The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Diego Costa for me. Great start! Lol.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Got a certain European Cup winning goalkeeper in my packs, plays for Liverpool, begins with 'A' :*
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Adrian?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18641 posts World Class
    Andy Longeran
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Adrian?

.......Yep
  • Finesse_4days
    8489 posts League Winner
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Definitely not getting this heap of s##t game :joy:

Won’t let me send anything to my club on the web app and everything is glitching

Very glitchy for me too, but that's just the server traffic and the web app is slow at the best of times.
  • Finesse_4days
    8489 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    @Ugri whats with the 0 coin transfer profit? I'm already up to 12.5k :p , you waiting some time to before you sell stuff? Or just not logged on yet?
  • Ugri
    7387 posts Big Money Move
    @Ugri whats with the 0 coin transfer profit? I'm already up to 12.5k :p , you waiting some time to before you sell stuff? Or just not logged on yet?

@Finesse_4days Giving you a head start :wink: Need to log on though :wink:
  • Ugri
    whats this "Tifo" thing??
  • Tof33z
    Ugri wrote: »

the emblems in the crowd

load of ****
  • Really have no idea whatsoever what my targets are this year. Not particularly excited about anyone, though Drogba should be nice. Even his baby will be well expensive though with new icon hype.
  • RappSnitch
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Man idk why I keep having this temptation to get the game. I know I shouldn’t, because I can guarantee that I’ll get bored within 1-2 months and it’ll be a waste of time, but the first few weeks are always fun when everyone has mediocre teams and you’re just grinding to get coins. I start losing interest when we get all the fantasy cards though.
  • McNasty
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anybody else doing a 'no purchase' rtg? Being strict with myself this year. £0 invested in FP and no packs opened for coins or draft entries. No real trading either so purely earning everything through actually playing the game. Looking forward to finding my love for the game again. Burned out in November with FIFA 17, October with FIFA 18 and was burnt out pre-release with FIFA 19.
  • Ugri

the emblems in the crowd

load of ****

Oh thanks, whey would anybody care about that??? i though its a token for the icon swap thing...Is it clear how that works then?
  • Tof33z

the emblems in the crowd

load of ****

Oh thanks, whey would anybody care about that??? i though its a token for the icon swap thing...Is it clear how that works then?

tifo is purely cosmetic rubbish

re swaps no real detail yet, similar in principle to futswaps last year but probably much harder

no info on how many tokens you need to do to earn an icon etc - you can choose who to get based on how many tokens you earned much like futswaps
  • Ugri

the emblems in the crowd

load of ****

re swaps no real detail yet, similar in principle to futswaps last year but probably much harder

no info on how many tokens you need to do to earn an icon etc - you can choose who to get based on how many tokens you earned much like futswaps

Thanks! Is EA Access already out btw?
  • RappSnitch
    McNasty wrote: »
    Anybody else doing a 'no purchase' rtg? Being strict with myself this year. £0 invested in FP and no packs opened for coins or draft entries. No real trading either so purely earning everything through actually playing the game. Looking forward to finding my love for the game again. Burned out in November with FIFA 17, October with FIFA 18 and was burnt out pre-release with FIFA 19.

Past years I’ve made the ‘’mistake’’ of blowing money on the game, making some easy investments and accumulating a few mil very early on. You’d think that would be fun, but it burns you out really fast. Last year I had tested out all the icons I wanted to use by the end of November, so it felt really empty after that and I ended up giving up on the game.

Definitely seems like it’s better to wait a little longer for the cards you want. It’s a bit of a grind in the beginning but the game will last longer.
  • Tof33z

the emblems in the crowd

load of ****

Thanks! Is EA Access already out btw?

Nope

6pm-8pm UK time tonight is the expectation, (4-6 hours from now)

the reality may be different
  • PelzyWelzy
    9975 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2019
    Incase you hadn’t heard lads.. early access is live ;)
  • Ugri
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Incase you hadn’t heard lads.. early access is live ;)

Played for an hour or so (2 SB games for coins and xp) gameplay is very different..
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Done my five placement matches, went 4-1 and put in Division 5
  • krakos000
    17544 posts World Class
    Feels good not playing for once
  • Keano
    14830 posts Has That Special Something
    Packed Lenglet, sold to get Aurier and malen plus the rest of my team, now to trade.
  • Davvebingan
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have packed De Ligt who will hold until he rises a bit and Thiago who I sold for 14k advanced SBCs pay off
  • Rickch
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Daft question - but just noticed my club name is something random, how do we change them?
  • RappSnitch
    So I downloaded the game through access, cause I figured I might as well give it a try considering it’s free. Now I don’t know if dare load it up. Don’t wanna get drawn in and end up doing something I’ll regret :joy:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18641 posts World Class
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    So I downloaded the game through access, cause I figured I might as well give it a try considering it’s free. Now I don’t know if dare load it up. Don’t wanna get drawn in and end up doing something I’ll regret :joy:

