The Football thread featuring COVID-19: congrats to the red Scousers

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    17513 posts World Class
    edited April 5
    The players of a football league with domestic TV rights worth over one billion are concerned more about money than the wider welfare of people.
    WHO KNEW. :D
  • MaddMike3711
    12604 posts Has That Special Something
    Just heard the NBA probably won’t be resumed until at least August. :grimace:
  • LFC Simon 98
    19719 posts Club Captain
    Liverpool reconsidering their decision after outburst from fans and a majority of first team players (namely Henderson) feeling the club had undermined the support they were trying to rally for the NHS and various charity’s
  • Maverick
    6835 posts Big Money Move
    Liverpool reconsidering their decision after outburst from fans and a majority of first team players (namely Henderson) feeling the club had undermined the support they were trying to rally for the NHS and various charity’s

Shouldn't have come to this, but yeah hopefully they reverse their decision.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19719 posts Club Captain
    Maverick wrote: »

Like I said yday. They made the wrong decision 100%. Lets just hope Henry is man enough to hold his hands up and accept it.

He’s done a brilliant job since he came in but this is a concern.
  • Antparry92
    19212 posts World Class

Like I said yday. They made the wrong decision 100%. Lets just hope Henry is man enough to hold his hands up and accept it.

Damage is already done in terms of reputation
  • Kennyy
    1064 posts Professional
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Don’t really care about the reputation as long as the right thing is done.

Gives people with blind hatred a reason at least!
  • Antparry92
    19212 posts World Class
    Kennyy wrote: »

Shows where the morality of the board already is. Kudos to Henderson standing up for the players along with most fans.

See still football twitter littered with blind Liverpool fans who will defend the club for the indefensible
  • LFC Simon 98
    19719 posts Club Captain

Shows where the morality of the board already is. Kudos to Henderson standing up for the players along with most fans.

See still football twitter littered with blind Liverpool fans who will defend the club for the indefensible

People who discuss football on twitter are certified cretins.
  • Kennyy
    1064 posts Professional

They have listened before in regards to ticket prices, so hopefully they will listen this time.
  • jenksiee123
    24054 posts Club Captain
    Boris Johnson been admitted to hospital. He looked awful when he did that video a couple of days ago.
  • Alemas_2012
    17513 posts World Class
    ...I'll wait until official confirmation for that...
  • ccooaattssyy
    11568 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think that the U.K Government wants the lock down to continue much past the end of May. I think that mass crowds will probably be banned for a few weeks/months after this though. I imagine the season will therefore be finished June/July, but behind closed doors. What a huge anti-climax for Liverpool fans/players :D
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25496 posts Player of the Year
    I don't think that the U.K Government wants the lock down to continue much past the end of May. I think that mass crowds will probably be banned for a few weeks/months after this though. I imagine the season will therefore be finished June/July, but behind closed doors. What a huge anti-climax for Liverpool fans/players :D

Given the context of the situation and the return of the football, I'm sure they will still be plenty hyped to see them lift the trophy. Would also represent some positive steps towards recovering from this.
  • Tornado31619
    21190 posts Club Captain
    Pep's mother has died of COVID-19 at 82.
  • Tornado31619
    21190 posts Club Captain
    State of Liverpool and Spurs when even Burnley are paying their staff ffs
  • arsenalap
    8116 posts League Winner
    I mean it isnt that straightforward.

Every other top club would have seen the backlash about Liverpool and said no we cant do that. Doesnt mean they werent thinking about it beforehand.
  • ccooaattssyy
    11568 posts Has That Special Something
    Levy is a tight git.
  • hoban95
    54845 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited April 6
    Levy is a tight git.

I can think of many other words than git that can perfectly describe him right about now.

Fair play to Liverpool, they got it completely wrong and acted upon it.
  • KingLionel10
    15256 posts World Class
    edited April 6
    Mike Ashley take note ya fat ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Kennyy
    1064 posts Professional
    Glad the board/owners have seen sense
  • BrentfordFC
    13416 posts Has That Special Something
    Levy is a tight git.

Should of seen his comments. Turned around and said : I’m taking a 30% cut. All players should follow.

He should take 50 the mingebag money grabber. He’s the type to sell snow to your Nan in Jamaica.
  • Tornado31619
    21190 posts Club Captain
    Boris is in ICU :o
  • Hicksy2011
    16435 posts World Class
    Maybe people will start to get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ message now if they realise that someone with access to early testing and the country’s best healthcare can be in trouble from it
  • DoD_Jester
    27269 posts Player of the Year
    Boris is in ICU :o

Sauce?
  • DoD_Jester
    27269 posts Player of the Year
    Nevermimd BBC confirmed
  • jenksiee123
    24054 posts Club Captain
    Mike Ashley take note ya fat ❤️❤️❤️❤️

He prefers taking your notes :trollface: