The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

• Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Had a 0-3 comeback to win 4-3 AET :)

• Tsarov
    4962 posts Big Money Move
    First WL in a few weeks due to amount of work. I have started really bad yesterday (6-4). The worst start since FIFA 17 maybe? Today 8 wins in a row and already secured G3. 12 more games. I will probably stop at G2.

TOTT Son is a god tier striker.
  • Tsarov
    17-6. I should stop there, but G1 seems interesting.
  • Orison
    52981 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited December 2019
    One of the few positives of Fifa 20 is the god awful AI so pay2win looks like this these days lol (yes he conceded, gif just cut out)
    a5cba94d0550522b70d2d0bf9117fd40.gif
  • Castonnn
    693 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2019
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/caston/gif/EnlightenedMajorHagfish

So done with this game. Was planning to stop on 20 wins but with stuff like this happening I can't be bothered. The kid who I was playing was terrible too
  • Maverick
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Nvm about elite, forgot I sucked this year
  • Maverick
    10-1 to 10-5 #goat
  • Orison
    We are back at it again with surveys for gameplay responsiveness after every game.

So I guess they changed something server side :#
  • EddieFicio
    22370 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    @GL Johnathan is so incredibly stiff I have no idea what to do with him. Subbing him off at HT every game

He cant turn at all
  • GeTRiGhT
    10288 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    @GL Johnathan is so incredibly stiff I have no idea what to do with him. Subbing him off at HT every game

He cant turn at all

He is no Ney Ney but he turns fine in the box for me. You and @Orison are so much better than me Itho and you have tried the top tier players so it's no surprise you don't like a budget guy
  • ha032742
    36399 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019

He cant turn at all

Went into a SBC for me...4k saved.
  • Orison

He cant turn at all

It's insane how stiff he is.

Also proper post merchant
  • I think I beat Orision 5-1 the other day. Close game.
  • Orison
    I think I beat Orision 5-1 the other day. Close game.

Sure Daiv
  • Paciga45
    3832 posts National Call-Up
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »

He cant turn at all

He is no Ney Ney but he turns fine in the box for me. You and @Orison are so much better than me Itho and you have tried the top tier players so it's no surprise you don't like a budget guy

Eder is the better choice
  • Orison
    edited December 2019
    17-2 as every week basically. If I continued I would now match 1-2 pros and take 2 Ls before getting through all the way to 23-4, also same story as every week except for one :#

OTW Ndombele, UCL Gomez and Johnathan are the biggest weaknesses in my team.

Couldn't force in Ter Stegen somehow so went with Lloris and he was pretty decent. Defo the best PL keeper choice for me.
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    +15 form is where the freaks are tbh. Got to 18-3 this weekend and lost my next 3 lel
  • Orison
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    +15 form is where the freaks are tbh. Got to 18-3 this weekend and lost my next 3 lel

Yeah, but usually EA is also nice in atleast one of the last 3-5 games and gives you someone on like 17-12 while you are 24-4 or so lol.
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    So happy with how I’ve been playing this year. The fact that I can even get to plus 15 form B)

Been suffering the last few years :/
  • WFCBagnall
    75618 posts Moderator
    Ter Stegen is a freak
  • hoban95
    51752 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Ter Stegen is a freak

He’s so good for my opponents and gash for me :disappointed:
  • Maverick
    Ter Stegen is a freak

Except the one I own.
  • I hate Militao. Tried to use him this weekend and he's such a downgrade from Manolas.
  • McRaven
    5387 posts Big Money Move
    The game is so boring. Everybody plays like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and EA actually rewards them.

This is every opponent I face:

Defending: drop back and set everybody on come back to defend.

Attacking: Jog in front of the box like an idiot spamming drag backs and keeping possession with the crab walking.
  • Tsarov
    McRaven wrote: »
    The game is so boring. Everybody plays like a **** and EA actually rewards them.

Attacking: Jog in front of the box like an idiot spamming drag backs and keeping possession with the crab walking.

That is exactly why I am rarely playing beyond G3. Even today with 17-6 record I cannot force myself to play this game more.
  • McRaven
    5387 posts Big Money Move
    Tsarov wrote: »
    The game is so boring. Everybody plays like a **** and EA actually rewards them.

That is exactly why I am rarely playing beyond G3. Even today with 17-6 record I cannot force myself to play this game more.

It's gotten so bad. Even when I win it's boring. It's me shooting 10-15 times a game trying to get through the block shots and them just running down the wing, pass and goal :joy:
  • Orison
    So happy with how I’ve been playing this year. The fact that I can even get to plus 15 form B)

You've been suffering when the game actually took skill to reach +15 form :trollface:
  • ColeWorld
    11340 posts Has That Special Something

There's a reason why pros like latka or moauba complain about it since release and EA doesn't give a f
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class

You've been suffering when the game actually took skill to reach +15 form :trollface:

17 was a write off. I had stupid delay always.

18, no excuses really. I had a beast team it just didn’t click. I liked the game.

19. Worst FIFA ever. I’m proud I didn’t try and get gud at that mess.

16. Pre weekend league but I was very very solid at it. 3 or 4 to 1 win loss.

• Finesse_4days
    9111 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    Ter Stegen is a freak

Dalglish mugs him every time, everyone with Ter Stegen seems to like a good keeper charge all you have to do is ball roll at the right time then the keeper is on their arse and you have an easy goal, one of the best aspects of this game is you can round keepers, if you couldn't the game would be unplayable with how finishing is. Hes a great keeper though, wouldn't say he is any better than someone like Neuer he is abit of a myth tbh abit like Bakayoko and Jack Butland on Fifa 18, becuase hes good but not immune from errors.