The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Rickch
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    OH. MY. GOD.

c0NHQ6h.jpg

Holy shitballs nice one!
  • Addicksfan
    3340 posts National Call-Up
    OH. MY. GOD.

c0NHQ6h.jpg

Great pull.....keeping or selling?? If selling I'd advise keeping him fresh and holding onto him until a few days after release as his price will rise as more coins come into the game....
  • Addicksfan
    3340 posts National Call-Up
    Currently I don't have the game, waiting for the reviews after the first patch before jumping on board....but I am dabbling a little on the web app doing bronze pack method.....making some nice coin. Not doing any of the SBC's until OTW's are in packs.

Just picked up NBA2K and I have to say this game is a grinders paradise, the amount of rewards you can get through just playing the game online or offline is insane....evolution cards are a great addition too.....essentially the card has levels that you can grind towards, each level has set targets, say score 100 points...etc etc...really makes playing and grinding with these cards worth it. Really enjoying the game...
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks guys! Still can’t believe I packed him :)

@Addicksfan Good point actually! Still undecided and would probably end up kicking myself if I sold him without using him though, probably won’t pack anything anywhere near as good so might just keep him!
  • Ugri
    7395 posts Big Money Move
    @Ugri @xGrumpyWolfx Militao and Allan are very good , surprisingly good in fact. Militao far outplays his low defending stat and is very fast and agile. Allan is very good at winning the ball back but also feels very good on the ball and has 4* skills, he is basically a taller Kante with slightly less pace and interceptions but has the skills and better shooting and dribbling so could also play CM. Jesus has been very good too, scored a lot of goals and has very good dribbling , actually prefer him to Aguero who I used a few games off the bench on loan. I won 5 out of the 6 rivals games I played with my new team before my trial ended so the whole team felt good too, with Pauliniho and Carrasco also being key players.

@Finesse_4days Thanks! Will need to pick up that Militao then! Try Telles next to him, he is OP and price is rising hour per hour
  • Ugri
    @Finesse_4days I honestly have no idea, I mean it’s probaby the best card I’ve ever pulled on any FIFA so that makes me wanna keep him! Just hope his weak foot isnt an issue! Or I could sell him and build a monster team early on!

Guess I’ll use him for a bit when FIFA’s fully released, it’d be rude not to! B)

@xGrumpyWolfx WOWWOWOWOW!! Congrats! What pack was he in? Use for now imo and sell in 1-2 weeks as prices are still rising
  • Holy smokes. Grats man!
  • Ugri
    Anybody have SB Rewards?

I received Elite 2 rewards and it could have been worse:
    - If Aurier, if Pellegrini, Ozil the main pulls

Then i looked through the other players and had no clue Ndombele is a 20k player. Will keep the ifs as week 1 totw ALWAYS rises. Ndombele also rises guys? He is meta it seems in the bpl and being french.

Overall VERY happy as i made approx 80k from rewards. WIll play as much SB again this week.

1st weekend league next week only right? Need to get those 2000 points as well
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Has anyone found any cheap beasts yet during early access? Unfortunately didn't have early access myself so not been able to play the game yet.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Ugri wrote: »
    @Finesse_4days I honestly have no idea, I mean it’s probaby the best card I’ve ever pulled on any FIFA so that makes me wanna keep him! Just hope his weak foot isnt an issue! Or I could sell him and build a monster team early on!

Guess I’ll use him for a bit when FIFA’s fully released, it’d be rude not to! B)

@xGrumpyWolfx WOWWOWOWOW!! Congrats! What pack was he in? Use for now imo and sell in 1-2 weeks as prices are still rising
    Thanks dude! He popped out of a 7.5k pack xD
    Yeah think I’m gonna use him for a bit, he’s still gonna hold quite a bit of value even if he aint fresh!
  • Ugri

Thanks dude! He popped out of a 7.5k pack xD
    Yeah think I’m gonna use him for a bit, he’s still gonna hold quite a bit of value even if he aint fresh!

