The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Antparry92
    19193 posts World Class
    Cheers @FrankFrank. One hell of a team you’ve got there. Undoubtedly I’ll be back next year with the same optimism hoping that the game isn’t a complete shambles. Tbf the early weeks of the game are the best when everyone is using starter squads and what not.

I’m done with WL for the year after this weekend, which I’m only doing for the ultimate TOTS rewards, even so I may not even play this weekend if I don’t have the time
  • Finesse_4days
    10029 posts Has That Special Something
    Thanks @FrankFrank , I'm getting to the stage where I feel done with the game as well but I will probably get unbelievable rewards to draw me back to be bothered about the game again. You not getting Fifa next year?
    My thinking is it will probably be better as they would struggle to make a worse game, but that's what I thought after Fifa 19, I've had some enjoyment this year like yourself but it has been a horrible, horrible year for gameplay.
  • GeTRiGhT
    11755 posts Has That Special Something
    Well done and GL @FrankFrank
  • Cloudio7
    2593 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've had the time to buy only 1 mln worth of Ligue1 rares, did 55 packs and the best pull has been Keylor Navas. I'm lest with 3.1 mln and I'm tempted to buy this squad:
    6XtZrB0.jpg

Or i could unlock Goosens from the Serie a sbc, play him at rb switching Cuadrado at rm and save the coins from Gomez.
    I know shifter Ronaldo isn't really worth it but he did wonders when I used him back in the days.
    I just need to freshen things up instead of unistalling the game.
  • Absting159
    7516 posts Moderator
    edited June 1
    @FrankFrank That's a great post man. Yeah, this year killed me though. I've lost any desire to play 20, uninstalled and haven't had the itch yet. 100% in September I'll get 21, I'll give the benefit of doubt that maybe it'll be better. I'll do my normal mini splurge - nothing like in the past - to build up a small balance then I'm RTG.

I said that last year regarding not spending money on points through the year, but my anger and frustration win. They won't get my money next year after release day.

Uninstalled early into the pandemic; I've been FIFA free for about 5-6 weeks. I missed every TOTSSF, I was dabbling doing SBCs up to Prem League. Pulled GK Henderson and deleted the game. LOL.

I do like to pop in and out here because I will be back and appreciate everyone whose still enjoying the game keeping the best thread running :).
  • Finesse_4days
    No posts in 2 days, things are really starting to die down this Fifa. I'm trying to decide whether to play WL or not this week, if I buy a team this is what I would go for assuming I don't get any crazy player picks https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/16583079 Hopefully would do better than recent weeks and get Gold 1.
    The market will tank after WL so I could not play and benefit more than playing and just relax, but the chance of a Red CR7 or whatever other top tier cards are available does tempt me.
  • ConGard
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Finesse_4days yh FIFA is really starting to fully die now, tho I’ve been playing arguably some of my beat FIFA in rivals this week. Got up to div 5 for the first time but tryna do objectives is gonna knock me back down I imagine
  • Cloudio7
    b24dvd9.jpg
    And that's the squad for my last wl and the very last days of me playing fifa.
    As you @Finesse_4days and @ConGard said, this fifa is at his final bow and even if the possiblenext wl picks are going to be guaranteed great cards, I feel that we will play relaxed and with no excessive stress.
  • Finesse_4days
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    b24dvd9.jpg
    As you @Finesse_4days and @ConGard said, this fifa is at his final bow and even if the possiblenext wl picks are going to be guaranteed great cards, I feel that we will play relaxed and with no excessive stress.

That fernadez card looks very good , tempted to try him.
  • Cloudio7
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    b24dvd9.jpg

That fernadez card looks very good , tempted to try him.

He's immense: better than Aourar and half a level below toty KDB
  • Antparry92
    19193 posts World Class
    I’m pretty much done tbh
  • DoD_Jester
    27268 posts Player of the Year
    I'm not done, but I'm not stressing over anything anymore, got my first ever elite 3 with a team that I never imagined I'd get it with so all I'll do now for the rest of the cycle is play wls when there's a promo I fancy, and not to more than 17 wins
  • Absting159
    7516 posts Moderator
    I think that the influx of 90+ rated cards absolutely kills the mode.

