28034 posts Player of the Year
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Can see city wriggling their way out of the suspension unfortunately

Same.

I also still fear UTD. I got a bad feeling about West Ham tomorrow. @Dan is Clutch :joy:

Can’t imagine why. We don’t attack. You’ll be fine.

You said the same before the game at the Bridge earlier this season.

Sure. But we have David Moyes now.

Didn't you beat us at the Bridge the last time you had Moyes? When Hernandez bagged 2 and you had Hart in goal playing unreal? Aahahaha

Think it was 1-1? Chicha came on and scored. Swear that game we didn’t attack until like the 70th min. :joy:

I thought you won but it could have been 1-1, sure felt like a defeat either way ahaha

Yeah Moyes first game was a win against us as well. Basically...I hate playing West Ham :joy:

We don't have a striker. Our best defender and arguably our best player this season Ogbonna, is still injured. I really don't see anything for you to worry about. :joy:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25484 posts Player of the Year

Same.

I also still fear UTD. I got a bad feeling about West Ham tomorrow. @Dan is Clutch :joy:

Didn't you beat us at the Bridge the last time you had Moyes? When Hernandez bagged 2 and you had Hart in goal playing unreal? Aahahaha

Think it was 1-1? Chicha came on and scored. Swear that game we didn’t attack until like the 70th min. :joy:

I thought you won but it could have been 1-1, sure felt like a defeat either way ahaha

Yeah Moyes first game was a win against us as well. Basically...I hate playing West Ham :joy:

We don't have a striker. Our best defender and arguably our best player this season Ogbonna, is still injured. I really don't see anything for you to worry about. :joy:

Even Spurs beat you lot
  • Dan is Clutch
    28034 posts Player of the Year

Same.

Even Spurs beat you lot

Please don't remind me.
  • hoban95
    54813 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

Same.

You were ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in the other games yet it’s always tough for us :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    Without cl football we won't get him, with it cost still be around £100m I reckon

Think he said that he’d join us even if we didn’t make the CL

Would love to see the quote and source were he said he would join Manchester United in the next transfer window with or without UCL football. If correct no wonder United a low balling the transfer offer if they know the player wants to leave for that one club

I’ll have a look for it, but 50m is rubbish either way IMO. If Sky had been reporting something like 75m then I’d believe them but TBH they’ve been pretty bad of late other than the Arthur-Pjanić deal
  • ccooaattssyy
    11557 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 30
    Anyone a plumber/install a lot of washing machines?

Got a new one fitted today, getting an error on it and water not draining away.

Took the waste pipe off the spigot under the sink and there is a circular piece of plastic at the end of the pipe inside it (is this normal) or should it be a completely clear pipe?

The piece of plastic looks as though it fits perfectly but maybe should have been removed?
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    Without cl football we won't get him, with it cost still be around £100m I reckon

Would love to see the quote and source were he said he would join Manchester United in the next transfer window with or without UCL football. If correct no wonder United a low balling the transfer offer if they know the player wants to leave for that one club

Fabrizio Romano said it.

And also how anyone can believe Sky these days on transfer rumours I've got no idea. Their credibility on transfers is a million miles away from what it was years ago.
  • Apollo
    19449 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    Apollo wrote: »

Fabrizio Romano said it.

And also how anyone can believe Sky these days on transfer rumours I've got no idea. Their credibility on transfers is a million miles away from what it was years ago.

To add to that, he literally said Sancho will accept Man Utd, assuming we pay the money ofc. It's all about the transfer fee now.

• Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Could’ve sworn he said it himself. But if Fab says so then he probably has :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    If he can stay fit then Bayern will have a truly frightening attack
  • chaser2k15
    14619 posts Has That Special Something
  • Shaanxz
    21305 posts Club Captain
    The speed of Douglas costas step overs is scary af
  • Orison
    54906 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    90% of the time Douglas Costa can't shoot to save his life. The other 10% are truly stunning tho
    067385ef99eef07eb56dfa377221a748.gif
  • LFC Simon 98
    19683 posts World Class
    Messi and Ronaldo are jokes
  • ComptonLAX94
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    The speed of Douglas costas step overs is scary af

Training in Ankle weights imo
  • Alemas_2012
    17482 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »
    90% of the time Douglas Costa can't shoot to save his life. The other 10% are truly stunning tho
    067385ef99eef07eb56dfa377221a748.gif

He's so unbelievably frustrating, he's really effective only when you sub him in when the opponents are tired. :D
    Also, his injuries really don't help.
    But once he gets going, boy is he a force of nature...
  • Orison
    Seeing Griez in this Barca squad is a source of never ending sadness.

