FUT Champions Weekend League Thread

Comments

• Roc_Xel
    1473 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 7
    Credit where it's due, @Orison , TOTS Ben Yedder is the best striker of the game bar the two PIM's (remember you still have to change your mind on PIM Eusebio though).

He's absolutely insane. Has 2 G+A ratio on 37 games for me (73). Never had that before with any striker since the start of the game.

Can't even pinpoint exactly what makes him SO good, but I'd say first and foremost his positioning. Since using PIM ZZ I've come to the conclusion that workrates sometimes just mean nothing, as he's clearly THE CM of the game who makes the more runs forward, and the deepest ones too (often even above my 2 ST's), despite being MM. Well Ben Yedder is HH yet he feels as well positioned as ever.

He has a 2 G+A ratio despite playing in a 2 st formation AND being the one not on run in behind. He's absolutely amazing. Wished I had tried him earlier. He's the only player whose finesse shots feel like power shots.
  • WFCBagnall
    79654 posts Moderator
    Another WL added for next week :D
  • Maverick
    7184 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Another WL added for next week :D

We go again
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    You animals still playing this 🤣🤣
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    Good to see you @Pauldejong6
  • Maverick
    Might do one last WL with my loan players and see how that goes :D the likes of Cruyff, Eusebio, CR7, etc. Wonder how many times I'll get quit on to waste my # of loans and to "teach me a lesson"
  • WFCBagnall
    79654 posts Moderator
    Maverick wrote: »
    Might do one last WL with my loan players

Krystal-is-annoying-on-group-date.gif
  • Finesse_4days
    10661 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 11
    12-5 and can't see myself playing more today, that puts me 27th in the world :D.
    I was 4 - 0 then 4 - 3 after some shocking performances and trying out stuff that didn't work like 3142, switched to a 4222 with Zanetti and Toty Kante two CDMs and have gone 8-2 since but really should have won every match. Will try for 20 wins tomorrow.
  • Maverick
    Maverick wrote: »
    Might do one last WL with my loan players

Krystal-is-annoying-on-group-date.gif

ItS sEpTeMbEr

Ain't a better time to do it 😉
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 12
    16-5 after starting 4-3, win a few more and I will be in uncharted territory.
  • Finesse_4days
    17-5 will sweat for elite later on.
  • Sanchezzzz
    4843 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 12
    Any changes for next years WL?
  • Maverick
    What are the rewards for picks?
  • Finesse_4days
    19-6 time for the real sweat to begin
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 12
    Mission failed. Lost 3 games in a row against pure sweat even though I played good with the ball just got countered for tramp goals every time. Won my last game 5-1 to finish 20-9 which I will take even though I could have done better as I was 18-5 after winning 9 in a row.
    Hopefully can do better next Fifa, done with this Fifa now.
    A game where cutbacks are the meta was always going to be bad for me as I can't defend the wings well, also sick of the broken shooting where only first time shots and near post shots work properly.
  • Orison
    55998 posts National Treasure
    edited September 12
    Mission failed. Lost 3 games in a row against pure sweat even though I played good with the ball just got countered for tramp goals every time. Won my last game 5-1 to finish 20-9 which I will take even though I could have done better as I was 18-5 after winning 9 in a row.
    A game where cutbacks are the meta was always going to be bad for me as I can't defend the wings well, also sick of the broken shooting where only first time shots and near post shots work properly.

You are in for a wild ride next year then.
  • Finesse_4days
    Orison wrote: »

cutbacks /crosses are even stronger then?
    I prefer defending Fifa 19 el tornadoes compared to cutbacks this year, most wing oriented game I have ever played.
    Are long balls down the line still broken?
  • Orison
    edited September 12

I prefer defending Fifa 19 el tornadoes compared to cutbacks this year, most wing oriented game I have ever played.

Through balls in general are insane. Really liked it. Against good opponents it was almost impossible to defend the wings tho, certain skillmoves were too strong and if you shut down the wing the passes inside were easy, because the defending team was always very spread out.

But defending should be hard compared to attacking so I liked it (although the game itself including many animations was still way too slow).

Atleast you could always hope for auto blocks. Defenders on the line or in front of it were arguably better than all the keepers. I witnessed some outrageous blocks.
  • Finesse_4days

Through balls in general are insane. Really liked it. Against good opponents it was almost impossible to defend the wings tho, certain skillmoves were too strong and if you shut down the wing the passes inside were easy, because the defending team was always very spread out.

But defending should be hard compared to attacking so I liked it (although the game itself including many animations was still way too slow).

Atleast you could always hope for auto blocks. Defenders on the line or in front of it were arguably better than all the keepers. I witnessed some outrageous blocks.

Sounds even worse than this Fifa, I'm hoping longshots and across shots are good as they were always my favourite goals pre Fifa 20.
  • Orison

Sounds even worse than this Fifa, I'm hoping longshots and across shots are good as they were always my favourite goals pre Fifa 20.

Longshots lel.

Far post is solid and necessary in some situations, but can still be unreliable. Same with near post tbh. RNG might be through the roof in the first few months until we get players with (almost) maxed out shooting stats.
  • Finesse_4days

Longshots lel.

Far post is solid and necessary in some situations, but can still be unreliable. Same with near post tbh. RNG might be through the roof in the first few months until we get players with (almost) maxed out shooting stats.

Do you reckon someone like Immobile will be good at the start? Someone with very good finishing and positioning but without skills and good agility.
  • Orison

Longshots lel.

Do you reckon someone like Immobile will be good at the start? Someone with very good finishing and positioning but without skills and good agility.

Tend to say no.

I mean he will be usable while people are figuring out the game, but there should be better players for cheaper.

I will probably still look for skills, WF, agility and balance.
  • Choepiechakie
    32987 posts National Team Captain
    No way its Onision the Megabite twitch mod
  • WFCBagnall
    79654 posts Moderator
    Another WL added :joy:
  • Sercs
    19192 posts World Class
    Is there any content being pushed really?
  • Maverick
    Sercs wrote: »
    Is there any content being pushed really?

No. I don't even know if the WL rewards are still the same after the content expired this past Friday
  • ComptonLAX94
    2995 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 13
    Was 5-3 earlier. Complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️ fest
  • WFCBagnall
    79654 posts Moderator
    20-8 for the 765th time this year
  • Scutch
    15346 posts World Class
    edited September 13
    20-8 for the 765th time this year

Same. But not as many times as that.
  • GL
    12725 posts Has That Special Something
    Can I make this thread next year I have some lit ideas for a spicy opening post