Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The Football thread featuring COVID-19

Comments

• Carlos181
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    About time. I wonder how the new manager boost will affect them.

Still think he needs more time managing a team, but he’ll have the dressing room in his favor unlike Valverde.

Maybe Barca will actually look like Barcelona when they play now.
  • Alemas_2012
    16910 posts World Class
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    About time. I wonder how the new manager boost will affect them.

Still think he needs more time managing a team, but he’ll have the dressing room in his favor unlike Valverde.

Maybe Barca will actually look like Barcelona when they play now.

I sense the permanent comeback of 4-3-3...
  • Milanista28
    1387 posts Professional
    Ibra can still do it at 38, What a great career this man has had to date.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9874 posts League Winner
    Xavi lol
  • Carlos181
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    I just want him to use La Masia talents, and use other youngsters like Todibo.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    NOW the Malaga coach got properly sacked, @Choepiechakie.
    Naise
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    So Liverpool are clear at the top of the Premier League by sixteen points.

Juventus have a chance to leapfrog Inter to the top of Serie A tomorrow evening, but they're away at Roma and their form has been inconsistent. Inter themselves drew at home to Atalanta today and have been holding on to pole position by the skin of their teeth for some time now, not to mention that they crashed out of the Champions League before Christmas. This title race hasn't exactly reached the heights of City vs. Liverpool in England last season.
    RB Leipzig are at the top of the Bundesliga, with Gladbach second, Bayern third and Dortmund fourth via goal difference. Lewandowski and Gnabry have been on fire this season, but their efforts seem to have been in vain outside of Europe, evidenced in that 5-1 defeat at Frankfurt, admittedly two months ago now. Jadon Sancho's form has dropped off significantly from last season, and with it, his team's form, especially when holding it to the standards of their title challenge last year.
    Barcelona are leading LaLiga only on goal difference, and their loss on Thursday re-emphasises everything you need to know not just about them, but also how **** Real must be to be trailing. But both teams have dropped off considerably since their last respective Champions League wins, so nothing's new here.
    PSG are only four points clear of Marseille, but with two games in hand. Either way, their lead counts for nothing because they're notoriously **** in Europe anyway. For Christ's sake, even we beat them.

The point I'm trying to make is that whilst a lot of people have been talking about the drop-off of City and England's other top teams, this can actually be applied to most of Europe's top leagues at the moment. Spurs scraping their way to Madrid last season should already be an indication of that, considering the opposition they faced (although I suppose that the likes of Bayern, Real and Juve going out so early is more telling). With the league seemingly done and dusted, if I'm a Liverpool fan, I'm already starting to think ahead to Istanbul, because they seem to be the only team with any consistency at the moment.

I actually really enjoyed the read and you make some really valid points. But Sancho’s form dropping off? He had a 3 or 4 week period where he wasn’t great but he’s well on course to beat both his goals and assist tallies from last season and from what I’ve seen is pretty much carrying Dortmund a lot of the time this season.
  • Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    I suppose that’s encouraging to hear since we’re after him :lol: but if he’s carrying them, it just reinforces my point about BVB as a whole.
  • Alex_cr
    I suppose that’s encouraging to hear since we’re after him :lol: but if he’s carrying them, it just reinforces my point about BVB as a whole.

Yeah totally agree - like I says great read. Would be an impressive signing to pull off, think you’d need CL to get him.
  • Pietu
    5924 posts Big Money Move
    Xavi to Barca reported from a Tier 1 Barca guy. Xavi's at the wheel!

• Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    Considering that we only know how to match Chelsea’s results and not better them, I’d say our best bet is to win the Europa League. The question is if we will, and I’m a bit concerned about drawing Arsenal now because it’s always a 50/50 with them.
  • Ashy
    10587 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    Considering that we only know how to match Chelsea’s results and not better them, I’d say our best bet is to win the Europa League. The question is if we will, and I’m a bit concerned about drawing Arsenal now because it’s always a 50/50 with them.

I'd be concerned about Inter/Ajax/Sevilla/Leverkusen/Roma/Wolves and probably Benfica too, including Arsenal thats about 8 teams that could knock you, same with us too
  • Alex_cr
    Ashy wrote: »

I'd be concerned about Inter/Ajax/Sevilla/Leverkusen/Roma/Wolves and probably Benfica too, including Arsenal thats about 8 teams that could knock you, same with us too

Still there best opportunity though. United just have no consistency so cups being being all about on the day suits. They have the ability to blow any of the teams you’ve listed away. Strangely I’d say Ajax would suit them nicely. They only play one way and Utd could counter them for fun.
  • arsenalap
    7278 posts Big Money Move
    Inter and Ajax are the two teams I am worried most about.

But, if Inter are very much in the title race at that point they might take it easier. Ajax equally might just feel it's below them because of what they did last year.

It's too hard to predict though, a lot depends on the draw.

We blew Valencia and Napoli away last year, not sure how we would deal with similar sides this year.
  • Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »

From that lot, I'm honestly only worried about Wolves. Sure, Inter and Ajax could cause us issues, but I think we'll prevail in the end. Whereas we haven't beaten Wolves since they got promoted (one home draw, one away draw and two away losses). But as arsenalap pointed out, the draw could be important.

For what it's worth, I only mentioned Arsenal because I was referencing our results against you guys this season. We haven't actually beaten you in the league since the 2-1 at OT towards the end of 17/18. Two home draws, two away losses and a 3-1 away win in the FA Cup since then.
  • Dodds
    8736 posts League Winner
    Just rewatched the Newcastle highlights from yesterday, the amount of top draw saves that Dubravka pulled off was insane!
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    Just rewatched the Newcastle highlights from yesterday, the amount of top draw saves that Dubravka pulled off was insane!

Yep he's a very talented keeper,doubt we will be able to keep hold of him 😥
  • jenksiee123
    23160 posts Club Captain
    Doucoure took that well like
  • Antparry92
    18872 posts World Class
    I still laugh every time I see Solanke playing a premier league game. There’s hope for us all lads!
  • Alex_cr
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I still laugh every time I see Solanke playing a premier league game. There’s hope for us all lads!

He must have some serious dirt on someone.
  • jenksiee123
    23160 posts Club Captain
    298 Premier League goals conceded in 4.5 half years is mental.
  • Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    If this stays as it is, Watford jump ahead of Villa into 17th. Wow.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15154 posts World Class
    May be the year for Bournemouth to drop
  • jenksiee123
    23160 posts Club Captain
    ooooft tasty finish
  • Antparry92
    18872 posts World Class
    Lot of love for Deeney tbh. No nonsense player
  • Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    Anyone watching Love Island tonight?
  • Alemas_2012
    16910 posts World Class
    Four months out.
    No Xavi can fix that...
  • Tornado31619
    20169 posts Club Captain
    Interesting City line-up.
    Orison wrote: »

Oof. Maybe it will be easier to accommodate Griezmann now, though.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Anyone watching Love Island tonight?

Hell yea and Dr Who and DOI ;)