Yeah have fun with the card, i see 1 on the market for 3.5million and as people build up some coinage i couldn't see his price dropping just increasing, with fresh you might get 100-200k more but lets not get too gready :lol:
  • Finesse_4days
    8524 posts League Winner
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    Has anyone found any cheap beasts yet during early access? Unfortunately didn't have early access myself so not been able to play the game yet.

Rodrigo is good for around 12k so not that cheap but not too expensive, Alex Texerria is good, Carrasco is very Op but plays in the Chinese league so is hard to link but does have a nice strong link to Mousa Dembele, Pauliniho and Gabriel Paulista are also very good for their prices.
  • Finesse_4days
    8524 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    @Ugri @xGrumpyWolfx Militao and Allan are very good , surprisingly good in fact. Militao far outplays his low defending stat and is very fast and agile. Allan is very good at winning the ball back but also feels very good on the ball and has 4* skills, he is basically a taller Kante with slightly less pace and interceptions but has the skills and better shooting and dribbling so could also play CM. Jesus has been very good too, scored a lot of goals and has very good dribbling , actually prefer him to Aguero who I used a few games off the bench on loan. I won 5 out of the 6 rivals games I played with my new team before my trial ended so the whole team felt good too, with Pauliniho and Carrasco also being key players.

@Finesse_4days Thanks! Will need to pick up that Militao then! Try Telles next to him, he is OP and price is rising hour per hour

I was planning on keeping some coins for trading this week so sticking with Gaya LB and Carrasco LM, but after seeing that Coutiniho is only 35k and Telles 11k I have decided to buy them both as they will be upgrades and will help me make coins without trading. Coutiniho is in some Totw predictions and has a good chance of an OTW if he gets an IF and OTW he will be out of packs for 9 days and shoot up in price.
  • @xGrumpyWolfx The new @Ugri has arrived. You’ve been dethroned. Hahahaha. Congrats!!!
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @xGrumpyWolfx The new @Ugri has arrived. You’ve been dethroned. Hahahaha. Congrats!!!
    Hahaha :D hopefully it’s the first of many great pulls for us all this year!
  • Ugri

I was planning on keeping some coins for trading this week so sticking with Gaya LB and Carrasco LM, but after seeing that Coutiniho is only 35k and Telles 11k I have decided to buy them both as they will be upgrades and will help me make coins without trading. Coutiniho is in some Totw predictions and has a good chance of an OTW if he gets an IF and OTW he will be out of packs for 9 days and shoot up in price.

hmmm good shout on Coutinho, let me check him out!
  • Ugri
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @xGrumpyWolfx The new @Ugri has arrived. You’ve been dethroned. Hahahaha. Congrats!!!

@Absting159 @xGrumpyWolfx HAHAHA!

I have pulled Kante, Dybala, 3 ifs so far in the last few days, does that count at all? :lol:
  • Antparry92
    18444 posts World Class
    Played 19 earlier and doubt I’m getting 20 unless I get a decent deal in work.

Beat some fella 5-3 and he started following me and spamming friend requests calling me all sorts and asking for a rematch. Ain’t half some weirdos knocking about :joy:
  • RappSnitch
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    So played a few games on Access. Not a big fan of the game, or maybe I’m just bored of the franchise overall. Either way I’m not having fun at all playing it, so I don’t plan on getting the full game.
  • Antparry92
    18444 posts World Class
    Just found out I might be able to get it in work tonight for £35...no brainer
  • FrankFrank
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just need Mendy to finish this. Tried to snipe him for 30 min -.-

Might end up buying Telles + Allan instead.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-09-23-kl-19-12-36.png
  • RappSnitch
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Currently I don't have the game, waiting for the reviews after the first patch before jumping on board....but I am dabbling a little on the web app doing bronze pack method.....making some nice coin. Not doing any of the SBC's until OTW's are in packs.

Just picked up NBA2K and I have to say this game is a grinders paradise, the amount of rewards you can get through just playing the game online or offline is insane....evolution cards are a great addition too.....essentially the card has levels that you can grind towards, each level has set targets, say score 100 points...etc etc...really makes playing and grinding with these cards worth it. Really enjoying the game...

