FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

• RoosGianni
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 30
    14-0. Added 2 5* skillers to the team and I can beat people way easier like before.

Ronaldinho and Sancho are crazy good. Need to put R90 in an SBC and replace him with someone like Butragueño or Cruyff. He feels awful and doesn’t have a left foot.

Also tried Saint Maximin for a few games and he’s a fraud. His shot is awful. Gold Neymar is loads better.
  • ComptonLAX94
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got completely ruined by 89 Eusebio(scored all 4 of my opponents goals) luckily won on Pens.

Finished 20-5.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15915 posts World Class
    16-1 >20-8,

4312 is great against the 4231 sheep who aren't very good at defending, but anyone decent and I lose.
  • Finesse_4days
    9694 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    Out of interest do most people still use timed finishing regularly? I use it quite abit and find it helpful. Also people in GD were claiming Opara was the best cb in the game, I dont believe that but does he play like a top tier defender?

Never

And probably yes, nothing is suggesting that he doesn't and I don't believe in fake stats.

How come? Its 100%more effective on 50/50 shots,volleys and if you shoot with someone who doesnt have great shooting. With finesse shots outside the box its screwed up at times though.
  • Primal
    5704 posts Big Money Move
    24-2 and I’m 2-1 against someone who’s had 1 shot all game. The game freezes and I get kicked from the match without a win or a loss , no dc either .

I give up with this game it’s a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ take
  • Primal
    Doesn’t even say match under review ffks
  • Finesse_4days
    9694 posts League Winner
    16-1 >20-8,

4312 is great against the 4231 sheep who aren't very good at defending, but anyone decent and I lose.

Its very easily exposed by 442 or a 433 because it plays so narrow. Why I could never use it even though it gives you 2 strikers and a cam.
  • ha032742
    37476 posts Moderator
    Primal wrote: »
    Make that 5 another quit at loading screen. Im done

I had 7 quit in total this WL either at the team load up screen or at kick off...my players’ records are always terrible as a result :#
  • Orison
    53963 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Out of interest do most people still use timed finishing regularly? I use it quite abit and find it helpful. Also people in GD were claiming Opara was the best cb in the game, I dont believe that but does he play like a top tier defender?

Never

And probably yes, nothing is suggesting that he doesn't and I don't believe in fake stats.

How come? Its 100%more effective on 50/50 shots,volleys and if you shoot with someone who doesnt have great shooting. With finesse shots outside the box its screwed up at times though.

The risk to reward ratio just isn't there. My strikers take like 90% of my shots atleast, feel free to look up birthday Mbappe's and Griezmann's shooting stats. I also never shoot from outside the box basically, maybe once every other game if I have all the space in the world. The shots I take are usually high % ones that should go in anyways so I don't want to risk ruining them and the only volleys I take on a regular basis are the glitched ones from lobbed passes that also go in more often than they should :D

Pens and free kicks are the only situations in which timed finishing can make sense imo, otherwise it's just not worth it as the chances you take are too good to potentially ruin them with the low chance of successfully hitting it green.
  • Primal
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Make that 5 another quit at loading screen. Im done

I had 7 quit in total this WL either at the team load up screen or at kick off...my players’ records are always terrible as a result :#

Yeh I’m well annoyed , can’t believe this weekend, I can’t believe I just got kicked from a match I was winning which will cost me elite 1 aswell as all the other people quoting at 0-0,
  • Primal
    Well that should of been elite 1 comfortably but those 0-0 quiters and the dc when winning took its toll, also 2 pen losses in games I battered people .
  • killer xavi
    3292 posts National Call-Up
    Well that should of been elite 1 comfortably but those 0-0 quiters and the dc when winning took its toll, also 2 pen losses in games I battered people .

You and me Primal...you and me😢

We bottled Elite 1
  • Primal

You and me Primal...you and me😢

We bottled Elite 1

Can’t even say I bottled it, I got kicked when winning 2-1 in the 80th min :'(

Was my first full weekend in 3 weeks, I’m hoping next years better, I just want a fast paced skilled based fun game . Although the mechanics arnt as bad as 19s the gameplays so much more boring. I miss 17/18 didn’t think we were too far away , I don’t know what’s happened since 🤣
  • GL
    11016 posts Has That Special Something
    Did anyone try Ogbonna this weekend?
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner
    edited March 31
    Vinicius 85 better at wide cam or as 1 of 2 Strikers? Chemstyle?
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner
    GL wrote: »
    Did anyone try Ogbonna this weekend?

Played against him, baby dalglish turned him inside out every time.
  • ContraCode64
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    15-5. Not a great week, but looks like I'll call it at G3. I don't think I've had a WL where so many games just felt predominantly random. Random shooting, random passing, players not locking on to the ball, rebound after rebound, etc. Just a truly awful game in terms of being competitive - I genuinely feel sorry for the pros having to play this RNG based mess with money on the line.

Might overhaul my team depending on who makes the Bday 2nd team. Then again looking at the reviews from this first batch, it's probably better to stay (relatively) liquid.
  • Chappy
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    Worst FIFA game I’ve ever played.

BE9-F9-CB3-89-E3-46-DE-BD91-CBF293-AF4-C66.jpg
  • GeTRiGhT
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 31
    Tired of playing without a top tier attacker. Been trying to trade. Played two weeks of just my untradeable team and it's not been fun.
  • BaseCamp
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ended on 28. 112 monthly. Lost twice in a row at 19-0 to moderate players. The first one my R9 fell asleep was shooting at the post. The second game I lost of those I got outplayed but was on tilt from the first one.

Had really generous matchmaking this weekend too compared to last weekend.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13991 posts Has That Special Something
    112 for the month is good stuff @BaseCamp

I‘m old enough to remember when that mattered for monthlies!
  • MikeyP_FC
    13991 posts Has That Special Something
    I get so petty at the end of WL when people try to make me quit. Went down a quick 0-1, he shushed, watched it all and then he paused. Guy was terrible. Somehow he scored a second. 0-2. I brought it back even, LB+RB after both my goals, then unleashed the shh + double pause when I went up 3-2. I’m a child and I’m proud :D

I would’ve just quit at 0-1 if he skipped. Can’t reward that behavior.
  • Olleman
    13867 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 31
    Olleman wrote: »
    Would you guys say it's a good plan just bringing in NIF Messi, Neymar and Mbappe at this stage of the game for CCAM/RCAM/LCAM for the base and then buy a Icon st for around the 700-800k mark? :)

Absolutely not.

Neymar still holds up although his strength, stamina and shotpower are really starting to show. Mbappe maybe holds up somewhat (but more so at RM/LM than further forward). Messi was done for in December already.

And don't get me started on cheap icon attackers (apart from Zola or moments Laudrup who would somewhat hold up at LM/RM for 50-60mins).

Oh haha. How about NIF CR7 on 7 chem with them? :sweat_smile: Better to spend 1M/each on 1 St and 1 CCAM then you think? :) This is my current team (just sold Stoich and sitting on 1.8) all untradable. By looking at it I would think the NIF's mentioned would be a big aprovement and ANY St would be better than Crespo :joy:@Orison aa382c1ebc838188a011afe088c9ffd2.jpg
    Post edited by Olleman on
  • number7rocky
    5624 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 31
    I lost my final game for Elite 1 😔 Considering my other 3 losses and how I played overall feel I deserved it, not that I'm an elite 1 player.

Tbh it was a miracle I got so close when I was so tired, Mbappe was really clutching up and I was playing really well somehow.

Started on top aswell then I'm 0-3 down in 30 mins from 3 shots. Got a goal back then it was 1-4 after half time from his 4th. Every shot was a goal for him, including one first time shot outside the box that would make you think your playing fifa 19.

Never expect to get elite 1 but to get so close is a bit gutting, especially since my keeper felt like he wasn't allowed to make a save. Game was very even dispite the score, head sank after the 4th as that was game over.

Only time Il get close to elite 1 this year 😂
  • number7rocky
    5624 posts Big Money Move
    This was the team, tbf Yashin is alot better than Toty Alisson despite the one big error in my 3rd loss and the final game not making a single save.

Ryan Kent on for the silver of course 😉 I'm poor after buying Mbappe

462ee2fff5ec5128880b058ca4d4f121.jpg
  • Campino
    29163 posts Player of the Year
    This was the team, tbf Yashin is alot better than Toty Alisson despite the one big error in my 3rd loss and the final game not making a single save.

You sub on Ryan Kent in that team with that bench?
  • FrankFrank
    3064 posts National Call-Up
    16-1 >20-8,

And I thought I won 'bottle of the year' after going 15-1 -> 20-8 :joy:
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    4096 posts National Call-Up

Big Y I K E S
  • BaseCamp
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    @number7rocky gotta say I'm super confused about your set up there. A sniper on TAA and he plays CB? I'd think Anchor makes quite a bit more sense with him as hes not particularly big or strong. I also think playing him at CB is a bit dubious and if I'm wrong and you are playing Prime Zanetti at CB thats fine in draft but against TOTY Ronaldo and crew in the big games you are going to get exposed on headers.

seems to me it might make sense to ditch the kante toty, toty taa and prime yashin and get 90 Gullit if you can swing it. Way too many redundant / similar players on that bench or splurge for a high end cCAM like 94 Cruyff, TOTY Messi, HL Neymar.

Yashin sucks. If your going to spend a ton of coins on your goalkeeper get TOTY Alisson because of his speed he can fly out of the net.

I mean you even have a RED Yedder it looks like on your reserves. Im assuming you play 4231 or 442.

The only really important positions in those formations are the 2 CDMs/CM's and the cCAM /ST or 2 Strikers. The wingers don't really require a lot beyond pace, skills are nice and jumping is really nice for the over the top through balls.

Your CMs are super defensive in Kante and Essien. Would make it really hard to generate sufficient offence against good players. (Hence why most people this year go for 2 CDMs that bring offence to the table in Gullit / De Jong or atleast 1 of them being offensive.

The Kante is far better than the Essien but I assume the Essien is untradeable.

Congrats on 26 though and if you can get 26 no reason you cant win 27 another week.
  • Unparalleled
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That team is all wrong.