The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    8705 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    So happy with how I’ve been playing this year. The fact that I can even get to plus 15 form B)

Been suffering the last few years :/

You've been suffering when the game actually took skill to reach +15 form :trollface:

17 was a write off. I had stupid delay always.

18, no excuses really. I had a beast team it just didn’t click. I liked the game.

19. Worst FIFA ever. I’m proud I didn’t try and get gud at that mess.

16. Pre weekend league but I was very very solid at it. 3 or 4 to 1 win loss.

3 or 4 win to a loss is better than most players but it doesn't equate to elite unless you were playing a lot of friendlies against good players, elite players typically on old Fifas would have got records closer to 10 -1 or higher as back in the day before rivals the people good enough for elite would stroll through Div 1 and make it look like semi-pro difficulty squad battles. I have never been one of those players, always above average never that great though, this year I might get elite becuase there is less of a skill gap and it is easier to get lucky with how finishing is.
  • Orison
    51979 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    So happy with how I’ve been playing this year. The fact that I can even get to plus 15 form B)

Been suffering the last few years :/

You've been suffering when the game actually took skill to reach +15 form :trollface:

17 was a write off. I had stupid delay always.

18, no excuses really. I had a beast team it just didn’t click. I liked the game.

19. Worst FIFA ever. I’m proud I didn’t try and get gud at that mess.

16. Pre weekend league but I was very very solid at it. 3 or 4 to 1 win loss.

Just mocking you pal. Happy for you to have a Fifa that you can enjoy and have success in.

But for me personally this is the easiest Fifa of all time. The skillgap between Gold 1, Elite and top 100 is even smaller than last year. As a football simulator it's miles ahead of 19, as an entertainment product it's worse than 19 for me. The game is just fundamentally boring.

I just played some Leslie Winkle guy (can look him up on futwiz), the game ended 1-0 to me. I scored early on, then spend 60mins trying to break through his wall of 10 men and then spent another 20mins basically wasting time, because despite being down he made no attempt to go attacking. And that's how games between Elite players look like. There is no excitement, whoever scores first usually wins like 9/10 times.
  • Pugzilla
    17168 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    Personally think 19 had the smallest skill gap. People just launching first time shots for buckets. You didn’t even have to mess up on defense and it was already over. Like I said I chose to not form my game to that stupid meta and it’s helped me this year I feel as my build up is varied and gets me more goals.

Bateson going multiple 30’s for example kinda points to that.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8642 posts League Winner
    FIFA 17/18 Pugzilla :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Orison
    Personally think 19 had the smallest skill gap. People just launching first time shots for buckets. You didn’t even have to mess up on defense and it was already over. Like I said I chose to not form my game to that stupid meta and it’s helped me this year I feel as my build up is varied and gets me more goals.

Bateson going multiple 30’s for example kinda points to that.

Pay2win was a much bigger issue in 19. Once people caught up Bateson went down to an Elite 3/Gold 1 player. This year he got the team advantage and still gets Elite 3 only.

I play to the meta every year and between good players the skillgap was bigger last year imo. Everyone was doing the volleys, then people moved the keeper to stop the shots, then you might have gone near post and so on.

This year defending is so incredibly easy that good players basically nullify each other. There is nothing happening when both players drop back with 10 men and can defend perfectly. Fifa 20 is almost 19 without the distance shooting meta.
  • sturges12345
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    Ter stegen has to best fifa keeper of all time. It’s insane
  • Pugzilla
    17168 posts World Class
    edited December 2019

Was it 17 or 18 you paid to subscribe to my Twitch? Then I banned you and you got into your feelings and now we are enemies I guess. Hope you succeed in going pro, the window of opportunity is closing though, already one set of events you didn’t even get near to qualify for has passed.
  • GL
    8856 posts League Winner
    🐸☕️
  • DarthGrowler
    15367 posts World Class

Was it 17 or 18 you paid to subscribe to my Twitch? Then I banned you and you got into your feelings and now we are enemies I guess. Hope you succeed in going pro, the window of opportunity is closing though, already one set of events you didn’t even get near to qualify for has passed.

Wow. Shots fired
  • Orison

Damn, didn't even know you were a member of the banned club too @Agent Murhawk :trollface:
  • Agent Murhawk
    8642 posts League Winner

I wish I could respond but I know you’ll just going running to the mods again to get me banned :lol:

Good thing my life does not depend one bit on how
    good or bad I am at FIFA. Still been to more events than you have 😘.