Yeah the evo thing is great, not sure how EA don’t have something like that. Actually makes the game worth grinding. You gotta pick and choose between which players you wanna grind though.
  • gresh1978
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite

Rodrigo is good for around 12k so not that cheap but not too expensive, Alex Texerria is good, Carrasco is very Op but plays in the Chinese league so is hard to link but does have a nice strong link to Mousa Dembele, Pauliniho and Gabriel Paulista are also very good for their prices.

Thanks for the feedback. How are you finding the game so far? Is it an improvement on last years drivel?
  • Finesse_4days
    8524 posts League Winner

Thanks for the feedback. How are you finding the game so far? Is it an improvement on last years drivel?

Yes it is an improvement, At first I thought it was amazing probably becuase I was so used to playing Fifa 19 which was awful, now I think it is good but they are some flaws which can be annoying. I really like the passing and the game speed plus defenders not catching up to strikers as easily, but GKS are bad, the positioning of defenders is sometimes very dodgy and low drivens and headers are absolutely awful. With a few small adjustments it could be a great game but even as it is it is quite abit better than Fifa 19.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @mjs4p did you not get it as well??

Purchased the deluxe edition of BL3 today so definitely no way I'm getting fifa now o:)

@krakos000

Haven’t been on the forums in 3 days! :D No, I didn’t buy it. I started playing NBA 2k20 when it came out and have no interest in FIFA after the way FIFA ‘19 went. It’s just not fun anymore. I can casually play 2k and enjoy the heck out of it.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something

@Addicksfan 100% on 2K. I’m loving it. The market is not as developed as FIFA, but you can grind forever while earning new cards, and even playing the AI is generally fun. I’ll have a fun team for as long as I play and never spend anything besides buying the game. Plus I’ve had some success trading / sniping.
  • Antparry92
    18444 posts World Class
    Time for my 10 hours
  • krakos000
    17544 posts World Class
    mjs4p wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    @mjs4p did you not get it as well??

Purchased the deluxe edition of BL3 today so definitely no way I'm getting fifa now o:)

@krakos000

Haven’t been on the forums in 3 days! :D No, I didn’t buy it. I started playing NBA 2k20 when it came out and have no interest in FIFA after the way FIFA ‘19 went. It’s just not fun anymore. I can casually play 2k and enjoy the heck out of it.

I'm still on here and discord but I have no interest in this year's game for the same reason as you. 19 killed the fun for me as well. Glad you're enjoying 2k at least!
  • RappSnitch
    edited September 2019
    mjs4p wrote: »

@Addicksfan 100% on 2K. I’m loving it. The market is not as developed as FIFA, but you can grind forever while earning new cards, and even playing the AI is generally fun. I’ll have a fun team for as long as I play and never spend anything besides buying the game. Plus I’ve had some success trading / sniping.

I like how the caters to collectors as well. Like with the token market, collector levels and reward cards. On FIFA you rarely keep more than 14-18 cards in your club as they’ll be going into SBC’s instead but on 2K you have a wide range of cards you’ve collected throughout the year.

Also the fact that they have licensing for practically every retired player and can release versions of current players from their old teams is brilliant. Although I realise it’s a lot easier to acquire the licensing when you only have to cover one league, but still.

Although saying that; my collector level has somehow glitched so it’s stuck at ‘’Undrafted’’, so now I can’t access the Auction House until they patch it. Absolutely fuming, and their live chat is useless as predicted. It’s like they want me to move over to FIFA :joy:
  • Antparry92
    18444 posts World Class
    Okay so after playing the trial and playing 4 rivals games here’s what I think:

Pros
    -Slower play style
    -Defenders less likely to make recovery runs

Cons
    Right, where do I start? The thing is most could be fixed tbh.
    -Finishing feels like a lottery, most go down the keepers throat
    -the time it takes from button input to shoot/pass, I could have a cup of tea in between it sometimes.
    -Never have I seen a FIFA so heavily based on ratings. High rated striker/icon and you will get EVERY bounce. Defender blocks a shot? Oh here you go, have it back again.
    -Defensive AI is worse than the one on pro clubs :joy:
    -FK’s and pens are terrible.
    -Adding players to squads etc feels terrible. Web/companion app is going to be used a LOT this year