The Football thread featuring COVID-19: Der Klassiker

Comments

• Antparry92
    19145 posts World Class
    Turned on to Roma vs Juve 5 mins late and Demiral has already put them 1 up :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    2-0 lmao
  • RealM
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    0-0 in ET and so you sub on 2 defenders.
  • Carlos181
    4028 posts National Call-Up
    That’s the fire I wanted to see
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Let’s see if Poch is a man of his word then... Barca contacting him.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Real won the super cup. Great trophy to use as a door stop
  • RealM
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    On for the quadruple still :)
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    RealM wrote: »
    On for the quadruple still :)

Lets hope Real wont celebrate this trophy back home out of protest
  • jenksiee123
    23914 posts Club Captain
    Belting first half between PSG and Monaco
  • Antparry92
    19145 posts World Class
    Belting first half between PSG and Monaco

Trust me to stick Roma vs Juve on which has been boring up until a little goal mouth scramble a minute ago
  • Antparry92
    19145 posts World Class
    What was the deal with that Slimani goal then? Can’t see why it wasn’t offside unless I’m missing something blatant after seeing the one replay
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner
    Roma vs Juve, what an incredible poor level of football.
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class

My apologies, evidently Allegri took over for this match because Sarri was too busy walking his dog.
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner
    edited January 12

My apologies, evidently Allegri took over for this match because Sarri was too busy walking his dog.

Can't say Sarri makes them play much better tbh... But they are on top again, only thing that matters.
  • Alemas_2012
    17130 posts World Class

Can't say Sarri makes them play much better tbh... But they are on top again, only thing that matters.

I mean, when we try to play football, we play way better than with Allegri.
    Unfortunately the unwatchable defensive mentality/playstyle seems to be stubbornly ingrained into the players, leading to absolute shambles of performances.
    This was probably a worse performance than against Lazio. :D
  • ccooaattssyy
    11168 posts Has That Special Something
    Xavi caring more about money?
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Apparently he wants to start before a new season and feels that he wouldn’t be able to do much if he came in now. Besides, you know, actually get to know the players.
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently he wants to start before a new season and feels that he wouldn’t be able to do much if he came in now. Besides, you know, actually get to know the players.

The board should have sacked Valverde in the summer. It's midway through the season and it's not like were are fighting relegation.
  • GL
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    The Valverde foul is the best thing I have seen. Not like Morata would have scored anyway 😂
  • Fab
    19466 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »
    The Valverde foul is the best thing I have seen. Not like Morata would have scored anyway 😂

all jokes aside excellent foul love to see it
  • Milanista28
    1430 posts Professional

The only thing that could've made it better was if he did the "I got the ball" gesture to the ref.
  • Pietu
    6172 posts Big Money Move

Just as iconic as Suarez's handball against Ghana, that was brilliant, loved it.
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?
  • LFC Simon 98
    19529 posts World Class
    Monday morning musings - following Agueros ‘record’ at the weekend, who is the greatest PL player of all time?

Jordan Henderson
  • Pugzilla
    17327 posts World Class

Not that I’ve watched him but Alan Shearer would be who I would say.

• Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    edited January 13

Shearer without any doubt or Bias ;) 260 Prem Goals,11 Hattys,Boyhood club,Record Prem Goalscorer but Aguero is close and will overtake by end of career
  • Southgatology
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 13
    Crossland wrote: »

Shearer without any doubt or Bias ;) 260 Prem Goals,11 Hattys,Boyhood club,Record Prem Goalscorer but Aguero is close and will overtake by end of career

Shearer definitely up there but not top for me. 81 of his goals came when it was a 22 team league and as such generally a bit weaker competition but firing that Blackburn team to a title was impressive. I would call him the greatest ‘out and out 9’ in PL history though.

Also Aguero won’t get near his record as he won’t be at City long enough.
  • Antparry92
    19145 posts World Class
    The question was greatest player not goal scorer
  • CeeQue
    12438 posts Has That Special Something

Heskey
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    The question was greatest player not goal scorer

Probably have to say Giggs tbh