The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Antparry92
    19214 posts World Class
    Do you guys play your two CM’s as 8’s/CAMs?
  • Cloudio7
    2594 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 1
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    Love it when my oppo send me rage messages telling I'm s**t and play 1 depth drop back, when I play 9 depth and poht. Obviously they send me that kind of message after I win by 3 or four goals or when they rage quit at the 30th min with me winning 2/3-0 and they haven't had a single shot on target.
    Btw, it took almost April but I've finally found the best formation for my playstyle; from now till the end i'll set up every my squad for playing 3142.

I was legit just about to post about the 3142 lol, used it for the first time today after watching Nick RTFM go 29-1 with it, at first I had no clue how to use it as it is very weird and unusual but once I realised who I needed on what instructions it is looking promising. Only played 2 games with it so its early days, but as an attacking formation it is amazing and it is so fun to use. I will need headliner Capa to make it work better, becuase right now I am using normal Semedo right cb which isn't ideal.
    Don't know who Nick rtfm is, but I can assure that once you understand a couple of dynamics of this formation your win % will shoot up significantly.
    That's my team at the moment:
    g2apmnG.jpg

I'm finding Semedo great as my rcb and I definitely going to purchase his hl card because I find his m/h wr perfect for the role. Other upgrades will be shifter Marcelo or toty Frenkie for Ikoné, base Maldini for Diego Carlos and still don't know who for Ousmane. I could even drop Atal at lcm and buy a 5*wf st (the dream is fb Mbappe but I'm 1 mln away from him)

My tactics:
    jwssmlv.jpg
    Instructions are:
    Cdm: sbwa, cover center ;
    Lm/rm: cbod, gitbfc;
    Lcm/rcm: cover center:
    Strikers: stay central, gib.
    Post edited by Cloudio7 on
  • Cloudio7
    Antparry92 wrote: »

The only instruction i have on them is to stay central; I've tried to use free roam but they were leaving too many gaps in the middle of the pitch that is the most important area for me. Hope my cts and instructions can come in handy.
  • Finesse_4days
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Love it when my oppo send me rage messages telling I'm s**t and play 1 depth drop back, when I play 9 depth and poht. Obviously they send me that kind of message after I win by 3 or four goals or when they rage quit at the 30th min with me winning 2/3-0 and they haven't had a single shot on target.
    Btw, it took almost April but I've finally found the best formation for my playstyle; from now till the end i'll set up every my squad for playing 3142.

I was legit just about to post about the 3142 lol, used it for the first time today after watching Nick RTFM go 29-1 with it, at first I had no clue how to use it as it is very weird and unusual but once I realised who I needed on what instructions it is looking promising. Only played 2 games with it so its early days, but as an attacking formation it is amazing and it is so fun to use. I will need headliner Capa to make it work better, becuase right now I am using normal Semedo right cb which isn't ideal.
    Don't know who Nick rtfm is, but I can assure that once you understand a couple of dynamics of this formation your win % will shoot up significantly.
    g2apmnG.jpg

I'm finding Semedo great as my rcb and I definitely going to purchase his hl card because I find his m/h wr perfect for the role. Other upgrades will be shifter Marcelo or toty Frenkie for Ikoné, base Maldini for Diego Carlos and still don't know who for Ousmane. I could even drop Atal at lcm and buy a 5*wf st (the dream is fb Mbappe but I'm 1 mln away from him)

My tactics:
    jwssmlv.jpg
    Instructions are:

I'll have to have a look later, but my instructions + positioning of players certainly didn't look like that, on the custom tactics they present the formation in the most r*tarded way in the world so it is very confusing, but I put my wingers in what looked like CM becuase they play as wide cams, and I put seedorf and De jong in what looks like LW and RW but they play CM, I didn't have the option for Comeback on defence I don't think.
  • Finesse_4days
    I played 7 depth, 5 width pressure on heavy touch , balanced attack 6 width . Long ball wouldn't work for me becuase I would loose the ball too much and I like my width wide to keep the ball easier and use the full pitch.
  • Antparry92
    19214 posts World Class

The only instruction i have on them is to stay central; I've tried to use free roam but they were leaving too many gaps in the middle of the pitch that is the most important area for me. Hope my cts and instructions can come in handy.

