19073 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »
    80* million

*90 million. :D
  • Antparry92
    19487 posts Club Captain
    edited March 28
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Rooney was world class at various points not just early career imo.
    This. He had so much more to his game than just goals

Sorry @ORANGEeffect05 didnt read your comment haha
  • hoban95
    56937 posts National Treasure
    2004-2011 were Rooney's best years imo
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Tbf to Rooney he got pushed further and further back.

The extra weight he was pulling (literally and metaphorically) didn't help
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26561 posts Player of the Year
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Rooney was world class at various points not just early career imo.
    This. He had so much more to his game than just goals

Sorry @ORANGEeffect05 didnt read your comment haha

Haha no worries mate. Was an ever present figure as I fell in love with the sport and the Premier League.
  • CaTriEm
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all-time leading goalscorer.

Wayne Rooney is the England National Team's all-time leading goalscorer.

The lack of respect he gets (as a player), particularly from English people, astounds me.
  • Pietu
    7431 posts Big Money Move
    Happy Birthday to the one and only Teemu Pukki! He turns 30 today!
  • jpsblue
    5725 posts Big Money Move
    Rooney was also more than just goals.

Goals was just one facet of his entire Arsenal. He could pick a pass out from 60 yards, he was creative, he was physical and didn't get pushed around, he linked the attack to the midfield and vice versa all by himself. he had 146 assists for Man Utd in his name.

Sure he could have been better with better coaching and management, however at the end of the day his body is just naturally, *big*, hence why he started decliner sooner than others. One of the best i've seen live

I think a lot of the lack of respect comes from the younger fans who weren't around to watch him at his peak (not having a go at anyone here, see it on twitter all the time)
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    edited March 29
    CaTriEm wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all-time leading goalscorer.

Wayne Rooney is the England National Team's all-time leading goalscorer.

The lack of respect he gets (as a player), particularly from English people, astounds me.

Probably the granny shaggin doesn't help, anyways he's not English

He's scouse
  • Pietu
    You love to see it. Such a trash company.

• Pietu
    Corona numbers in Finland, positive cases 1211, 11 death. How many in your country?
  • MaddMike3711
    12943 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    Corona numbers in Finland, positive cases 1211, 11 death. How many in your country?
    103,000 :(
  • Pietu

That's a lot :grimace:
  • MaddMike3711

Yeah, we’ve had the most in the world now. :(
  • Pietu

Yeah, we’ve had the most in the world now. :(

Let's hope the peak isn't that far away!
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    America has 2-3 weeks before the 'peak'

There's a good chance it'll mutate before we find a vaccine IMO, and it'll follow the same trajectory as the spanish (Tennessee) flu.
  • Pietu
    Mackie17 wrote: »

There's a good chance it'll mutate before we find a vaccine IMO, and it'll follow the same trajectory as the spanish (Tennessee) flu.

I have no clue what the trajectory in the Spanlsh flu was :lol:
  • jenksiee123
    24271 posts Club Captain
    There's' not a chance football is going to be played until at least 6 months imo, and that's probably a best case scenario
  • ccooaattssyy
    13348 posts Has That Special Something
    China probably had the most cases, they just swept a load under the carpet.
  • MaddMike3711
    There's' not a chance football is going to be played until at least 6 months imo, and that's probably a best case scenario
    Personally I don’t think it’s going to be resumed at all. Cases are still rising, deaths in Spain are skyrocketing, and there’s a chance a second wave could be coming.

They’ve also now identified various different “strains” of the virus, and that it’s mutating so the worst could still be yet to come. It’s really scary stuff.
  • Maverick
    7431 posts League Winner
    Personally I don’t think it’s going to be resumed at all. Cases are still rising, deaths in Spain are skyrocketing, and there’s a chance a second wave could be coming.

They’ve also now identified various different “strains” of the virus, and that it’s mutating so the worst could still be yet to come. It’s really scary stuff.

I thought I read mutations weren't necessarily a bad thing. Don't quote me on it, though.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Mackie17 wrote: »

I have no clue what the trajectory in the Spanlsh flu was :lol:

It went about for a year or so unchecked because of WW1 (it actually started from an American farm but allies swept it under the rug so as not to demoralise troops, the Spanish as neutral were the only press to report on it, hence it's name) once it mutated the subsequent virus was twice as deadly and swept the world
  • jenksiee123
    24271 posts Club Captain
    edited March 29

Depends on the strains I guess and what/how bad an effect they have compared to this one. One thing is for sure the world won't be the same once this is over, whenever that may be.
  • Arsenalfan97
    8350 posts League Winner
    China probably had the most cases, they just swept a load under the carpet.

Add another 0 on to their total and you probably get a conservative number of their real case load.
  • Kennyy
    1786 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maverick wrote: »

I thought I read mutations weren't necessarily a bad thing. Don't quote me on it, though.

They don’t necessarily make symptoms worse, just make it harder to make a vaccine for.

They could give everyone a vaccine for the current strain then this time next year it all happens again with a different strain.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Kennyy wrote: »

They don’t necessarily make symptoms worse, just make it harder to make a vaccine for.

They could give everyone a vaccine for the current strain then this time next year it all happens again with a different strain.

With the Spanish flu and the bubonic plague the mutations that made it more lethal eventually stopped the spread of it.. hundreds of thousands died. Think of it like natural selection. Every cell in the world including ours wants to replicate itself by nature. Intrinsically. Viruses are no different. Exceptionally fatal strains of any virus would eventually mutate in to a form where it doesn't kill it's host thus allowing it to continue replicating.
  • Alemas_2012
    19073 posts World Class
    Gundogan saying it would be "OK" to give Liverpool the title even if the season can't be completed...
    Guess only because his good mate Klopp would win it. :D
  • EddieFicio
    22587 posts Club Captain

They are not, a virus main objective is to multiply and spread to as many hosts as possible, a very sick or dead host serves neither of those purposes. Which is one of the main reasons Ebola and other deadlier coronaviruses haven't spread to pandemic levels.

The spanish flu is a big outlier that won't repeat itself in the sence that it mutated to get deadlier but this was due to the world affairs at the time of its spread.
  • Kennyy
    1786 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pick your Belarusian football team now lads.

I’m going for a Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino.

Inb4 Slutsk