The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Need to do Smalling and Flashback Costa when I get home later. Still debating whether to submit for Adama though
  • PelzyWelzy
    10057 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Need to do Smalling and Flashback Costa when I get home later. Still debating whether to submit for Adama though

Played against him twice today.

Marcelo had him in his pocket twice.
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Played against him twice today.

Marcelo had him in his pocket twice.

Some stats look great and I know I’ll kick myself if I didn’t do him. I’ve got loads of prem and Spanish players as well to link with him
  • Orison
    51893 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited January 20
    Skills got brought up in here yesterday.

Skillmoves this year aren't needed that much to get past the AI, because the AI itself is pretty dead and often stands still. And if your opponent is having a player selected you can usually turn him with dribbling and quick turning (but obviously with skillmoves too). However skillmoves are absolutely vital to create space and angles.

That's why you see people doing "random" ball rolls and drag backs. If the players is good then these ball rolls are hardly random. They prevent the opponent from tackling, instead he will back off, because he doesn't know what you are going to do. This is resulting in you having more time and space. They also create better passing angles.

This is just a quick example of me creating a bit more space and in the case of the final fake shot a much better shooting angle
    3t32OsI.gif

Same game I also scored this. Not too much sprinting unless it really helps you, a lot of turning, don't be afraid to turn and pass backwards, in the end another quick fake shot to get away from the defender and create the angle for the near post shot
    7AX7ZUr.gif

And one from this WL. As you can see I stood still with Neymar for a fraction of a second before turning and shooting. This is another great teachnique, because it will make the defender overcommit like no tomorrow. I don't know why, but players standing still even for 2 frames makes people want to dive into tackles :D However it can't be used if the defender is right on you, because then he will just take the ball away.
    wARPXP8.gif

Also LB and RB are vital this year otherwise your attacking AI is simply standing still way too often. You need to use them and you need to use them a lot.
    Post edited by Orison on
  • Absting159
    7331 posts Moderator
    Thanks @Orison

I was doing the turning and just retaining possession vs skilling.

Also, have Trent and Robertson I was using LB and RB to trigger them more than I ver have before.

All great pointers. Thanks again man!!!
  • Finesse_4days
    8695 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Skills got brought up in here yesterday.

Skillmoves this year aren't needed that much to get past the AI, because the AI itself is pretty dead and often stands still. And if your opponent is having a player selected you can usually turn him with dribbling and quick turning (but obviously with skillmoves too). However skillmoves are absolutely vital to create space and angles.

That's why you see people doing "random" ball rolls and drag backs. If the players is good then these ball rolls are hardly random. They prevent the opponent from tackling, instead he will back off, because he doesn't know what you are going to do. This is resulting in you having more time and space. They also create better passing angles.

This is just a quick example of me creating a bit more space and in the case of the final fake shot a much better shooting angle
    3t32OsI.gif

Same game I also scored this. Not too much sprinting unless it really helps you, a lot of turning, don't be afraid to turn and pass backwards, in the end another quick fake shot to get away from the defender and create the angle for the near post shot
    7AX7ZUr.gif

And one from this WL. As you can see I stood still with Neymar for a fraction of a second before turning and shooting. This is another great teachnique, because it will make the defender overcommit like no tomorrow. I don't know why, but players standing still even for 2 frames makes people want to dive into tackles :D However it can't be used if the defender is right on you, because then he will just take the ball away.
    wARPXP8.gif

Also LB and RB are vital this year otherwise your attacking AI is simply standing still way too often. You need to use them and you need to use them a lot.

Mc. geady spins and scoop turns are very good this year imo especially with Neymar, bought Neymar to use for the first time today and he is disgustingly good even on 6 chem. I actually prefer him at striker to Toty Messi he is that good, his ability to skill and dribble is next level and his finishing seems broken.
  • Finesse_4days
    8695 posts League Winner
    I also love spamming the ball roll sombrero, doesn't always work but it is amazing when it does and then you go straight into a volley after flicking the ball over someone's head.
  • Orison
    I also love spamming the ball roll sombrero, doesn't always work but it is amazing when it does and then you go straight into a volley after flicking the ball over someone's head.

u7n3kFW.gif
  • sofyanm
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    nice @Orison ! Already using this a lot. Love fake shots as well
    my main issue this year is defending against good opponents. I struggle with back passes on my box and I have issues covering empty spaces
  • Absting159
    7331 posts Moderator
    @Orison

How do you do that move with the flick up? How many stars required?
  • Orison
    For that animation 5* I think. It's just a ball roll and then clicking in the right stick.
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Right, I’ve debated about this for days now...keep my untradeables that I’ve got left, not many seeing as I’ve done Smalling and Diego Costa and sell the 60k worth of players I bought for Adama and have 200k to play with?
    Or do I pump them in to Suarez to go with Costa?
    Or finally just end up doing Adama anyway?
  • PelzyWelzy
    Orison wrote: »
    For that animation 5* I think. It's just a ball roll and then clicking in the right stick.

Yup.
  • Finesse_4days
    8695 posts League Winner
    Right, I’ve debated about this for days now...keep my untradeables that I’ve got left, not many seeing as I’ve done Smalling and Diego Costa and sell the 60k worth of players I bought for Adama and have 200k to play with?

sell the players, and don't do any other sbcs out of those. I have played against Adama he is very good at sweats across the box but that is about it his shot isn't bad tbf, but 2* WF and a lack of quick turning ability means he is abit one dimensional, run down the wing in a straight line and tramp across is all I see from him.
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class

sell the players, and don't do any other sbcs out of those. I have played against Adama he is very good at sweats across the box but that is about it his shot isn't bad tbf, but 2* WF and a lack of quick turning ability means he is abit one dimensional, run down the wing in a straight line and tramp across is all I see from him.

I wish there was a loan I could have done to try him out
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Even more Spaniards. The game is telling me something :joy:
    0fd7164132d76f4c1b6bef167e27eee6.jpg
  • Ugri
    7430 posts League Winner

Assume thats the untrdeable 50k pack. I also had a Spaniard as my best player, it was 82 rates Santi Cazorla :lol:
  • Cloudio7
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't even bother doing that sbc since my shocking pack luck this year. At least, i'm selling lot of silver and bronze lm/rm, lw/rw, rb and lb changed to rwb and lwb for mad prices. Just sold a silver argentinian rm for 8k lol.
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Ugri wrote: »

Assume thats the untrdeable 50k pack. I also had a Spaniard as my best player, it was 82 rates Santi Cazorla :lol:
    Yeh that headliners one. Thought why not seeing as I had everything already haha
    Not the worst pack, could have been worse
  • Ugri
    7430 posts League Winner
    84s and above highly inflated, take the profit guys! i have 3 pages of 85 to 91s, $$$$$
  • Finesse_4days
    8695 posts League Winner
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    I don't even bother doing that sbc since my shocking pack luck this year. At least, i'm selling lot of silver and bronze lm/rm, lw/rw, rb and lb changed to rwb and lwb for mad prices. Just sold a silver argentinian rm for 8k lol.

I have listed my silvers and bronzes now thanks for the heads up, could be worth opening bronze packs today then.
  • Cloudio7
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero

I have listed my silvers and bronzes now thanks for the heads up, could be worth opening bronze packs today then.

Glad to be helpful! Best seller today is Botta changed from rm to rw: his price is a constant rollercoaster and i'm buying him when he's 2k or less and selling at 7.5/8.5k. Easy coins with him.
  • PelzyWelzy
    First game since the patch just ended 6-6... at least 8 of those goals were utter BS, only saves either of our keepers made typically led to a goal. Even managed to take the lead on 90 mins only to concede straight from KO - me and oppo shared messages afterwards laughing at how bad it was.

Put RDR2 on instead :joy:
  • Addicksfan
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    Screenshot-2020-01-22-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site.jpg

Screenshot-2020-01-22-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site-2.jpg

Screenshot-2020-01-22-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site-3.jpg

Screenshot-2020-01-22-FUT-Web-App-EA-SPORTS-Official-Site-4.jpg

Here are the teams I'm running with.....

• Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Game is even more of a shambles with this patch
  • Addicksfan
    edited January 23

Totally agree, I was just getting used to the game and then this......

Do they even game test their patches?? Defending is awful, player switching is even worse...

I play on balance 5 width 4 depth and my fullbacks are always out of position, I'm continually countered down the flanks....this patch will force everyone to play Drop back 2 depth!!

EA seriously need to remove this from their game, it's there and it's obvious....had a game last night that I won 4-2 but the game was so blatantly trying to give this guys team a goal you knew when you were going to concede, no matter what I did apart from gettin gud, I was powerless to stop it....defenders not passing the ball where you aim but right to the attacker, scrambles in the box followed by me trying to press B to clear the ball for it to only drop to a player on the edge to score a weak foot top bins banger....
  • Cloudio7
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've just opened my G2 and D4 R1 rewards, Rebic and Leiva as my best picks, took untradeable paxks from DR and between them packs and the ones from wl i've not even had a ❤️❤️❤️❤️*ng board. Embarassing. Hope you'll have better luck than me.
  • Antparry92
    18622 posts World Class
    Addicksfan wrote: »

Totally agree, I was just getting used to the game and then this......

Do they even game test their patches?? Defending is awful, player switching is even worse...

I play on balance 5 width 4 depth and my fullbacks are always out of position, I'm continually countered down the flanks....this patch will force everyone to play Drop back 2 depth!!

EA seriously need to remove this from their game, it's there and it's obvious....had a game last night that I won 4-2 but the game was so blatantly trying to give this guys team a goal you knew when you were going to concede, no matter what I did apart from gettin gud, I was powerless to stop it....defenders not passing the ball where you aim but right to the attacker, scrambles in the box followed by me trying to press B to clear the ball for it to only drop to a player on the edge to score a weak foot top bins banger....

It’s gone back to Ultimate counter and spam skills team. The exit speed of skills is ridiculous. Shootings off balance is ridiculous, had some fella score with Rashford last night who was basically on the floor after being shoulder barged, hit the post and ended up going in.
  • Cloudio7
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apparently first time shooting is op again: yesterday night i've scored a few from outside the box and all of them went straight into the top corner.
  • Addicksfan
    Apparently first time shooting is op again: yesterday night i've scored a few from outside the box and all of them went straight into the top corner.

Yep, that and green timed finishing, which is back in a big way.....needed though to stop people playing Drop back 1 depth...but I feel that EA never get it right when trying to balance the game they never find the middle ground.