How did your Minnesota FC eSports venture go?
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14907 posts World Class
    On 99 champs wins and didn't even qualify this wkend.

50k pack will wait :#
  • GL
    8856 posts League Winner
    We're in the wars boys.

Got the "cube ball when dribbling and passing" / "pitch turns into an ice hockey rink whilst jockeying" gameplay today
  • Orison
    GL wrote: »
    We're in the wars boys.

Got the "cube ball when dribbling and passing" / "pitch turns into an ice hockey rink whilst jockeying" gameplay today

@GL hope you are really telling them in the survey :trollface:

Tbf gameplay was ok-ish today. Not amazing, but I could turn and most skills were accepted so I put in acceptable everytime.
  • GL
    8856 posts League Winner
    We're in the wars boys.

Tbf gameplay was ok-ish today. Not amazing, but I could turn and most skills were accepted so I put in acceptable everytime.

You and those German servers :trollface:

No wonder why you can turn with Neymurr THANK YOU SO MUCH EA
  • Tsarov
    4611 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2019
    I am not telling much about FIFA 20 gameplay simply because this generation is done.

I am really, really interested what they would be able to offer in FIFA 21, which most likely will be released on new gens during the next winter. FIFA 14 which was also the first FIFA on current gen was really, really decent except insane heading meta.

I really enjoyed this game.
  • Orison
    We're in the wars boys.

You and those German servers :trollface:

No wonder why you can turn with Neymurr THANK YOU SO MUCH EA

Love me some server advantage.
  • Littleland95
    17331 posts Moderator
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Ter Stegen is a freak

Freaking bad yes.

Shots straight at him he dives away to avoid saving the shot.
  • Cadey 5
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    I have been G1 every week but the last two weeks it's like i am playing a different game passes are delayed so bad i can't break down the walls and i concede things like this :)

ImpassionedFortunateAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif
  • hoban95
    50994 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Got left off work early so thought maybe i'd go for G3 seeing i had some time. Won the first game and then lost the next 3. Not good boys. :(
  • Thefranchise92
    4201 posts National Call-Up
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    I have been G1 every week but the last two weeks it's like i am playing a different game passes are delayed so bad i can't break down the walls and i concede things like this :)

ImpassionedFortunateAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Surely the guy that blasts it in is offside at the time of the first shot
  • azza452
    1367 posts Professional
    I don't usually experience much button delay but this week as been terrible.

I was thinking I'm just playing bad but it's obvious your opponent has an advantage when all your players feel like their wearing steel boots.

• Muzza11
    9297 posts Has That Special Something
    20-2 and stopping, ofc there’s only one real winner here,

B67-D130-B-C23-B-4918-A46-E-C75041-E8-A8-AE.jpg
  • hoban95
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Where you play him?
  • Scutch
    12892 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s so bad. I put it on coz I didn’t want to play rivals this week to qualify. Needed 2 wins to get to 14 with 13 games to get it. Won 1 then lost 9 in a row and won with 2 games left to get 14.

I’m so ill though. Headache, sickness and diarrhoea all day.

Some of the teams beating me were horrendous. I was so stressed.
  • Campino
    28036 posts Player of the Year
    Scutch wrote: »
    It’s so bad. I put it on coz I didn’t want to play rivals this week to qualify. Needed 2 wins to get to 14 with 13 games to get it. Won 1 then lost 9 in a row and won with 2 games left to get 14.

I’m so ill though. Headache, sickness and diarrhoea all day.

Some of the teams beating me were horrendous. I was so stressed.

Why get stressed over Fifa

Loads of stuff that’s constantly out your control it’s pointless
  • Muzza11
    9297 posts Has That Special Something
    hoban95 wrote: »

Where you play him?

CAM in a 4312, he makes the best runs from that position and can thread through a through ball so easy with his amazing passing.
  • Dodds
    8561 posts League Winner
    Finished 20-7, really want to go for Elite but I really can’t be bothered to play anymore today!
  • hoban95
    Now that’s the 4th loss in a row ffs. I can’t be arsed.
  • hoban95
    hoban95 wrote: »

Where you play him?

CAM in a 4312, he makes the best runs from that position and can thread through a through ball so easy with his amazing passing.

Nice