The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    What are the odds on me pulling someone decent on the web app to suck me in after saying I’m not getting the game? :joy:
  • Davvebingan
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably good
  • Addicksfan
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Alright chaps, I still don't have the game but I more than likely will as my boy wants a copy....not to worried about early access or pre-order....will just get the standard edition on full release....I'm going no money spent....

I'm enjoying NBA2K20 (my team and GM) although I'm a complete noob and Madden (MUT) at the moment....
  • Addicksfan
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    What are the odds on me pulling someone decent on the web app to suck me in after saying I’m not getting the game? :joy:

It's gonna happen....
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something

I’ve been thinking this too. I haven’t bought the game and have no intention to, so I’ll probably pull CR7 if I open my loyalty packs! :joy:
  • Keano
    14863 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to do a standard RTG around a player... same as every year.... I've done Neville, Keane & Best... Prime Keane is available in icon set 1, so that might be worth a shout, but he's also not end game... so it might be more beneficial to get baby Best to build around him till the prime comes out.

No new United players so Best is the best of the lot for fifa.
  • RappSnitch
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    mjs4p wrote: »
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone has fun the next 2 weeks! This was always the best part of FIFA for me.

I decided not to buy the game this year. I’m just not interested. Maybe I’ll feel differently in a few months, but all hype is dead for me. I’m enjoying playing NBA 2k20.

I will miss this thread about as much as any, so I’ll probably still drop in occasionally to see how everyone is doing. Good luck to everyone in their new FIFA adventure!

MyCareer or MyTeam?

MyTeam @RappSnitch

Nice! Started playing MyTeam a bit on 18 then from November and onwards on 19 and I’ve started from day 1 this year. The offline modes give out great rewards this year, so I’m grinding those as well.

Was debating getting FIFA for a bit but I don’t have time to play both games and everything I’ve seen regarding FIFA looks pretty poor.
  • FrankFrank
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ugri wrote: »
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I hope everyone is doing well. Decided to get the game anyway, even though I was planning on skipping it. I miss this place too much, and Im an addict for life I guess :D Promised myself that I will stay away from fifa points this year, and no 30-game weekend leagues. Just a casual approach and hopefully 14 wins from 17ish games and more focus on menus/trading.

I still have EA access etc - If I buy the digital version from xbox store right now will I be able to access the web app by the 19th? Or is it only those who pre-ordered?

Hyyyype @Ugri @Addicksfan @Finesse_4days @Absting159 @PelzyWelzy @mjs4p @Daveofwales01 @Alexrb89 @Tof33z @krakos000 @Davvebingan

@FrankFrank Over the moom bro ure also in! Lets keep each other honest with no FP!

Glad to hear so mate and thats a deal ;) Already excited to see what you get from the web app packs :D
  • mjs4p
    edited September 2019
    Hello everyone! I hope everyone has fun the next 2 weeks! This was always the best part of FIFA for me.

I decided not to buy the game this year. I’m just not interested. Maybe I’ll feel differently in a few months, but all hype is dead for me. I’m enjoying playing NBA 2k20.

I will miss this thread about as much as any, so I’ll probably still drop in occasionally to see how everyone is doing. Good luck to everyone in their new FIFA adventure!

MyCareer or MyTeam?

MyTeam @RappSnitch

Nice! Started playing MyTeam a bit on 18 then from November and onwards on 19 and I’ve started from day 1 this year. The offline modes give out great rewards this year, so I’m grinding those as well.

Was debating getting FIFA for a bit but I don’t have time to play both games and everything I’ve seen regarding FIFA looks pretty poor.

Exactly my feeling. I’ve been grinding offline; the Wade Challenge and Domination mostly. The game has plenty of glitches, but it’s new for me, so I’m enjoying it.
  • RappSnitch
    396 posts Sunday League Hero

MyCareer or MyTeam?

MyTeam @RappSnitch

Exactly my feeling. I’ve been grinding offline; the Wade Challenge and Domination mostly. The game has plenty of glitches, but it’s new for me, so I’m enjoying it.

Yeah for sure. The game was a mess on the first day, never seen so many glitches at once in any game ever. Surprisingly though they seem to be actively trying to fix them. For now I’ll just grind Domination and Triple Threat and once I’m done I’ll move only online.
  • @Antparry92 when we all say how awesome the game is you’ll be like.... “ah well shucks guys. I want in too!!!”
  • Finesse_4days
    8514 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    I'm not too happy with the new Icon situation with no Icon sbcs, but I will just adapt my Fifa 20 plan. Now the top icons will be more unattainable becuase there will be no Sbc for them and only a select few will be available through the Fut swaps I will focus more on top Toty Cards and other special cards, and go for the likes of Toty Messi instead of big boy icons. I still hope to get a few icons, but now everyone will have cheap skate and average icons , to make my team more unique I will only go for a couple of icons.
    Out of the first lot only Rio and Gerrard appeal to me as I don't think Drogba will be that good, and Hugo sanchez has been ruined by Ea becuase of the awful composure which is 58 or something similar.
  • I'm not too happy with the new Icon situation with no Icon sbcs, but I will just adapt my Fifa 20 plan. Now the top icons will be more unattainable becuase there will be no Sbc for them and only a select few will be available through the Fut swaps I will focus more on top Toty Cards and other special cards, and go for the likes of Toty Messi instead of big boy icons. I still hope to get a few icons, but now everyone will have cheap skate and average icons , to make my team more unique I will only go for a couple of icons.
    Out of the first lot only Rio and Gerrard appeal to me as I don't think Drogba will be that good, and Hugo sanchez has been ruined by Ea becuase of the awful composure which is 58 or something similar.

I posted this in the icon pitch notes thread:

I’m back and forth with this. Icons should be attainable without spending real money and opening packs. So this is a win. I would expect the grind to be immense. So that’s fair and honestly, not a surprise.

I dislike that we can’t get prime and moments until around the time in the year I’m getting burnt out. BUT, I like knowing this upfront. That’s a lose/win. AND I hope we know who will be attainable and when - rather than blindly waiting.

FUTmas is the last enjoyable promo for me. After that the market is too diluted with ridiculous 90+ rated cards and I start to lose interest.

Maybe this keeps my interest in which case they probably got what they wanted. Time will tell.
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Antparry92 when we all say how awesome the game is you’ll be like.... “ah well shucks guys. I want in too!!!”

Genuinely the first time I’ve not been bothered at all
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3029 posts National Call-Up
    Hello again folks! I'm back again for the new FIFA year free of rage! Let's see how long I last this time :D
    Hope everyone is well and hope everyones excited to start FUT again! What players is everyone most looking forward to using?

Personally I want to get VvD as soon as possible and was planning on aiming for Prime King Kenny until EA threw a spanner in the works haha! Will have to settle for his mid then I guess!
  • LFC Simon 98
    18676 posts World Class
    VVD, the mid Gerrard and Neymar my first ‘big’ targets
  • Ugri
    7393 posts Big Money Move
    still no webapp, not looking good for the servers if they release tonight....was expecting a soft release like last years
  • mjs4p
    still no webapp, not looking good for the servers if they release tonight....was expecting a soft release like last years

If I remember right, I don’t think it was out last year until TOTW was supposed to officially be in packs (30 min from now).
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    Nice to to EA up to their usual. No sign of the web app yet :joy:
  • Ugri
    I could access the webapp and opened my packs. Best was Shaw, might be worth few k after release.

What did u guys get?
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    I could access the webapp and opened my packs. Best was Shaw, might be worth few k after release.

What did u guys get?
    Link?
  • Ugri

What did u guys get?
    Link?

The same as webapp from last year
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class

What did u guys get?
    Link?

The same as webapp from last year

Couldn’t access it on my phone, kept springing up the companion app when I clicked it. Uninstalled the companion app and it was still loading it up :joy:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18676 posts World Class
    Nothing in my packs but working through the SBC’s
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    Web app glitching like mad!! :joy:

Just tried to send the TOTW kits to my club, wouldn’t let me so I ended up discarding them to open my packs.

Opened a pack, see my highest player then it returns me to the page of what I want to do with my kits. Even better, I look at my packs again and it’s as though I hadn’t even opened the pack ffs :joy:
  • Finesse_4days
    8514 posts League Winner
    I got Lopez ,Ceballos and Matip so not anything good but the sheer amount of things I got will be enough to get started and get coins for sbcs.
  • Antparry92
    18442 posts World Class
    edited September 2019
    Definitely not getting this heap of [Removed - CM] game :joy:

Won’t let me send anything to my club on the web app and everything is glitching
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • LFC Simon 98
    18676 posts World Class
    Working fine for me
  • FrankFrank
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dembele so far :) Happy with that. Just saw he is 5*/5 again.