I’ve not touched CT’s or anything I just use more attacking WR’s and stats in those two areas I.e Socrates and Ramsey are my CM’s with Tonali holding
  • Cloudio7

g2apmnG.jpg

My tactics:
    jwssmlv.jpg
    Instructions are:

I'll have to have a look later, but my instructions + positioning of players certainly didn't look like that, on the custom tactics they present the formation in the most r*tarded way in the world so it is very confusing, but I put my wingers in what looked like CM becuase they play as wide cams, and I put seedorf and De jong in what looks like LW and RW but they play CM, I didn't have the option for Comeback on defence I don't think.

On companion posizione are in the right way while on console are put in the weirdest way possible and the formation looks like a cube. Lol.
    I played 7 depth, 5 width pressure on heavy touch , balanced attack 6 width . Long ball wouldn't work for me becuase I would loose the ball too much and I like my width wide to keep the ball easier and use the full pitch.

I use my wingers as additional attackers bombing in the box to score undisturbed.
  • Cloudio7
    edited April 1

I’ve not touched CT’s or anything I just use more attacking WR’s and stats in those two areas I.e Socrates and Ramsey are my CM’s with Tonali holding

That's how i've set my cms too; for my playstyle i find more effective to have each of them on the side of their strong foot (i score tons of long post shots) but giving all of the players instruction can make a big impact on the way your team act, espescially when defending.
  • Finesse_4days
    @Cloudio7 what division are you in rivals? becuase I just used the formation in rivals now and got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ by a cutback spammer, I find its impossible to defend with
  • Finesse_4days
    I am going to use 41212 wide as my attacking formation instead, will play Seedorf Cam with Frenkie Cdm.
  • Cloudio7
    Usually mid 3 almost 2 but recently i've relegated myself in d4 for some objective. Honestly I don't have great problems vs cut back spammers or people playing ultra wide. Sergio Ramos and Semedo are doing a great work containing counters while Roberto Carlos and Ousmane track back. Most of the times I manually switch to Mendy to cut their runs and give support to the cbs.
  • Antparry92
    19214 posts World Class
    @Cloudio7 what division are you in rivals? becuase I just used the formation in rivals now and got ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ by a cutback spammer, I find its impossible to defend with
    That’s one thing you’re susceptible to. I am anyway with 4 atb so it makes no difference to me :joy:
  • Finesse_4days
    Usually mid 3 almost 2 but recently i've relegated myself in d4 for some objective. Honestly I don't have great problems vs cut back spammers or people playing ultra wide. Sergio Ramos and Semedo are doing a great work containing counters while Roberto Carlos and Ousmane track back. Most of the times I manually switch to Mendy to cut their runs and give support to the cbs.

Might just be my bad defending but I found my Cbs did nothing to stop the wingers and my wide players were to high up and couldn't stop players like Neymar.
  • Cloudio7

Might just be my bad defending but I found my Cbs did nothing to stop the wingers and my wide players were to high up and couldn't stop players like Neymar.

You know what? 99% of the people play the same way so it's so predictable to close the spaces they would use to spam a pass to the wide cam or the winger; as soon as i lose the ball i switch to my most wide player and my oppo has to pass to the center of the pitch where I have at least 3 players ready to steal the ball.
  • FrankFrank
    3482 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna throw a prediction and say Ill get 0 walkouts from

2x 100k
    2x 50k
    2x 45k
    2x 30k

:D
  • Davvebingan
    2852 posts Fans' Favourite
    Didn’t get much from the reward packs but got:
    Aguero untradable and Umtiti and Douglas Costa Tradable from various SBCs I put the untradable dupes in
  • Antparry92
    19214 posts World Class
    Could have done worse from rewards, and 3 club SBC’s. 87 Aspas as my red, Casemiro, Allan, IF Guaita, IF Sherhi and IF Schwolow
  • FrankFrank
    84 untradeable Coman as my best pull.
  • Finesse_4days
    Reds I got Robertson and Guita so not too bad, 100k packs I only got Boateng,Lopes and IF Mee but that is normal. Main thing is I got 120k just from coins from rivals and WL, +50k from packs so 170k in total which is decent.
  • Cloudio7
    Higuain as my bel pull, Guaita and Poulsen as my red picks and I've promised myself i won't ever again take packs from rivals rewards; just grab the coins and run away. In a mega pack i've had 4 players (highest rated a 78 one and all of them duplicates) and 26 useless items.
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Sat out a week, but since i have next week off with nowhere to go for obvious reason i can go the full 30 this weekend and next without feeling i left to little time for other interests ...

@Finesse_4days 41212 wide is great for attacking if you have the players for it. I only moved away from it as my go-to attacking tactic since i tended to lack that 5th attacking player playing usually 3 ATB (but still need a 4th defender for when i go to 4 ATB).

Currently torn between taking Overmars or rolling the dice on the Prime Pack. Got Dalglish from my sole Mid Icon Pack, so most likely Prime now would be a total dud :D
  • FrankFrank
    @Whoman Pack imo. No guts no glory :D
  • Finesse_4days
    Whoman wrote: »
    Sat out a week, but since i have next week off with nowhere to go for obvious reason i can go the full 30 this weekend and next without feeling i left to little time for other interests ...

@Finesse_4days 41212 wide is great for attacking if you have the players for it. I only moved away from it as my go-to attacking tactic since i tended to lack that 5th attacking player playing usually 3 ATB (but still need a 4th defender for when i go to 4 ATB).

Currently torn between taking Overmars or rolling the dice on the Prime Pack. Got Dalglish from my sole Mid Icon Pack, so most likely Prime now would be a total dud :D

I have the players for it but will probably only use it as a formation to chase a game and start with a 442 so I am more solid defensively. This is the new team I have planned https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/14620823
    I am just waiting on marquee matchups for another 20-30k to buy Blanc and walker and then it is sorted.
    I had Toty Frenkie for Rooney but wanted to make a more balanced team, selling him has allowed me to buy prime Best +Prime Blanc instead of normal Messi and FB Lucas Hernadez. Not used Best this year so I am looking forward to trying him.
  • Davvebingan
    Bought Prime Koeman, my team is set for my first WL since before Xmas.
    55-ECF295-B70-B-462-D-95-EA-32851610-EC1-C.jpg
  • Finesse_4days

the picture isnt working
  • Absting159
    7516 posts Moderator
    edited April 2
    Packed me someone in WL rewards:
    L94yGIV.jpg

So, I was able to upgrade from Prime Lamps to Gerrard (playing CDM).

Then, my boy Bergwijn had to be the SBC so needless to say had to shift around the team. Messi and Deco out. Seedorf and Bergwijn in.

Formation for Chem Purposes:
    lR2lWAV.jpg

WL Squad: Locked and Loaded
    KbjTz9b.jpg
  • FreddieKane
    737 posts Semi-Pro
    So I bought a fresh BD Hazard.. I don't know what I'm gonna do with him yet and knowing my luck have overpaid but I got nervous about a Bale card coming out tomorrow so figured I'd bite the bullet..
  • Davvebingan

the picture isnt working

52-C467-BC-9-FF6-42-FB-9-AB0-CF4-C4-C2-B2-CF4.jpg

Better?
  • FrankFrank
    Dam that Bergwijn looks so good :o
  • Finesse_4days

the picture isnt working

52-C467-BC-9-FF6-42-FB-9-AB0-CF4-C4-C2-B2-CF4.jpg

Better?

Yes it works, looks a good team. Would swap Litmanen and Neymar as Neymar's pace and 5* WF makes him more suited to play out wide. Good luck in weekend league.