The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

The Football thread featuring COVID-19

Comments

• Apollo
    18567 posts World Class
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Obviously Fergie goes in first then I think Shearer. His record has stood for so long.

Edit: Apparently it is players only?

Oh really? Well that’s odd.

I completely agree, it's wrong that Managers aren't included imo.

It's players only, they have to have retired, only PL games count, other competitions have no influence. They're starting with two players then after that they create a shortlist that fans then vote from.

For me Giggs and Shearer should be the first two.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Obviously Fergie goes in first then I think Shearer. His record has stood for so long.

It's players only, they have to have retired, only PL games count, other competitions have no influence. They're starting with two players then after that they create a shortlist that fans then vote from.

Yes get the brother's wife shagger in there
  • Apollo
    18567 posts World Class

Oh FFS. :D

It's the PL hall of fame. Pretty self explanatory why he deserves to be in there.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19198 posts World Class

If they ain’t counting FA Cup/Champions League performances then I doubt they’ll care about his personal life
  • Choepiechakie
    In Murica doesnt the players also have to be a good example out of the pitch to make it in?
  • Apollo
    18567 posts World Class

If they ain’t counting FA Cup/Champions League performances then I doubt they’ll care about his personal life
    "A place in the Premier League Hall of Fame is reserved for the very best. It will be an occasion for our fans around the world to look back over the years and help us celebrate some truly exceptional playing careers."

To be eligible for the Premier League Hall of Fame, players must be retired, and only a player's Premier League career is considered in their candidacy.

A quote from the official article. Pretty clear they're just considering the player's PL careers.
  • Choepiechakie
    So if Adam Johnson was the best footballer the Prem had ever seen, he would get in?
  • Apollo
    18567 posts World Class
    Obviously not. There's a pretty clear difference there. If you can't see that then no one can help you. That's the last I'm saying on the matter as this discussion is ridiculous.
  • Choepiechakie
    Obviously not. There's a pretty clear difference there. If you can't see that then no one can help you. That's the last I'm saying on the matter as this discussion is ridiculous.

Ofc its an extreme, But I was just pointing out things do matter what you do outside the pitch, we just dont know where that border is yet
  • Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain
    There’s always something or the other that you can dig up. Everyone seems to have a dirty history. Giggs just mugged off his brother, he didn’t kill him.
  • Tornado31619
    20253 posts Club Captain
    Players of exceptional skill and talent to be recognised, with two inducted in March and more to be voted in

The Premier League has revealed plans to launch its official Hall of Fame, which will recognise and celebrate the exceptional skill and talent of players who have graced the competition since its inception in 1992.

Membership of the Premier League Hall of Fame will be the highest individual honour awarded to players by the League.

The first two inductees to have their careers commemorated in the Premier League Hall of Fame will be revealed on Thursday 19 March.

A shortlist of nominees will also be announced at the same time, with fans invited to vote to help select the additional former players to join the Premier League Hall of Fame 2020.

"Since 1992, the Premier League has been home to world-class players who have defined generations and provided us with compelling football season after season," Premier League Chief Executive Richard Masters said.

"A place in the Premier League Hall of Fame is reserved for the very best. It will be an occasion for our fans around the world to look back over the years and help us celebrate some truly exceptional playing careers."

The Premier League Hall of Fame will be presented by Budweiser, official beer partner of the Premier League, for the duration of its multi-year partnership.

"We are passionate about football, and so are our consumers, so we couldn't be prouder to celebrate the sport and the players' legacies with the Premier League Hall of Fame," said Steve Arkley, Global Vice President of Marketing, Budweiser.

To be eligible for the Premier League Hall of Fame, players must be retired, and only a player's Premier League career is considered in their candidacy.

Each inductee will receive a personalised medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

The League will honour the first two inductees to the Premier League Hall of Fame at a special event on Thursday 19 March.

Further details will be announced shortly.
  • Antparry92
    18951 posts World Class
    Gaz Baz won’t get in yet as he’s still playing for WBA then
  • Orison
    53042 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Frankfurt-Salzburg cancelled due to a storm warning :(
  • Davisto
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    Soares for Porto :joy:
  • Orison
    53042 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Bundesliga now 8-0 in knockouts.