The Football thread featuring COVID-19: Der Klassiker

Comments

  • BrentfordFC
    13331 posts Has That Special Something
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Gedson having his Spurs medical today

    Wish I did that bloody SBC over Xmas now. Just couldn’t be bothered.

    Yea I wasn't bothered at the time either :(

    I did :trollface:

    I know who to hack then :trollface:

    I’ll save you time and effort. He’s bad :trollface:
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Crossland wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

    From who I have seen, probably Suarez

    Ffs lad. Always Liverpool fans 😅

    Or I just haven't watched Football for long and he is the best Prem player I have seen in the time that I have watched?

    So you just went with a completely different criteria to the question asked? 😅

    Gerrard is without question Pools greatest ever PL player. I’d even have Torres, Fowler and Alonso above Suarez personally but if you’d won the league in that great Suarez year would probably be different.

    Suarez was better than Torres and Fowler for sure. As an overall footballer. I much prefer Torres but if I could only pick one from their prime to go into the Liverpool team today it would 100% be Suarez and the vast majority of the Liverpool thread agree that Suarez is the ‘best’ player to have played for Liverpool in the Premier League era. Sure he wasn’t there that long but he was so talented.

    Don't agree,Stevie G is the best player to have played for Liverpool in the Prem era and it's not even close and I even go to say VVD is already better than Suarez was for Liverpool different players obviously but for sheer impact VVD and Gerrard are in a league off their own for the reds.

    VVD has turned Liverpool into premier league champions something Gerrard and Suarez could never do

    VVD has walked into a far stronger team than Suarez was with. And stronger than 90% of the teams Gerrard was in. So that’s a difficult comparison. Suarez has more goals/assists in a single season than anyone ever has. He tied the goal scoring record at 31 and missed the first 5 games cause he’s a racist.

    He was making a team with Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan as the backline Win games with ease. As an individual player he’s the best I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt. By a distance.

    Wait until you see the team that won the Champions League in 05 then. it’ll blow your mind.

    Gerrard gets the nod ahead of Suarez because he won important games and trophies for Liverpool. There’s just no contest at all. There’s a reason the 06 FA Cup is called The Gerrard Final.
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

    From who I have seen, probably Suarez

    Ffs lad. Always Liverpool fans 😅

    Or I just haven't watched Football for long and he is the best Prem player I have seen in the time that I have watched?

    So you just went with a completely different criteria to the question asked? 😅

    Gerrard is without question Pools greatest ever PL player. I’d even have Torres, Fowler and Alonso above Suarez personally but if you’d won the league in that great Suarez year would probably be different.

    Suarez was better than Torres and Fowler for sure. As an overall footballer. I much prefer Torres but if I could only pick one from their prime to go into the Liverpool team today it would 100% be Suarez and the vast majority of the Liverpool thread agree that Suarez is the ‘best’ player to have played for Liverpool in the Premier League era. Sure he wasn’t there that long but he was so talented.

    Don't agree,Stevie G is the best player to have played for Liverpool in the Prem era and it's not even close and I even go to say VVD is already better than Suarez was for Liverpool different players obviously but for sheer impact VVD and Gerrard are in a league off their own for the reds.

    VVD has turned Liverpool into premier league champions something Gerrard and Suarez could never do

    VVD has walked into a far stronger team than Suarez was with. And stronger than 90% of the teams Gerrard was in. So that’s a difficult comparison. Suarez has more goals/assists in a single season than anyone ever has. He tied the goal scoring record at 31 and missed the first 5 games cause he’s a racist.

    He was making a team with Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan as the backline Win games with ease. As an individual player he’s the best I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt. By a distance.

    Wait until you see the team that won the Champions League in 05 then. it’ll blow your mind.

    Gerrard gets the nod ahead of Suarez because he won important games and trophies for Liverpool. There’s just no contest at all. There’s a reason the 06 FA Cup is called The Gerrard Final.

    Yea agreed
  • BrentfordFC
    13331 posts Has That Special Something
    Damn was it really 13 years ago ? :lol:

  • LFC Simon 98
    19529 posts World Class
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

    From who I have seen, probably Suarez

    Ffs lad. Always Liverpool fans 😅

    Or I just haven't watched Football for long and he is the best Prem player I have seen in the time that I have watched?

    So you just went with a completely different criteria to the question asked? 😅

    Gerrard is without question Pools greatest ever PL player. I’d even have Torres, Fowler and Alonso above Suarez personally but if you’d won the league in that great Suarez year would probably be different.

    Suarez was better than Torres and Fowler for sure. As an overall footballer. I much prefer Torres but if I could only pick one from their prime to go into the Liverpool team today it would 100% be Suarez and the vast majority of the Liverpool thread agree that Suarez is the ‘best’ player to have played for Liverpool in the Premier League era. Sure he wasn’t there that long but he was so talented.

    Don't agree,Stevie G is the best player to have played for Liverpool in the Prem era and it's not even close and I even go to say VVD is already better than Suarez was for Liverpool different players obviously but for sheer impact VVD and Gerrard are in a league off their own for the reds.

    VVD has turned Liverpool into premier league champions something Gerrard and Suarez could never do

    VVD has walked into a far stronger team than Suarez was with. And stronger than 90% of the teams Gerrard was in. So that’s a difficult comparison. Suarez has more goals/assists in a single season than anyone ever has. He tied the goal scoring record at 31 and missed the first 5 games cause he’s a racist.

    He was making a team with Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan as the backline Win games with ease. As an individual player he’s the best I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt. By a distance.

    Wait until you see the team that won the Champions League in 05 then. it’ll blow your mind.

    Gerrard gets the nod ahead of Suarez because he won important games and trophies for Liverpool. There’s just no contest at all. There’s a reason the 06 FA Cup is called The Gerrard Final.

    I don’t recall those being premier league games but yes due to the length of time Gerrard is obviously a bigger for Liverpool and it’s history, but naturally as a footballer Suarez was better.
  • BrentfordFC
    13331 posts Has That Special Something
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up


    I hope it becomes official within the next few hours.
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class
    Jeez, Reina looks so young there, odd seeing him with hair and without a beard. :D
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    Carlos181 wrote: »


    I hope it becomes official within the next few hours.

    According to Mundo Deportivo 54% want Quique Setien to be our new manager ohhh.png
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »


    I hope it becomes official within the next few hours.

    According to Mundo Deportivo 54% want Quique Setien to be our new manager ohhh.png

    ...who?
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »


    I hope it becomes official within the next few hours.

    According to Mundo Deportivo 54% want Quique Setien to be our new manager ohhh.png

    ...who?

    Real Betis manager but to the forums a nobody.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard
  • Scutch
    14218 posts Has That Special Something
    Gedson to Spurs done.
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard

    It's midway through the season. Seems rather pointless now just stick with him till the end. Unless we have a high profile manager in place. I mean I loved Xavi as a player but maybe give him the reins at the start of the season. Seems our board took ages to get it's head smacked.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard

    It's midway through the season. Seems rather pointless now just stick with him till the end. Unless we have a high profile manager in place. I mean I loved Xavi as a player but maybe give him the reins at the start of the season. Seems our board took ages to get it's head smacked.

    Dont think Xavi wants to go already. Smart choice tbf since Messi is what? Like 2 seasons still on that top tier level?

    And to get a manager now is also smarter than at the end of the season since(i hope) he will get the 2nd half to build so a good team will be present next season. Altho its also dangerous since they are still ij the running for the major trophies.

    But something had to be done
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard

    It's midway through the season. Seems rather pointless now just stick with him till the end. Unless we have a high profile manager in place. I mean I loved Xavi as a player but maybe give him the reins at the start of the season. Seems our board took ages to get it's head smacked.

    Dont think Xavi wants to go already. Smart choice tbf since Messi is what? Like 2 seasons still on that top tier level?

    And to get a manager now is also smarter than at the end of the season since(i hope) he will get the 2nd half to build so a good team will be present next season. Altho its also dangerous since they are still ij the running for the major trophies.

    But something had to be done

    Thing is he should have been sacked at the end of last year. The 2nd Leg at Liverpool should have sent him packing. We are still in the running for 3 cups. We basically just lost a glorified Super Cup and its a meltdown. Now seems risky unless we have someone lined up.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    CeeQue wrote: »
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard

    It's midway through the season. Seems rather pointless now just stick with him till the end. Unless we have a high profile manager in place. I mean I loved Xavi as a player but maybe give him the reins at the start of the season. Seems our board took ages to get it's head smacked.

    Dont think Xavi wants to go already. Smart choice tbf since Messi is what? Like 2 seasons still on that top tier level?

    And to get a manager now is also smarter than at the end of the season since(i hope) he will get the 2nd half to build so a good team will be present next season. Altho its also dangerous since they are still ij the running for the major trophies.

    But something had to be done

    Thing is he should have been sacked at the end of last year. The 2nd Leg at Liverpool should have sent him packing. We are still in the running for 3 cups. We basically just lost a glorified Super Cup and its a meltdown. Now seems risky unless we have someone lined up.

    Yeah true. I think they were waiting for some managers to open up after this season. But I guess they deemed it neccessary now. Dont ask me why.

    Are elections coming up?
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    I’d take Quique Setien or Pochettino out of the available coaches. Quique was pretty much playing Tiki-taka with Real Betis, so it wouldn’t be too hard to adapt.

    Also, apparently have they have already packed up Valverde’s belongings, and will say goodbye to the players tomorrow.
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Really good choice.
    Atleast someone whose completely different than Valverde. If u would get Koeman I would have laughed so hard

    It's midway through the season. Seems rather pointless now just stick with him till the end. Unless we have a high profile manager in place. I mean I loved Xavi as a player but maybe give him the reins at the start of the season. Seems our board took ages to get it's head smacked.

    Dont think Xavi wants to go already. Smart choice tbf since Messi is what? Like 2 seasons still on that top tier level?

    And to get a manager now is also smarter than at the end of the season since(i hope) he will get the 2nd half to build so a good team will be present next season. Altho its also dangerous since they are still ij the running for the major trophies.

    But something had to be done

    Thing is he should have been sacked at the end of last year. The 2nd Leg at Liverpool should have sent him packing. We are still in the running for 3 cups. We basically just lost a glorified Super Cup and its a meltdown. Now seems risky unless we have someone lined up.

    Yeah true. I think they were waiting for some managers to open up after this season. But I guess they deemed it neccessary now. Dont ask me why.

    Are elections coming up?

    2021
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »


    I hope it becomes official within the next few hours.

    Aw, he was the one thing that made me feel better about being a United fan :lol:
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Press conference in an hour
  • Kennyy
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    People are having different conversations here.

    Some are viewing best as impact, others purely talent.
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 13
    CeeQue wrote: »

    Apparently they want to give him 6 months for now, but his team wants a longer contract.

    I’ll just go on with my day until it’s official from the club.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25062 posts Player of the Year
    Carlos181 wrote: »

    Then you'll just go on with your day.
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe Firpo will finally start over short-man syndrome Jordi Alba.
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Maybe Firpo will finally start over short-man syndrome Jordi Alba.

    Is Alba suffering from burnout?
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Maybe Firpo will finally start over short-man syndrome Jordi Alba.

    Firpo is so bad lmaoooo
Sign In or Register to comment.