IF Trading Guide

RBailss
12051 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 17
IF Trading Guidelines

The method works by a large amount of cards being placed on the market at an inflated price. It relies on lazy buyers who use the console (not proven) who do not take the time to search for the lowest price on players. They search the market and see all the players up at a set price and buy a player, thinking that must be his going rate. There are plenty of theories on why this works, but that's the one i'm going with!

- Please do not argue with each other! The thread will be locked if this occurs.

- Sticking together with prices etc will help each other make coins and keep bickering to a minimum.

- Buy times will be discussed in the thread i'm sure. I propose a buy within a percentage of the lowest range. Something like, do not buy cards unless they are within 5% of their MIN.

- All cards dealt with are 'cheap' IF's, please keep the thread on topic where possible.

- Some people stick to 8-10 cards of the same player. No more no less. Some others prefer just having 1 of each card, test both out & see what works best for you.

- When you sell a card, replace it with another where possible. It's always encouraging to post pics of your sales if you can. This keeps others up to date on sale prices and also helps others who may not have had a sale yet.

- As stated, this relies on a modicum of luck. This is not a quick flip method for making coins and does require some patience/faith. So do not start this method if you cannot spare the coins. Sales may come in the first hour, they may require a few days. This is not an exact science but it does work.

- Chem Cards and Position changes are not required but MAY help with a sale. I would also advise to buy fresh cards for attacking players but it is NOT necessary.

- Stick to the buy prices you agree on. Buying too high will reduce the profit margins for everyone (including yourself).

- Be aware of upcoming events & SBCS which could have an effect on any IF's you are holding/looking to buy. Be smart.

- Above all, respect one another.

QUICK GUIDE AND ANSWERS TO FAQ's

Minimum desired start capital 100k-150k
Patience
1 hour cycles work best
Patience
Best to buy fresh
Patience
For players which haven't hit discard (10k) leave these to hit lowest price for Monday/Tuesday pick up (although Thursdays with FUT Champs rewards may also be a good time to buy).
Have patience
Research the thread
Patience
Make your own decisions
Patience
Don't moan if you do not get a sale
Patience
Stick to IF sales brags
Patience

Credit to @OoSUPERDANoO for the OP.

Comments

• RBailss
    We're back again baby!
  • Ghotti
    2873 posts Fans' Favourite
    here we go again B)
  • Finesse_4days
    7223 posts Big Money Move
    One of my favourite threads last year, cant wait to get started.
  • UM4R
    3936 posts Moderator
    ready to make my money B)
  • Ghotti
    if they are gonna do same thing like it was in f18 with sbc every few weeks on primes i`m in home.
  • Finesse_4days
    I might trade with golds first though as I think you need atleast 150k or so to make the inform method effective.
  • Joestoe
    4933 posts Big Money Move
    Pog. Gonna follow this a lot more for sure. Want to get back into actively trading again!
  • RBailss
    Its always my go to method... This & NIF trading!
  • KaussieMonster
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ready to have a crack again. I fell off FIFA 19 at the second half of its year. Did it grow in sales towards the end?
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 17
    Ready to have a crack again. I fell off FIFA 19 at the second half of its year. Did it grow in sales towards the end?

It fell off once March hit, I stopped IF trading then. Then there were big coins to be made in the early summer when informs went out of packs, but by that point I wasnt trading apart from a few Tots sales mid August after Tots went out of packs. Peak Inform trading time is November to Febuary IMO.
  • CeeQue
    10991 posts Has That Special Something
    This thread is rejoice.pngmjgrin.png

• Vinny1979
    3981 posts National Call-Up
    This the gold method and ucl is super
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    These are the threads that keep me on the forum.

Bring on the coinage.
  • Waldog94
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here we ho again i love the start of the year!
  • rickir1
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Let's go! Another year of juicy profits! Gonna be grinding gold method until I fill my transfer list and then transition into IFs to hold about 50/50 gold and IFs
  • Finesse_4days
    I think the fact that there are no Icon sbcs may impact Inform trading quite significantly. However, I might be wrong and they might be big fluctuations in Sbc fodder IF prices, becuase when there is no Promos and no decent sbcs that require IFS, fodder IFS will be really low becuase of there being no icon sbcs and then can be bought to sell for promo periods like Futmas.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    This method worked just fine before icon SBCs and it’ll work just fine afterwards icon SBCs imo.

There will be an impact but I can’t see it being anything catastrophic.
  • Jordanlippy
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    🐝🐝🐝
  • Baellerin24
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This method worked just fine before icon SBCs and it’ll work just fine afterwards icon SBCs imo.

Yeah, the icon SBCs were only a bonus. The amount of special card releases are ridiculous these days, there will still be SBCs where informs will come up trumps. Only real dedicated players did the Icon SBCs really
  • CeeQue
    10991 posts Has That Special Something
    I think the fact that there are no Icon sbcs may impact Inform trading quite significantly. However, I might be wrong and they might be big fluctuations in Sbc fodder IF prices, becuase when there is no Promos and no decent sbcs that require IFS, fodder IFS will be really low becuase of there being no icon sbcs and then can be bought to sell for promo periods like Futmas.

They could UP the amount of IF's needed for Icon SBC's.
  • Surfy
    1103 posts Professional
    Best time of the year. Love the grind. Have my spreadsheet all ready to go!
  • MikeyP_FC
    12985 posts Has That Special Something
    GL everyone B)
  • maXmood
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    ello ello

back on this again..! good to see some old names :smiley: @RBailss how you doing mate?
  • RBailss
    maXmood wrote: »
    ello ello

back on this again..! good to see some old names :smiley: @RBailss how you doing mate?

I’m good bro, yourself?!
  • maXmood
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    RBailss wrote: »
    ello ello

I’m good bro, yourself?!

all good thnx.. moved to PS4 late 2018, made good coins using all sorts of trading methods i've used on xbox.. they all work the same, except different prices.

gonna stick around the xbox section, it's more alive :wink:
  • RBailss
    RBailss wrote: »
    ello ello

I’m good bro, yourself?!

all good thnx.. moved to PS4 late 2018, made good coins using all sorts of trading methods i've used on xbox.. they all work the same, except different prices.

gonna stick around the xbox section, it's more alive :wink:

I'm the same, moved to PS4 last season but all the guys I get on with are on XBCC!
  • Ghotti

imo its gonna be hugh but lets see what they are gonna do with IF 84+ without its prices for them gonna be around 15-20k
  • BrentfordFC
    12054 posts Has That Special Something
    The overuse of patience. I’m patiently waiting for a moan about no sales :trollface:
  • Henstock
    2697 posts Fans' Favourite
    Going pack-only this year so this is going to be needed more than ever!
  • rickir1
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I posted here yesterday. It's been a whole day and I still have no sales. This methoď obviously does not work :p