The Football thread featuring COVID-19: congrats to the red Scousers

Comments

• hoban95
    54831 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    It’s got to the point where it’s just going to be so weird going back to work, feel very detached from it.

It's weird at first but you soon get back into the rhythm. I think the biggest change will be the office spacing changing. That was for me when i went back yesterday. Although i'm not going in every day so this feeling will continue. :#
  • ccooaattssyy
    11562 posts Has That Special Something
    hoban95 wrote: »
    It’s got to the point where it’s just going to be so weird going back to work, feel very detached from it.

It's weird at first but you soon get back into the rhythm. I think the biggest change will be the office spacing changing. That was for me when i went back yesterday. Although i'm not going in every day so this feeling will continue. :#

You having to socially distance in the office, etc? I’m hoping my employer lets me work a mixture of remote & office going forward.
  • hoban95

You having to socially distance in the office, etc? I’m hoping my employer lets me work a mixture of remote & office going forward.

Yeah we got loads of computers that can't be used. So loads of the computers have signs saying "closed" and you can only use the ones that have "open" on them. It was fine yesterday as it's empty during the weekends regardless, be interesting to see during the mid week.
  • Tornado31619
    21168 posts Club Captain
    Big game player: Drogba vs. Agüero. Discus.
  • Ashy
    10803 posts Has That Special Something
    Drogba no question
  • hoban95
    Drogba lived for big games. Wembley was like playing at home for him.
  • Tornado31619
    21168 posts Club Captain
    @hoban95 apparently Evan Peters has been cast in WandaVision in a "key role" - he can't be playing... can he? :o
  • hoban95
    @hoban95 apparently Evan Peters has been cast in WandaVision in a "key role" - he can't be playing... can he? :o

giphy.gif
  • ccooaattssyy
    [YT]

One of my favourite FA cup goals. Unreal.

Can't match this though of course :wink:

[YT]
  • Reus
    23487 posts Club Captain

That's not even a discussion

Drogba record in big games is ridiculous
  • Tornado31619
    21168 posts Club Captain
    I figured you’d all say that, I was just curious since I saw a post online talking about Agüero’s record against the “big six”.
  • Hicksy2011
    16407 posts World Class
    I figured you’d all say that, I was just curious since I saw a post online talking about Agüero’s record against the “big six”.

There’s a difference between scoring 6 a season against Spurs and a winner in a CL final haha
  • hoban95
    [YT]

One of my favourite FA cup goals. Unreal.

Can't match this though of course :wink:

[YT]

Get outta here.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20705 posts Club Captain

ahahaha
  • arsenalap
    8105 posts League Winner
    Yh Drogba wins. Tbh without Drogbas ability in big games he is just another good striker. What separates him is his ability in big games.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Who is the most clutch player in Premier League history? Could be Drogba?
  • LFC Simon 98
    19707 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

There’s a difference between scoring 6 a season against Spurs and a winner in a CL final haha

Origi > Aguero confirmed
  • Reus
    23487 posts Club Captain

Yaya Toure had a period where he would singlehandedly drag city to wins in big games
  • hoban95
    Reus wrote: »

Yaya Toure had a period where he would singlehandedly drag city to wins in big games

He was literally unplayable at his peak.
  • Reus
    23487 posts Club Captain

Those runs from deep where he would just manhandle half the opposition :D
  • Ashy
    10803 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2
    Most clutch defender is Ramos I would think, his important late goals rather than his defending
  • ccooaattssyy

He was a machine.
  • RealM
    6364 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Most clutch defender is Ramos I would think, his important late goals rather than his defending

His leadership and determination. <3
  • hoban95

Nobody could touch him :D

He was just sensational in the 13/14 season.
  • hoban95
    This certainly put a smile on my face.

• Bob_Dylan
    20705 posts Club Captain

Max Meyer's father talking about how great it is to be driving around Gelsenkirchen (where Schalke 04 is from) in a Lamborghini that the club paid for. For those unaware Schalke are having great financial trouble as a result of Covid 19.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    4547 posts National Call-Up
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

Max Meyer's father talking about how great it is to be driving around Gelsenkirchen (where Schalke 04 is from) in a Lamborghini that the club paid for. For those unaware Schalke are having great financial trouble as a result of Covid 19.

That is not very smart
  • Alemas_2012
    17503 posts World Class
    I'd wager that they are in financial trouble not just due to Covid, but also due to previous lavish expenditures like that one.
    Max Meyer used to play for Schalke, now he's at Crystal Palace, so that's something he got during his Schalke days, and his dad's enjoying it...
    Meyer is a bit of a meme here, his agent called him "world class" before he left Schalke, hoping to attract big clubs.
    Really didn't work out for him. :joy: