The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

The Semi-g00d FIFA 20 Experience (Group RTG n dat)

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    bought Toty Messi at 3.82mill, cant wait to use him as I have never owned a Toty or Tots messi.
  • Cloudio7
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 17
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    Ugri wrote: »
    Picked up a fresh mid Canna at 420k. Have him listed for 480k but if he doesent sell till tonight i will add him to the team.

Big meta attacker? Dalglish, Eusebio, Mbappe? Whos the best?

Eusebio is the best,Mbappe 2nd Dalglish 3rd all are very good though. I am tempted to buy Toty Messi as right of the start of the game that was the aim, now I can afford him not with a great team around him but with a useable one so I am tempted by him. I will have 600k +Oblak and 85 Rio around him so it wont be a crap team. Could also unlock Potm Suarez for chem.

I'd wait this evening's future stars promos to buy your team and you could save around 70/80k on the players you have in mind. Oblak, Rio and 600k are a good base to work with to build the team and buy 7 players or even less if you have some useable untradeable even from sbcs.

I have Futmas Witsel,Lenglet,RTFF Mbabu and Sterling untradeable who I could use as well. Plan was to see what the prices are when the promo is out and if I can afford a team I like I will buy if not one or 2 weeks more trading and then buy. Just want a fun team, and I cant imagine anything more fun than a Toty Messi to build around, 86 strength on him with 96 pace and 99 dribbling looks insane.

hM1Afix.png
    Something like this squad and switch to 4231 with Messi st, Suarez ccam, Hazard and Mertens wide cams? Used potm Suarez at cam and he's been amazing and pace not been an issue at all: just click to shoot and he scores.
  • Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    Picked up a fresh mid Canna at 420k. Have him listed for 480k but if he doesent sell till tonight i will add him to the team.

Eusebio is the best,Mbappe 2nd Dalglish 3rd all are very good though. I am tempted to buy Toty Messi as right of the start of the game that was the aim, now I can afford him not with a great team around him but with a useable one so I am tempted by him. I will have 600k +Oblak and 85 Rio around him so it wont be a crap team. Could also unlock Potm Suarez for chem.

I'd wait this evening's future stars promos to buy your team and you could save around 70/80k on the players you have in mind. Oblak, Rio and 600k are a good base to work with to build the team and buy 7 players or even less if you have some useable untradeable even from sbcs.

I have Futmas Witsel,Lenglet,RTFF Mbabu and Sterling untradeable who I could use as well. Plan was to see what the prices are when the promo is out and if I can afford a team I like I will buy if not one or 2 weeks more trading and then buy. Just want a fun team, and I cant imagine anything more fun than a Toty Messi to build around, 86 strength on him with 96 pace and 99 dribbling looks insane.

hM1Afix.png
    Something like this squad and switch to 4231 with Messi st, Suarez ccam, Hazard and Mertens wide cams? Used potm Suarez at cam and he's been amazing and pace not been an issue at all: just click to shoot and he scores.
    Thanks looks great, I will have more coins than anticipated after getting Messi at a good price probably around 750k, and I will play 442 in game mainly so Messi Left striker and I dont know about Suarez yet but on the whole that is very nice.
  • Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    87 Crespo and 88 Veron are also players I thought about linking Messi with.
  • Cloudio7
    Ok, so i'd go with Crespo over potm suarez as the partnership with messi up top is perfect (used nif Messi and base Crespo at the start of the game and the made killings); Hazard and Mertens on the wings would work perfecly.
  • RappSnitch
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    So I’m back on FIFA for a bit cause NBA 2K is kinda dry for content for a few weeks.

I gambled on 2 base icon packs and packed Best and Dalglish!!! Guess I know who to build around now. You guys got any striker and CAM suggestions that can round out my attack?

I like the look of that Scream Insigne and 89 Mertens, but open to suggestions. I can spend up to 2.5-3 mil. Any marquee players in that range that are a step above anyone else? I was looking at Drogba and Kaka but I don’t know now that I have Kenny and George.

91 Lothar Matthaus and 85 Blanc for midfield would provide a very strong core, go that and then Inform Mbappe in attack to complement what you have.

Lothar is very interesting. Have you tried 88 Seedorf as well? I’m debating between those 2.
  • Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    Ok, so i'd go with Crespo over potm suarez as the partnership with messi up top is perfect (used nif Messi and base Crespo at the start of the game and the made killings); Hazard and Mertens on the wings would work perfecly.

Cheers, Ill go for that I cant wait to try it.
  • Cloudio7

Cheers, Ill go for that I cant wait to try it.

My pleasure, mate, and hope the team will work well for you. But i have no doubt it will because you're such a good player.
  • Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    So I’m back on FIFA for a bit cause NBA 2K is kinda dry for content for a few weeks.

I gambled on 2 base icon packs and packed Best and Dalglish!!! Guess I know who to build around now. You guys got any striker and CAM suggestions that can round out my attack?

I like the look of that Scream Insigne and 89 Mertens, but open to suggestions. I can spend up to 2.5-3 mil. Any marquee players in that range that are a step above anyone else? I was looking at Drogba and Kaka but I don’t know now that I have Kenny and George.

91 Lothar Matthaus and 85 Blanc for midfield would provide a very strong core, go that and then Inform Mbappe in attack to complement what you have.

Lothar is very interesting. Have you tried 88 Seedorf as well? I’m debating between those 2.

Yes I have, very good passing, great strength and thunderous longshots but he is very much what I would call a system player. He is not great defensively at times and is not the ideal cam so he is best as a Cm in a 3 man midfield in a 442 say he is not great for his price. Lothar I havent used this year but with his combination of stats especially 87 pace and 89 defending I think he should be better than Seedorf as an all rounder.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    edited January 17
    Game 01 | 3 - 0 | W | Overall Record: 1-0 | Goal +/-: 3 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: First game felt good. Schar with a huge header off a Corner. . maybe my first all year. Delivered by TOTY Robertson. Hoping this becomes commonplace.
    Form: W
    STAT: Shots / Target (Saved by Opposing GK) / Pass %
    AWAY : 0 / 0 (0) / 72%
    HOME : 12 / 7 (6) / 90%

Possession: 65%
    Player - POS - Goals.Assists:
    Base Rush - ST - 0.02
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 2
    TOTY Robertson - LB - 0.01
    Moments Schar - RCB - 1

Streaming: www.mixer.com/Absting159
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    edited January 17
    Game 02 | 3 - 4 | L | Overall Record: 1-1 | Goal +/-: 2 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: I'm not quite sure how I lost this one. . .but he had a few decent goals. It wasn't a "Bad" game; I just defended poorly and probably gifted him 2 of them. That's on me, gotta be better in defense.
    Form: W / L
    AWAY : 7 / 7 (3) / 79%
    HOME : 11 / 8 (7) / 90%

Possession: 61%
    Base Rush - ST - 2
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 1
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 0.03

• Ugri
    7473 posts League Winner

I've used base and mid Dalglish and they're both unreal and great fun to play with. Totgs Mbappè is super fast, Can Chang direction in a blink of eye, but misses lots of easy chances. Eusebio is your man, but if you have already used him in previous fifas, i'd go with Dalglish.

I'm tempted to sell my base Cannavaro picked up for 620 and is going for more than 700 atm. Diego Carlos cb still do the job with Maldini on his side.

Thanks. Canna sold so 30k profit it is :smile:
  • Cloudio7
    Don't how it is possibile, but Cannavaro is one of my best seller and the one i've sold today has been the sixth i've flipped for at least 30k profit.
    Now i have 900k to improve the team and trade. Team is:
    Ter Stegen
    Semedo D. Carlos Maldini R. Carlos
    Moment B. Silva Blanc Kantè Neymar
    WBY Toty KDB.
    Since i came back to 442 i won 13, lost 2 and i'm once again near D2 in rivals. KDB as a st is immense: didn't expect him to make some perfect timed runs and he can score in every possible way.
    Next aim is to sell nif Kantè and buy one between Toty Frenkie and 91 Matthaus to partner Blanc.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 03 | 2 - 3 | L | Overall Record: 1-2 | Goal +/-: 1 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: Two in a row; I'm not sure I've ever lost to someone this poor at the actual game. 12 Saves by his ter Stegen. Cheat Code. I scored and went ahead and then my game went full on lag fest. He scored 2 headers that my defenders made no attempt to clear; I love how defenders become static when there is lag and there's nothing you can do. Very frustrating.
    Form: W / L / L
    AWAY : 12 / 7 (5) / 83%
    HOME : 16 / 14 (12) / 87%

Possession: 51%
    Base Rush - ST - 1
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 1
    EoE Villa - LCAM - 0.01
    TOTY Robertson - LB - 0.01

• Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 04 | 3 - 6 | L | Overall Record: 1-3 | Goal +/-: -2 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: Yeah, this one was just stupid. Bounces galore. Absolute nonsense. I couldn't get anything going.
    Form :W / L / L / L
    AWAY : 9 / 8 (3) / 87%
    HOME : 11 / 7 (5) / 83%

Possession: 44%
    Base Rush - ST - 1.02
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 1
    EoE Villa - LCAM - 1.01

• Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    First few games Messi has been unreal :) , last game it was bad gameplay and he still scored 2 goals to win me the game. his shooting is a joke and as for his dribbling well... never in any Fut have I seen anything like how he feels on the ball.
    I loved normal Messi but this Toty Messi makes his normal feel poor in comparison, he even out muscled Varane at one point, I went with Togs Mertens next to him as Crespo was inflated and it is perfect.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 05 | 5 - 2 | W | Overall Record: 2-3 | Goal +/-: 1 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: Defending is my kryptonite - I tackle and hit the ball but 90% of the time the attacker retains possession. The ONLY way I successfully tackle is with a slide. . .its so stupid. Both of his goals, I thought I had won the ball multiple times before he had a horrible shot go in. Stupid Stupidly rewarding poor play.
    Form: W / L / L / L / W
    AWAY : 5 / 4 (4) / 82%
    HOME : 17 / 13 (11) / 84%

Possession: 54%
    Base Rush - ST - 1
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 2.01
    EoE Villa - LCAM - 2.01
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 0.01
    Base Guardiola - LCDM - 0.01

• Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    @Finesse_4days He seems the perfect card, lol. I hope you have good connectivity so you can appreciate his awesomeness!!!
  • Finesse_4days
    9168 posts League Winner
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @Finesse_4days He seems the perfect card, lol. I hope you have good connectivity so you can appreciate his awesomeness!!!

Thanks man, In my last game he scored a hattrick in 35 minutes he is crazy ,it was in division 2 as well so it is not like I am playing bad players , the fact his dribbling and shooting is that good means even if people sit very deep he can still score. On the first page of this thread I said how he was my aim for the year, so happy I have got him becuase I can now just keep him and gradually build around him like a RTG, my team now as it is pretty good around him without being stacked, eventually I am hoping to have some quality icons around him after trading for a few months using the lazy buyer method which has been great for me as I have little time to trade this Fifa with Uni work but have still got more coins than any other Fifa.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 06 | 3 - 4 | L | Overall Record: 2-4 | Goal +/-: 0 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: I'm losing games I absolutely shouldn't be losing. Another one, this guys midfield was Vardy, King, and some other Striker.
    Form: L / L / L / W / L
    AWAY : 11 / 7 (6) / 80%
    HOME : 15 / 8 (5) / 84%

Possession: 49%
    Base Rush - ST - 1.01
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 1
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 0.01
    Sub - Paulinho - 1
    Sub - Osmineh - 0.01

• Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Guys, I need help. I honestly think I could be 6-0 right now and I'm sitting on 2-4.

My opponents aren't better than me they are just good players but I'm gifting goals. Two things are happening consistently that I don't know how to stop.
    1. I have a successful tackle where I should win the ball, attacker retains it and the go on and score.
    2. What's the trick to defending. I'm not lunging too much, I'm trying to time it... I just feel like I never actually win the ball unless I slide tackle.
  • Orison
    53097 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Guys, I need help. I honestly think I could be 6-0 right now and I'm sitting on 2-4.

My opponents aren't better than me they are just good players but I'm gifting goals. Two things are happening consistently that I don't know how to stop.
    1. I have a successful tackle where I should win the ball, attacker retains it and the go on and score.
    2. What's the trick to defending. I'm not lunging too much, I'm trying to time it... I just feel like I never actually win the ball unless I slide tackle.

L2 is the answer to everything in defense.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    @Orison Is that strafe/jockey? If so, I feel like the ball goes between my legs every time I'm in the right spot when I"m doing that. . .
  • Orison
    @Orison Is that strafe/jockey? If so, I feel like the ball goes between my legs every time I'm in the right spot when I"m doing that. . .

There is really no "when" for it, you just press it ALL the time when defending :D
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »

There is really no "when" for it, you just press it ALL the time when defending :D

Then I'm just bad at defending - because I do that ALL the time and constantly have the ball go between my legs.
  • Orison
    Orison wrote: »

Then I'm just bad at defending - because I do that ALL the time and constantly have the ball go between my legs.

Could always take a game of yours and upload it to youtube or so. Hate trying to skip through mixer past broadcasts.

But in general defending is super easy this year, probably the easiest it has ever been once you get the hang of it.
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    I'm Live streaming - please come give me pointers, LOL.

www.mixer.com/Absting159
  • Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 07 | 4 - 0 | W | Overall Record: 3-4 | Goal +/-: 4 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: RQ in the 30th. The guy I played is how I feel normally. . .geesh. Everytime I got the ball, 3 passes, goal. Feels bad, yo.
    Form: L / L / W / L / W
    Base Rush - ST - 1.01
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 1.02
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 2.01

• Absting159
    7481 posts Moderator
    Game 08 | 5 - 4 | W | Overall Record: 4-4 | Goal +/-: 5 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: I just don't know. I felt like he shouldn't have had 3 of his goals. Crazy angles, silly bounces. . .atleast this weekend league I'm scoring. That's my only solace right now.
    Form: L / W / L / W / W
    AWAY : 11 / 6 (2) / 86%
    HOME : 8 / 6 (4) / 86%

Possession: 52%
    Base Rush - ST - 1
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 3.01
    EoE Villa - LCAM - 0.03
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 1

• Orison
    Game 08 | 5 - 4 | W | Overall Record: 4-4 | Goal +/-: 5 | Formation: 4-2-3-1
    1UQD1oL.jpg

Notes: I just don't know. I felt like he shouldn't have had 3 of his goals. Crazy angles, silly bounces. . .atleast this weekend league I'm scoring. That's my only solace right now.
    Form: L / W / L / W / W
    AWAY : 11 / 6 (2) / 86%
    HOME : 8 / 6 (4) / 86%

Possession: 52%
    Base Rush - ST - 1
    Base Socrates - CCAM - 3.01
    EoE Villa - LCAM - 0.03
    Sonaldo - RCAM - 1

Player switching is a huge problem for you in defense it seems. Seen you refuse to switch players to the point of you running your CB into your CDM and both falling over :joy: