FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

  • GL
    13505 posts Has That Special Something
    Happy July brother @Orison
  • Orison
    58243 posts National Treasure
    GL wrote: »
    Happy July brother @Orison

    You forget I live in the future. Already 1 hour into July and chill @GL
  • Muzza11
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 1
    TOTS CR7 or WBY??

    Obviously may be a bit biased but CR7 no question.

    WBY is far too weak, he got pushed off the ball more times than not. He also has bad longshots and for my play style. You have to be able to hit shots from just inside the box. They were either saved or wide.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26822 posts Player of the Year
    edited July 1
    Orison wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Happy July brother @Orison

    You forget I live in the future. Already 1 hour into July and chill @GL

    What's it like in July, lads?
  • Maverick
    7517 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Happy July brother @Orison

    You forget I live in the future. Already 1 hour into July and chill @GL

    What's it like in July, lads?

    Spuds miss out on Top 4
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26822 posts Player of the Year
    Maverick wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Happy July brother @Orison

    You forget I live in the future. Already 1 hour into July and chill @GL

    What's it like in July, lads?

    Spuds miss out on Top 4

    You still in June calma
  • ComptonLAX94
    3101 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 1
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    TOTS CR7 or WBY??

    Obviously may be a bit biased but CR7 no question.

    WBY is far too weak, he got pushed off the ball more times than not. He also has bad longshots and for my play style. You have to be able to hit shots from just inside the box. They were either saved or wide.

    Cheers mate, tryna fit him in on 10 chem with Neymar, Mbappe and max in the team without having to buy serie a defenders it's been an absolute nightmare but found a solution. Pray Matuidi isn't a fraud.
  • GL
    13505 posts Has That Special Something
    Man said Matuidi 😭😫
  • ComptonLAX94
    3101 posts National Call-Up
    GL wrote: »
    Man said Matuidi 😭😫

    SL Matuidi or 7 chem.
  • sofyanm
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    TOTS CR7 or WBY??

    Obviously may be a bit biased but CR7 no question.

    WBY is far too weak, he got pushed off the ball more times than not. He also has bad longshots and for my play style. You have to be able to hit shots from just inside the box. They were either saved or wide.

    Cheers mate, tryna fit him in on 10 chem with Neymar, Mbappe and max in the team without having to buy serie a defenders it's been an absolute nightmare but found a solution. Pray Matuidi isn't a fraud.

    What's the team?
    Let me help you, can't accept a Matuidi in July :joy:
  • ComptonLAX94
    3101 posts National Call-Up
    sofyanm wrote: »
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    TOTS CR7 or WBY??

    Obviously may be a bit biased but CR7 no question.

    WBY is far too weak, he got pushed off the ball more times than not. He also has bad longshots and for my play style. You have to be able to hit shots from just inside the box. They were either saved or wide.

    Cheers mate, tryna fit him in on 10 chem with Neymar, Mbappe and max in the team without having to buy serie a defenders it's been an absolute nightmare but found a solution. Pray Matuidi isn't a fraud.

    What's the team?
    Let me help you, can't accept a Matuidi in July :joy:
    scpEOYA.jpg

  • GL
    13505 posts Has That Special Something
    GL wrote: »
    Man said Matuidi 😭😫

    SL Matuidi or 7 chem.

    Rather 7/8 chem Ronaldo than use Matuidi
  • Finesse_4days
    12420 posts Has That Special Something
    I would get rid of Militao buy an icon CB, get Cuadrado RB who is quality and link him to CR7 in whatever formation works best for chem.
  • ComptonLAX94
    3101 posts National Call-Up
    I would get rid of Militao buy an icon CB, get Cuadrado RB who is quality and link him to CR7 in whatever formation works best for chem.

    Guess I could sub off Matuidi for de jong/Allan and end my problems :D
  • Orison
    58243 posts National Treasure
    GL wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Man said Matuidi 😭😫

    SL Matuidi or 7 chem.

    Rather 7/8 chem Ronaldo than use Matuidi

    Easily.
  • ComptonLAX94
    3101 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 1
    Rassists Everywhere :trollface:
  • sofyanm
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah CR7 on 8 and Modric / Carvajal instead of Matuidi Lala
  • Roc_Xel
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Muzza11

    So tried a bit 4312 last night instead of 41212(2), as I was playing 4312 all of last year, and found it real fun. Played 5 won 5 in Rivals, which does not happen every day.

    In 41212(2) I had all 3 midfielders on Cover center, as the CDM was behind the two CM's and I found them more balanced and present in a more central role (as the two CM's kept slightly on the side anyway).

    Having a third CM in between both now with 4312, I tried to keep the central one on cover center and leave the others on balanced, including cover wings. It seems better, like way better.

    They were very, very involved. They are always involved offensively, as I have two very offensive side CM's (PIM ZZ and Atal) but found them more present in the back too.

    This is especially true imo since I like to have my FB's on join the attack (with the CT, not pre-game, but I do it from min 1 of the match to open the wings), and the CM's with cover the wing really covered for the FB's when it was necessary, felt really nice. Had always one or the other on the side when defending.

    Also, despite the cover the wing instruction (default one) they still were kind of in a central role when attacking which is what I love. Feels like I get only the good side of it, i.e. them covering on the sides when needed defensively, yet coming more centrally when attacking to overload the center and give plenty of options.

    Thus, due to them covering, they felt more present in defense than with 41212(2), yet still as present offensively. I still refuse to have them on come back on defense as this likely WILL undermine their offensive returns (may try it one day) but as of now it seems really balanced.

    Have you played with instructions and tried both cover wings and center for your L and R CM ?
  • Maverick
    7517 posts League Winner
    edited July 1
    3 day weekend with a couple of small picnics to attend, but might register for WL after a 2 weekend hiatus.
  • killer xavi
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    @GL did you test that Fabinho at CB?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26822 posts Player of the Year
    Maverick wrote: »
    3 day weekend with a couple of small picnics to attend, but might register for WL after a 2 weekend hiatus.

    This will be weekend 2 into my hiatus. FOMO has subsided.
  • Wattagunt
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    @Muzza11

    So tried a bit 4312 last night instead of 41212(2), as I was playing 4312 all of last year, and found it real fun. Played 5 won 5 in Rivals, which does not happen every day.

    In 41212(2) I had all 3 midfielders on Cover center, as the CDM was behind the two CM's and I found them more balanced and present in a more central role (as the two CM's kept slightly on the side anyway).

    Having a third CM in between both now with 4312, I tried to keep the central one on cover center and leave the others on balanced, including cover wings. It seems better, like way better.

    They were very, very involved. They are always involved offensively, as I have two very offensive side CM's (PIM ZZ and Atal) but found them more present in the back too.

    This is especially true imo since I like to have my FB's on join the attack (with the CT, not pre-game, but I do it from min 1 of the match to open the wings), and the CM's with cover the wing really covered for the FB's when it was necessary, felt really nice. Had always one or the other on the side when defending.

    Also, despite the cover the wing instruction (default one) they still were kind of in a central role when attacking which is what I love. Feels like I get only the good side of it, i.e. them covering on the sides when needed defensively, yet coming more centrally when attacking to overload the center and give plenty of options.

    Thus, due to them covering, they felt more present in defense than with 41212(2), yet still as present offensively. I still refuse to have them on come back on defense as this likely WILL undermine their offensive returns (may try it one day) but as of now it seems really balanced.

    Have you played with instructions and tried both cover wings and center for your L and R CM ?

    What tactics you got? Understand no tactics work for everyone but I can never get narrow formation going
  • Maverick
    7517 posts League Winner
    Maverick wrote: »
    3 day weekend with a couple of small picnics to attend, but might register for WL after a 2 weekend hiatus.

    This will be weekend 2 into my hiatus. FOMO has subsided.

    Cold turkey phase complete
  • MikeyP_FC
    14471 posts Has That Special Something
    This will be my second weekend off too. But I am still playing rivals for the objective players.
  • GL
    13505 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 1
    Might sell CR7, shove Eusebio out wide and upgrade POTM Neymar to TOTS to play with R9
    @GL did you test that Fabinho at CB?

    nope
  • GL
    13505 posts Has That Special Something
    Ethan vs Megabit
  • killer xavi
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    Tom just slapped Diogo bruh :D 7-1
  • Orison
    58243 posts National Treasure
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    8c479494471d7fe20505ec682aecc535.png
    Tekkz's Summer Series team

    That’s a free win for @Orison right there

    @GL @MikeyP_FC for the record Tekkz played 2 BO3s, he lost 6-1 and 7-3.

    If you want tips on players, hmu
  • sofyanm
    5346 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 1
    Orison wrote: »
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    8c479494471d7fe20505ec682aecc535.png
    Tekkz's Summer Series team

    That’s a free win for @Orison right there

    @GL @MikeyP_FC for the record Tekkz played 2 BO3s, he lost 6-1 and 7-3.

    If you want tips on players, hmu
    What were the other guys’ teams?
  • Orison
    58243 posts National Treasure
    edited July 1
    sofyanm wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    8c479494471d7fe20505ec682aecc535.png
    Tekkz's Summer Series team

    That’s a free win for @Orison right there

    @GL @MikeyP_FC for the record Tekkz played 2 BO3s, he lost 6-1 and 7-3.

    If you want tips on players, hmu
    What were the other guys’ teams?

    @sofyanm



    Tekkz sacrificed half his defense by using Ramos and TAA
Sign In or Register to comment.