The Football thread featuring COVID-19: Barcelolna

Comments

• hoban95
    56788 posts National Treasure
    Maverick wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Espanyol relegated. That's a bit of a mad one.

What happened to the club?

I'm not sure, they got European football last year lol
  • Ashy
    12325 posts Has That Special Something
    Hope Havertz goes to Chelsea just to see him in the Prem
  • jpsblue
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 9
    Maverick wrote: »
    Espanyol relegated. That's a bit of a mad one.

What happened to the club?

I'm not sure, they got European football last year lol

Barca fans would be celebrating that massively since they have nothing left to win and it was their game that relegated them lol
  • ccooaattssyy
    13336 posts Has That Special Something
    Chelsea flexing
  • ccooaattssyy
    Werner
    Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

@hoban95 needs a cold shower.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Guendouzi can go as far as I’m concerned. Good player, but doesn’t fit into the team values or ethos. Needs to go to a team full of shithousery.
  • Arsenalfan97
    8350 posts League Winner
    Guendouzi can go as far as I’m concerned. Good player, but doesn’t fit into the team values or ethos. Needs to go to a team full of shithousery.

I’d love torreira to come back and play like he did when he first joined.
  • ccooaattssyy

Torreira (back on form) Partey & Xhaka would be a really good midfielder 3.

Bit of everything there. Xhaka been playing so well under Arteta. Wouldn’t say no to Ceballos on loan again for variety.

433 is the future.
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Torreira (back on form) Partey & Xhaka would be a really good midfielder 3.

Bit of everything there. Xhaka been playing so well under Arteta. Wouldn’t say no to Ceballos on loan again for variety.

433 is the future.

For me Partey isn't a playmaker and we've had an issue of linking everything together recently. When Xhaka or just recently Ceballos don't play we have nothing like that in midfield. Its a worry as Ceballos is leaving, if Guendouzi is also leaving I feel like a 3 man midfield needs someone like Aouar for example, that sort of player.

Xhaka/Torreira
    Partey/Willock
    Aouar/Smith Rowe

Something like that, Saka can also play in a midfield 3 which is handy. But would prefer him as part of the front 3. Got to remember that Ozil is also being frozen out and will leave next summer regardless as his contracts up. So we do need to sign someone to replace the playmaker void.

My top target would be Havertz but he's obviously Chelsea bound. After that second target would be Aouar and then Szloboszlai.
  • Alemas_2012
    19040 posts World Class

Atletico or Real would be perfect...
  • TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner

Atletico or Real would be perfect...

Fabrizio Romano is saying he's been offered to Barca as well as many other top clubs and a lot of top clubs are interested.

Would be nice to get 30-40m quid for him.
  • hoban95
    56788 posts National Treasure
    Werner
    Pulisic Havertz Ziyech

@hoban95 needs a cold shower.

It ain’t done yet but oh my
  • Antparry92
    19482 posts Club Captain
    Glen Johnson spouting absolute gash as usual on talkSPORT this morning
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Care to elaborate?
  • Alemas_2012
    19040 posts World Class
    Looks like betting companies will be banned from football shirts and stadiums in La Liga starting from next season.
    Valencia and Sevilla, along with six other clubs, will have to change their shirt sponsor...
  • Antparry92
    19482 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Care to elaborate?

Just doing his usual, will take someone else’s ‘controversial’ opinion and spout on more *#*# about it. Said Grealish holds on to the ball too long and needs to learn to pass the ball....2nd most chances created this season :joy: also said half the fouls he gets aren’t fouls half the time. He’s awful in the mornings with Jim white, to be fair they both go hand in hand with their awful opinions
  • Tornado31619
    23060 posts Club Captain
    Guendouzi would actually be a good signing for Barça if someone like Xavi can come in and keep him in check.
  • Carlos181
    4289 posts National Call-Up
    Guendouzi would actually be a good signing for Barça if someone like Xavi can come in and keep him in check.

If that happens while Suarez and Vidal are still around, then he won’t have a good time at Barca.
  • he's still only 21, people are too early/eager to write him off just cause he had a few spats and bratty behavior (which I don't condone either yeah but he's got plenty of time to mature). quality footballer in essence.
  • DaftPunk
    1168 posts Professional
    Malang Sarr on a free would be a good signing.
  • Tornado31619
    23060 posts Club Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »

If that happens while Suarez and Vidal are still around, then he won’t have a good time at Barca.

If his idea of having a good time is being pampered to, then his standards need to change if he ever wants to be successful. Unless he’s fine with winning the league year after year and never progressing further than that at a club like Paris.
  • Tornado31619
    23060 posts Club Captain
    Salah or Mané, pick one to keep. Disregard transfer fees etc
  • Pietu
    7414 posts Big Money Move

Nice copy :lol:

Salah
  • Kennyy
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero

Mane all day.
  • Tornado31619
    23060 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »

Salah

Credit to @LFC Simon 98 ;)
  • Pietu
    7414 posts Big Money Move
    Kennyy wrote: »

Mane all day.

Curious, why Mane over Salah?
  • LFC Simon 98
    20263 posts Club Captain

Salah

Credit to @LFC Simon 98 ;)

:D I was going to post it here too tbf to get rival/neutral opinions

For me it’s Salah, not by a distance but I’m certain he’s the better all round player

For people who say Mane, why? I love both obviously and they push eachother. But when I see this discussion people rarely give something Mane is better at and just say “Salah is selfish” or “Salah’s finishing isn’t as good” (both of which are bollocks as Salah has much higher big chance conversion, assists, xp assists and big chances created)
  • chaser2k15
    14912 posts Has That Special Something
    Is the prime stream 4k?
  • Kennyy
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kennyy wrote: »

Mane all day.

Curious, why Mane over Salah?

I think Salah is brilliant, but when the team is brilliant.

I feel like Mane can be relied upon when the team isn’t playing well, and his defensive contributions are better.

Williams got sold out by Ox yesterday, he’d have had a much more comfortable game with Mane ahead of him.

Plus the way he copies Bobby’s celebrations is great 😂