Comments

• Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    Fun losing to Loan FC this weekend.
  • FrankFrank
    4102 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 9
    15-2.

Think I will stop when I hit 17. Neymar the goat btw.

Sk-rmbillede-2020-08-06-kl-17-28-12.png
  • ccooaattssyy
    12992 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 9
    GL wrote: »
    How do you get good at FIFA?

I’m so bad this year, that it’s embarrassing

Why didn’t you ask this like 9 months ago :joy:

Maybe I am asking for the next game?

• Hicksy2011
    17445 posts World Class
    Also if you really want to be good you can’t be stubborn about your style of play
    I always try to play full throttle, one touch football with lots of 1-2s because that’s what I enjoy
    But this year it just hasn’t allowed it to be that successful from a game style or connection basis (unless you’re a freak like Hashtag Harry)
    The times I’ve had the patience/motivation to reel myself in a bit and actually play a fraction slower my results improved a crazy amount
    The days I end up winning 12 in a row or whatever are the days I tend to end up with 50ish passes with my CAM (although I am full time 442 now)
  • GL
    12726 posts Has That Special Something

It’s not even out yet? How is anyone supposed to know how to be good at a game that’s not released? :joy:
  • ccooaattssyy
    12992 posts Has That Special Something

It’s not even out yet? How is anyone supposed to know how to be good at a game that’s not released? :joy:

There are general trends across the series. People who are generally good pick up the new game quickly.

Im really struggling to see what the issue with the question is here.
  • GL
    edited August 9

There are general trends across the series. People who are generally good pick up the new game quickly.

Im really struggling to see what the issue with the question is here.

What are these “general trends” then and you should have answered your own question?

I’m not sure what answers you are looking for. How is anyone meant to tell you to shoot near post, far post, or use finesses, or cross it, or defend using jockey only and not manual tackling, or second man press to defend, driven pass, double tap pass, skill chains etc. because the game isn’t out yet so no one knows what are the overpowered mechanics

I could write pages and pages on how to improve at Fifa 20 but that’s useless at this point in time. However I can’t tell you how to improve at Fifa 21 yet :lol:
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    5402 posts Big Money Move
    I love coatsy
  • FrankFrank
    edited August 9
    15-2 -> 16-6 -> 20-7 :neutral: Lost my head after the 15-3 game and took some stupid losses, instead of taking a break. Mrs is coming home later after one week vacation so kinda in a hurry as this place needs a serious cleaning :D

Clutch time now.

Choked first game. 11 shots to 3 and lost 0-1. Unreal. Done for the year. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.
    Post edited by FrankFrank on
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    11-2. Probably hit 14 this evening and call it a day.

Last opponent took me to pens at 1-1. One of the toughest defenders I've faced for a while aided by the fact that he had zero attacking ambition whatsoever despite subbing on loan PIM Pele. Figured he must be really good at pens if he plays for them like that, but apparently not. Beat him 4-1 and got sent "absolute mug possy" via message afterwards. Not sure why. I presume he misspelled "posse" and was trying to recruit me to his pro club.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    Might give loan fc a chance in my last games
  • killer xavi
    3872 posts National Call-Up
    Can you not shush anymore? I attempted twice in two games and it doesn’t do it anymore
  • Finesse_4days
    10709 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 9
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    15-2 -> 16-6 -> 20-7 :neutral: Lost my head after the 15-3 game and took some stupid losses, instead of taking a break. Mrs is coming home later after one week vacation so kinda in a hurry as this place needs a serious cleaning :D

Clutch time now.

Choked first game. 11 shots to 3 and lost 0-1. Unreal. Done for the year. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game.

That's rough man thought you would get elite, makes it seem like there is no point grinding to get a top team this year with how little it matters with the RNG finishing and broken mechanics. Even though my teams are usually poor early days as I don't spend I hope next year the better players make more difference 99 finishing counts for nothing on this Fifa.
  • FrankFrank

Clutch time now.

That's rough man thought you would get elite, makes it seem like there is no point grinding to get a top team this year with how little it matters with the RNG finishing and broken mechanics. Even though my teams are usually poor early days as I don't spend I hope next year the better players make more difference 99 finishing counts for nothing on this Fifa.

Thought Id get it after going 17-3 easy last weekend as well. Took 3 losses in row at 15-2 and lost focus from that point. Only got myself to blame :D Gave the last 2 games away, after taking the lead in both games...
  • chaser2k15
    14766 posts Has That Special Something
    If i had conceded this i would have been fuming

PointlessTangibleAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif
  • sofyanm
    4921 posts National Call-Up
    From 16-3 to 16-6
    Lost stupid games against possession merchants
    Will try to get 23 tonight, will be tough though
  • Orison
    56207 posts National Treasure

Clutch time now.

The lack of pay2win is one of the very few positives on fifa 20 and my man wants it gone

Feelsbadman
  • sofyanm
    Still not sure about Ramos partner
    Varane, Militao or Lenglet
    I’m thinking about buying Diego Carlos
  • GL
    sofyanm wrote: »

Calendar check please @Orison
  • Finesse_4days
    Orison wrote: »

Clutch time now.

The lack of pay2win is one of the very few positives on fifa 20 and my man wants it gone

Feelsbadman

Don't want pay to win defensively but in offence top tier attackers should feel better because finishing is absolutely pathetic in this game, the best players should feel more clinical and make better runs.
  • Finesse_4days

Calendar check please @Orison

Diego Carlos is just as good as pretty much any CB in this game, someone like Varane could be worse depending on play style.
  • Hicksy2011
    17445 posts World Class
    Pugzilla just came up on my recommended channels on twitch
    someone is clearly doing well
  • FrankFrank
    No loans in weekend league next year thanks EA.

Sk-rmbillede-2020-08-09-kl-21-08-51.png
  • ContraCode64
    2604 posts Fans' Favourite
    No loans in weekend league next year thanks EA.

Sk-rmbillede-2020-08-09-kl-21-08-51.png

Yeah it's nonsense. They should have gone in the bin alongside attribute cards. I get that it's August and who cares, but we've got Friendlies where people can use them to their heart's content. They've no place in WL or Rivals.
  • ComptonLAX94
    3004 posts National Call-Up
    From 16-3 to 16-6
    Lost stupid games against possession merchants
    Will try to get 23 tonight, will be tough though

Looks like I'm following this trend :D
  • Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    20-9. Game feels like it’s incredibly boring at the moment. People still sweating their life out. Thinking I’ll use 352 next weekend. Anyone used it before?
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    Pikachu wrote: »
    20-9. Game feels like it’s incredibly boring at the moment. People still sweating their life out. Thinking I’ll use 352 next weekend. Anyone used it before?

Using it for 2.5 months now
  • WFCBagnall
    79828 posts Moderator
    20-8

Three pen losses and a loss against someone with eight loan cards

• Hollandman
    3594 posts National Call-Up
    14-4 I can't trigger myself anymore the play. Think I'm just done for this fifa
  • sofyanm
    20-7 as always 🤷🏽‍♂️