Man seems to have lost his will to play :( Someone save my boy.
  • Alemas_2012
    17482 posts World Class
    As if Atletico just did a massive favour to Real...
  • Alemas_2012
    17482 posts World Class

He's rapidly going down as one of the most expensive flops in history.
    But then again, who can blame him for losing the will to play?
    He's unloved by the fans, unloved by Messi, seemingly unloved by his other teammates...
    Mentally he must be absolutely shot.
    Gone are the days of Fortnite celebrations...
  • Orison

He's unloved by the fans, unloved by Messi, seemingly unloved by his other teammates...

Yeah, you can't even really judge his performances. Like is he the flop as a player, is the system the flop as it just doesn't fit him, is Messi a ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

Bit of everything I guess.

A player like Messi should never have absolute power. At Real you had CR7 who was the goat upfront, but everybody knew you also had a personality like Ramos at the back. For Barca it's Messi and then a whole load of nothing.
  • Alemas_2012
    17482 posts World Class

Yeah, you can't even really judge his performances. Like is he the flop as a player, is the system the flop as it just doesn't fit him, is Messi a ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

Bit of everything I guess.

A player like Messi should never have absolute power. At Real you had CR7 who was the goat upfront, but everybody knew you also had a personality like Ramos at the back. For Barca it's Messi and then a whole load of nothing.

Before, they had players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, I guess even Victor Valdes who "commanded" the dressing room, as they were long-time players who went through La Masia.
    These days it should be Pique and Busquets, but evidently they have zero influence. Everything goes to Messi for his approval, there's nothing to balance him out.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Would love Griezmann to move to another club, involving him in a swap with Neymar would be ideal really or going to City.

Barca is such a mess though they need a manager that will come in and actually be the boss dont really think that has been the case since Pep was there and even then they had the Puyol's, Xavi's etc. Messi is no angel and its becoming more apparent in recent years
  • LFC Simon 98
    19683 posts World Class
    Barca’s dressing room is in tatters. Nobody wants to challenge Messi in it and it’s the root of a lot of problems it looks like. Been that way for a while now and nothing has changed.
  • Mackie17
    8095 posts League Winner
    Curse of having a player like Messi. Same thing happened with ibra, neymar etc no one's going to shine being in that man's shadow.
  • Carlos181
    4057 posts National Call-Up
    Part of me doesn’t want to believe that the dressing room is ran by Messi, but it’s hard to not notice. You can tell Messi refuses to play with some players. He refuses to pass to Griezmann when he is playing, and skips over Semedo making runs all the time. You can also tell he’s unhappy by his body language when Suarez doesn’t start, even if Suarez is in absolutely terrible form.
  • hoban95
    54813 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I came across this article earlier tonight after my mate told me stories about Messi speaking poorly to Alexis during his time at Barca.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/messi-accused-of-bullying-and-insulting-team-mates-to-point-of-tears_sto4716734/story.shtml

Our conversation started after i told him about how during the water break at the weekend Messi flat out ignored the assistant who tried giving him instructions.

I've never cared for the Messi or Ronaldo debate however it does make me laugh when for years people have tried to justify that Ronaldo is this horrible arrogant man while Messi is the perfect team mate.
  • Mackie17
    8095 posts League Winner
    Tbf to Messi it's like MJ at the bulls. He's a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ goat. And he will drag a team kicking and screaming to get where he wants to go. It's just not everyone is going to respond well to that
  • arsenalap
    8077 posts League Winner
    Messi has sounded like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for ages.

If he doesn't get his way he sulks. If you believe Messi should have played in another league or not, the fact that he can't even adapt to playing with certain teammates at the same team speaks volumes to me. No way would he ever have moved to a club where he doesn't have as much control.