To me, FUT Is a grind. Trading. Working. Playing. EARNING those top players. I hate the amount of promotions we have and honestly, TOTS as its been has always killed the game for me.

As we know, I quit over a month ago, but seeing silver cards boosted into Ronaldo and Messi level makes me even happier I don't even have the game installed.
  • Cloudio7
    Did the guaranteed Ligue1 tots sbc and yes, i pulled him! Couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that flag popping up so beautiful and shining in its amazing colors! Who the hell is Rajkovic?
  • ConGard
    @Absting159 yh I feel kinda like that aswell too many promotions and special cards. I think I prefer back when it was mostly just IF cards with the odd promo.

@Cloudio7 well that has both put me off doing the guaranteed pack while also making me want to do it just as much
  • Absting159
    7516 posts Moderator
    ConGard wrote: »
    @Absting159 yh I feel kinda like that aswell too many promotions and special cards. I think I prefer back when it was mostly just IF cards with the odd promo.

100% - I honestly prefer the days of like 5-6 promos a year. IF's mean something. And Icon SBCs. Investing was better.

But lets be honest - I want the game to not suck. I'll take whatever happens with content because we know all they want to do is maximize profits from FUT (which any business would, no judgement there). I just wish we truly saw a better game due to the INSANE amount of profit it draws.
  • Cloudio7
    edited June 3
    I do think that the main reason they dropped so many promos in the last two years is that they knew since the start that they were giving us a non finished product and the worst servers possible. So they tried to distract the majority of their customers giving them always more brand new shiny cards. I've started playing fut with fifa 17 and in 4 years they've gone so south to induce me not to buy the game next year.

@ConGard I did it just for the laugh 'cause I knew I wasn't going to pull one of the big boy, but wasn't even expecting the worst card possible for the fifth guaranteed tots league.
  • Cloudio7
    Good luck with your rewards, guys! I got Mandanda and Moralez as my pick and pulled André from wl reward packs. Went with untradeables from dr and got Hummels as my only walkout.
  • Finesse_4days
    I got Verratti and Savenier as reds atleast they will be decent subs and eventually fodder for the ultimate tots SBC.
    I have decided I am going to play WL but with a team with a 90k Motm attack and the rest untradeables this is the squad https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/16608981
    By using a cheap team and having 2.4mill ready for when the market tanks on Monday I should save about 400k, hopefully I should still get gold 2 for decent picks, the attack is the sort of attack I would use in November but the rest of the team is similar to what I would normally use and I have Tots Gomez on the bench to make a difference, would take Gold 3 tbh.
  • ConGard
    My rewards were awful. Got Aued as my pick and nothing in the packs. Don’t know why but I then decided to take packs from rivals and packed nothing again
  • DoD_Jester
    27268 posts Player of the Year
    Elite 3

Reds verratti oshimen and aoaur

Elite pack depay savanier and rajkovic

Puts enough in my kitty to grab butra 90 and maybe matthaus mid
  • Finesse_4days
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Elite 3

Pretty good set of rewards that.
  • ConGard
    Elite 3

That’s pretty decent, could have been a lot worse

• Cloudio7
    Elite 3

That's a pretty decent return to say the truth; I've seen elite packs not even worth 100k in total.
  • Finesse_4days
    Bought IF Reus for 60k instead of Motm Williams who feels like a sliver with the ball at his feet , shocking player.
    I am going to play a 4321 with Sancho LF, Reus ST and Bale RF this WL as I think having 3 upfront will make up for not having any top attackers like I usually have.
  • FrankFrank
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    Hope everyone is doing well :smiley:

I got nothing At'al :trollface:
  • Antparry92
    19193 posts World Class
    May be tempted to play this weekend with ultimate rewards but it’ll be my last of the year tbh
  • Absting159
    7516 posts Moderator
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    May be tempted to play this weekend with ultimate rewards but it’ll be my last of the year tbh

Join the club. It's peaceful waiting for 21.
  • FrankFrank
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    Wish I could give Atal to one of you guys. I refuse to play this weekend :joy:
  • Antparry92
    19193 posts World Class
    First game of the day and it was rage inducing. Game was playing like a flipbook sketch and ended up drawing 4-4 with some stupid goals on either side with defenders falling over and stuff