The Football thread featuring COVID-19: Barcelolna

Comments

• arsenalap
    8402 posts League Winner
    Mane. I prefer him as a player, think he has more technique which long term might be more useful as he gets older. Also hasn't been playing at such an intensity as Salah has done for his career so might be useful.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    Maybe it is just my bias tho but I posted Salah’s prem stats in here last night. If you only look at his time at Liverpool he’s on 73 goals and 27 assists (100 contributions) in 104 games. Has the highest g/a per minute of any player with over 100 games in the leagues history, and could win his 3rd consecutive golden boot (or at least be very close).

He was labelled as a Flat track bully last year countless times yet when you compare his record vs the top 6 since he signed he has more goals than anyone else in that period, along with 7 goals and 7 assists in champions league knockouts and rarely plays in FA/League Cup games so doesn’t ‘stat pad’ vs lower league opposition
  • hoban95
    56024 posts National Treasure
    Mane over Salah for me.

Mane has improved a lot since 2018 season in terms of his finishing. He was a great player before but this season and last he's been more clinical. He's got more to his game as well as he can play more direct as well.
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Mane over Salah for me.

Mane has improved a lot since 2018 season in terms of his finishing. He was a great player before but this season and last he's been more clinical. He's got more to his game as well as he can play more direct as well.

I know stats don’t tell the whole story

BUT

Big chances 19/20
    Salah scored 15 missed 11
    Mane scored 10 missed 17

Mane does have a higher shots to goals % but that is fairly close and largely down to Salah going for the spectacular more often so I guess it depends what you count as finishing.

1 on 1’s Salah has 76% compared to Manes 42% over the last 2 seasons
  • Pietu
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    Mane over Salah for me.

BUT

Big chances 19/20
    Mane scored 10 missed 17

Mane does have a higher shots to goals % but that is fairly close and largely down to Salah going for the spectacular more often so I guess it depends what you count as finishing.

Don't forget that Salah is the more marked one with multiple players, that also leaves Mane more space
  • Shaanxz
    21670 posts Club Captain
    Leeds are playing unreal
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26014 posts Player of the Year
    Spurs playing awful yet again. NLD gonna be bad.
  • hoban95
    edited July 9
    Mane over Salah for me.

BUT

Big chances 19/20
    Mane scored 10 missed 17

I just wanna make it clear i wasn't comparing their finishing. I was just stating how i've been impressed by Mane improving his finishing over the past 2 seasons. He's gotten even better.

Mane is more complete and a better forward for me right now.
  • I'd take Mane as well, but I find these types or this or that questions quite pointless. Liverpool are lucky to have them both ripping it up, and they'll do their best to keep them as long as possible and it won't ever be this one or that one decision as they'll (players themselves) choose to do what's best for them as human beings not some fifa player rating comparison subject.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    holdenwait wrote: »
    I'd take Mane as well, but I find these types or this or that questions quite pointless. Liverpool are lucky to have them both ripping it up, and they'll do their best to keep them as long as possible and it won't ever be this one or that one decision as they'll (players themselves) choose to do what's best for them as human beings not some fifa player rating comparison subject.

Don't have an issue with a comparison of great players in a thread like this, just a discussion. Though it does seem like it was a bit of a leading discussion point by Simon to give him the chance to highlight Salah stats, which are obviously very impressive. I do think he is a bit underappreciated despite all his accolades.
  • GL
    12717 posts Has That Special Something
    Jose should retire
  • ORANGEeffect05
    GL wrote: »
    Jose should retire

I'm sleep
  • Shaanxz
    21670 posts Club Captain
    edited July 9
    Would take mane. Better aerially, better with both feet and more versatile
  • Pietu
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    Adam Smith is so out, hopefully it's not bad but it certainly looks like it
  • Kennyy
    1367 posts Professional
    edited July 9
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Would take mane. Better aerially, better with both feet and more versatile

Twice as many options to replace Salah as their is Mane.

If you sell Mane you need a LW, sell Salah and you could replace him with a RW or swap Mane over and buy a LW
    Post edited by Kennyy on
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    Mane over Salah for me.

BUT

Big chances 19/20
    Mane scored 10 missed 17

I just wanna make it clear i wasn't comparing their finishing. I was just stating how i've been impressed by Mane improving his finishing over the past 2 seasons. He's gotten even better.

Mane is more complete and a better forward for me right now.

Ahh okay fair enough I did misread that
  • LFC Simon 98
    19981 posts Club Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    I'd take Mane as well, but I find these types or this or that questions quite pointless. Liverpool are lucky to have them both ripping it up, and they'll do their best to keep them as long as possible and it won't ever be this one or that one decision as they'll (players themselves) choose to do what's best for them as human beings not some fifa player rating comparison subject.

Don't have an issue with a comparison of great players in a thread like this, just a discussion. Though it does seem like it was a bit of a leading discussion point by Simon to give him the chance to highlight Salah stats, which are obviously very impressive. I do think he is a bit underappreciated despite all his accolades.

I didn’t even post it here ;)

But yes I wanted to post the stats in the Liverpool thread and got carried away in here too.

The way I should have phrased it initially I guess is, why is Mane in contention for the POTY and Salah not.

KDB should win regardless I know but just curious as I never see Salah in polls etc about it always Mane
  • Tornado31619
    22246 posts Club Captain

Fancy Arsenal tbh
  • ORANGEeffect05

Fancy Arsenal tbh

So do I lol
  • ORANGEeffect05
    Just watched 112 minutes of scoreless Spurs-Bournemouth AMA
  • Alemas_2012
    18627 posts World Class
    Look what I got in my YouTube recommended. :joy:
    k7bI3Dp.png
    Don't know how the hell I got that, I haven't watched any United videos. :joy:
  • hoban95
    k7bI3Dp.png

But will you be watching?
  • Alemas_2012
    18627 posts World Class
    edited July 9
    k7bI3Dp.png

But will you be watching?

Of course not. :joy:
    EDIT: Oh wait, the match. Maybe, definitely not that watchalong though. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    18627 posts World Class
    Has Mourinho ever had a trophyless season, excluding the ones where he got fired?
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16714 posts World Class
    Has Mourinho ever had a trophyless season, excluding the ones where he got fired?

2nd season at utd?
  • ComptonLAX94
    2992 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yh that's a shady pen
  • Hicksy2011
    17339 posts World Class
    edited July 9
    God Bruno Fernandes is going to be one of my most hated soon
  • NornIron
    13859 posts Has That Special Something
    That's never a pen :D