I played 3 full games and actually enjoyed them. Got Joe Gomez sent off in the 8th minute of the second game. Dominated the guy but couldn’t score and he won. I need to practice finishing

Malen got 5 in 3 but could have 15 if I knew how to finish.
  • Finesse_4days
    8489 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Warning long post incoming as I have quite a lot to say about the new game :)
    Wow ! That is the best gameplay I have seen on any Fifa ever. Yes, it is not perfect no Fifa game ever will be , but that is the most fun and rewarding gameplay I have played., maybe it was just Fifa 19 was so bad but I have not had so much fun on Fifa since Fifa 15.
    First of all I spent a bout an hour setting my team up and selling players as I was fed up with the web app and wanted to buy my team on console. Then I went into kick off for a 5 a side game which I found very fun and a nice way to start the game.
    I built this team https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/8125521 it initially had Rebic instead of Immobile.

First game in Fut I go into a rivals game 30 minutes in I was 0-0 but was thinking , god this is 100 times better than Fifa 19, the passing is miles better, everything seems more realistic, pace is abit OP on the counter attack but it is realistic ,and everything flowed really well. What was best is it rewarded intelligent play most of the time rather than mindless Fifa 19 style play. After dominating the opponent he scores 2 awful goals in quick succession and I am 2-0 down thinking screw this , its the same **** as last year.
    However, second half I got my passing game going got it back to 2-2 with a thunderous longshot from kondog , and then made it 3-2 shortly after, he then equalised late on but it was a decent opening
    game.
    Next 3 games I draw 2 win 1 after coming up against decent players, dominating the midfield even against better teams but missing chance after chance and conceding crap goals on the counter. Rebic was disappointing as his touch was poor , he felt clunky on the dribble even with sniper applied and missed loads of chances.
    So I decided to sell him and sign Immobile for a bargain 12k with the Hawk chem style as well.
    Next game man he was good, he scored 5 goals on his debut including a first half hattrick to win me the game 7-2 , he felt even better than Rodrigo who has been very good. His finishing was great, he was surprisingly nifty with his dribbling and he had perfect positioning , I 100% recommend him .
    I was put in Division 5 after 3 draws and 2 wins from my first 5, but I am happy to be unbeaten still and now I have Immobile expect to win a lot more games. All in all very happy with my team and very happy with the gameplay in comparison to Fifa 19 even thought there is a few issues at times.

Team review: Key players were Rodrigo, Immobile for the 1 game he played, Kondogbia and the 2 fullbacks. Correa is very good value as well and suits wide cam. Kondogbia is an absolute unit with a good all round game, kessie is not as good but still solid. What surprise me most was the fact that Smalling actually felt very solid apart from when high pace was required with some great tackles and the 2 fullbacks felt amazing on the ball. Gaya is very Op and has 4* skills this year, his 85 pace is a lie and he is super agile which helps a lot on and off the ball. Paulista, Lopez and Munian were all decent as well but not particularly eye catching or consistent so far.

Key things I noticed about Fifa 20
    1. Defending is a lot more manual and rewarding- they better not change it back to last year.
    2. Defending can be hard at times because the positioning of defenders makes them very vulnerable to through balls, may be different with elite defenders and when I get better at defending though.
    3. Players like Kondogbia who are powerhouses seem very effective, Gullit and Zidane should be even better than anticipated. Socrates and Ballack should be very good too.
    4. Dribbling is better, but not quite fluid enough around the edge of the box to create space, this will make the game a bit pay to win when it comes to dribbling and I also had to over use LB RB straif dribbling as a result, it is OP but necessary with how dribbling is at times.
    5. Jockeying is very nice and should be used a lot.
    6. It is important to not let people get behind your CDMS/CMS with defending being less assisted.
    7. Finishing is better but still too inconsistent and players with lower shooting stats miss sitters, shooting is a bit pay to win in this regard but players like Rodrigo and Immobile don't cost loads and can finish well.
    8. Kick-off is great fun
    9. Menu layout is nice but takes getting used to
    10. Soundtrack is nice
    11. Most of the animations look a lot more realistic and most of the stupidly broken things seem gone.
    12. Headers are nerfed significantly but can still be scored occasionally
    13. Less rage worthy becuase usually you know where you are going wrong unlike fifa 19 when crazy volleys and crossing goals were scored a lot.
    14. GK movement is still annoying at times and should have been removed.

Too lazy to read- Overall , even though some things are not perfect, that was probably the best start of Fifa gameplay I have ever seen and I hope they just tweak the odd thing instead of ruining it by bringing back OP Ai defending like recent years.

Post edited by Finesse_4days on
  • Tof33z
    I won't quote that monster 😂 but good post, glad you're enjoying it

I've liked it too, I'd say the pace thing could be somewhere between this year and last maybe. But I'd rather they erred this side, pace should be a thing. Just hope it doesn't lead to too much ptb, but then we had that last year anyway
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Feels good not playing for once

Preach! :D