The Young Prodigy | Nagelsmann's Story

Comments

• Ashy
    11090 posts Has That Special Something
    The tweets are a good idea, short and to the point. Seems that you’re just looking for cover in key positions now?
    Yea its something new I came up with since in this day and age most of the news comes from high profile twitter accounts then afterwards the likes of BBC/SkySports report it. First transfer window is just me reporting real life transfers but in the future windows I'll be looking at a CDM spot and depending if any key players leave they will need replacing.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Arsenal have some good young talent so it makes sense to try buying one of their attackers. I think Upamecano is a key player, good move not to sell unless they meet the asking price.
    Are you going to try extending Werner or just let him walk?
    Smith Rowe linked with them too unfortunately it didn't happen this summer. Based on real life I will be extending his contract with a low buy-out clause in there so I can't see him staying for long, someone will pick him up in the January window or summer window I'm sure of it
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    nice, these monthly updates. Might keep that in mind for subsequent seasons...
  • Stlducks
    2180 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great graphics, as always. Good first month, Werner player of the month and all positive results.

I like the UCL group, advancing should not be an issue if the team plays to their standards.
  • Daviee x
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good start to the campaign for you finishing the month unbeaten. Graphics are so crisp looking forward to reading more
  • Ashy
    nice, these monthly updates. Might keep that in mind for subsequent seasons...
    Yeah I want to try get through a season every 3 weeks and try get a good few seasons in. May not be as detailed as others but I want fast progress, easy to update too
    Great graphics, as always. Good first month, Werner player of the month and all positive results.
    I like the UCL group, advancing should not be an issue if the team plays to their standards.
    Yes as long as I win all 3 home games I should be good, thats the aim, Werner is so important for us right now
    Daviee x wrote: »
    Good start to the campaign for you finishing the month unbeaten. Graphics are so crisp looking forward to reading more
    Thanks worked on these graphics for a whole week earlier in the summer so just had to get a career story going otherwise I'd have wasted my time haha
  • Ashy
    edited October 2019
    lW7t5GS.png
    C1dT0qK.png

Not a great month at all for RB Leipzig, a loss to Bayern Munich was to be expected but there was no fight from Nagelsmann's men and it was a one sided affair. They bounced back in the UCL with a massive 4-0 win away in Turkey. Wolf was granted his first start of the season and proved every bit why he is going to be a future star with a brace. Going back to the Bundesliga the performance dropped as Werder Bremen who have been really strong this season dominated the game with a 3-1 win, many regarding them as possible title contenders with the way they are playing right now. To end the month we saw Leipzig bounce back with a strong win over struggling Schalke, Nagelsmann has already dismissed a title race this season as consistency is not there yet, a top 4 finish is the aim for this season.
  • Ashy
    edited October 2019
    po9WYCq.png

Youth Academy Graduate
    wt0JBOa.png
  • Stlducks
    Rough league month. Losing to Bayern is expected but the lose to Werder Bremen is upsetting.

What is the main formation being used right now?
  • Daviee x
    Not the best month on paper, but definitely some positives to take from it.
    Positive start to the Champions League campaign, and young Hintermaier could potentially be a very good attacking wingback. what height is he?
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nagelsmann would be disappointed to be so far off the pace so early, but the UCL result shows what the team is capable of.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    It was always going to be a challenge to compete for the title this season the aim should remain to finish in the top four
  • Ashy
    Rough league month. Losing to Bayern is expected but the lose to Werder Bremen is upsetting.
    What is the main formation being used right now?
    I was mainly using 3-5-2 with the wide players a little deeper so it's not too attacking, but I'm thinking of moving to 4-4-2 to see how that goes.
    Not the best month on paper, but definitely some positives to take from it.
    Positive start to the Champions League campaign, and young Hintermaier could potentially be a very good attacking wingback. what height is he?
    I need to have another look but I think he's quite small, around 5ft 9. I'm training him up so I can complete the youth academy objective too so he will develop very fast behind the scenes I hope.
    Nagelsmann would be disappointed to be so far off the pace so early, but the UCL result shows what the team is capable of.
    Yeah we have not seen the best of Leipzig yet, Bayern look like dominating the league so it's about getting back on track and getting amongst the top 4 now
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    It was always going to be a challenge to compete for the title this season the aim should remain to finish in the top four
    I agree, especially with how strong Bayern look right now, that game in itself showed they are a level above us not to mention we have a good young squad that are improving each week together, we will build to challenge them but it doesn't look like this year.
  • Ashy
    a0gEVHq.png
    w6FBYPA.png

Julian Nagelsmann's men kicked off October with a outstanding 6-0 win over Lyon, on a perfect Champions League night in Germany the players delivered on the pitch in a massive way, the formation change to 4-4-2 seems to have changed the way they play becoming more direct and solid at the back still. Ampadu came in and started the game and put in a fantastic performance next to captain Orban. Going back to league football Leipzig were thrown in with a very difficult away fixture against Leverkusen, but they coped with it well and came away with all three points thanks to the combination of Werner and Poulsen once again. Up next was a return to home as Wolfsburg visited and Nagelsmann continues to stick with the 4-4-2 formation that has worked so well in October and once again a big three points taken home with Poulsen putting in a fantastic performance taking his goal tally to eight in the league.
  • exercisebike
    At this rate you could forget about the league and concentration on qualifying for the UCL next season by just winning it this year. Looks too easy!
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great win in the CL, again.
  • JoshDFC
    The team have been ruthless in the Champions League wow ten goals in two games and qualification looks very likely
  • Stlducks
    Outstanding 6-0 win. I think it is save to say up will be advancing in the group barring a major collapse.

• Ashy
    At this rate you could forget about the league and concentration on qualifying for the UCL next season by just winning it this year. Looks too easy!
    I don't know about that haha, our group games are not too hard really, once the knockouts happen if we get there which we should then the difficulty increases massively
    ElMarcos wrote: »
    Great win in the CL, again.
    Thanks, team seems to step up in Europe
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team have been ruthless in the Champions League wow ten goals in two games and qualification looks very likely
    Seems that way, they seem to play with more freedom in Europe, I just need to try get them to replicate it in the league
    Outstanding 6-0 win. I think it is save to say up will be advancing in the group barring a major collapse.
    Yep we are doing fantastic I can see us getting top now so hopefully a nice easy team in the round of 16 in February.
  • Ashy
    edited October 2019
    qYV0rgv.png
    yMPRacb.png

October continued to go to plan for RB Leipzig with a fantastic away win against Benfica to keep their perfect Champions League run going with 3 wins out of 3. Another 3 points in the league took them to 5th place as they put their bad league form behind them. Leipzig are now 3 points away from 2nd place Dortmund and 6 points from leaders Bayern Munich. To end the month we saw Nagelsmann field a weakened team for the Pokal Cup game against Dusseldorf and saying the performance was shocking would be an understatement, the manager had to be pulled away after a major disagreement with a couple of players.
  • Ashy
    ii9hrjt.png
  • Stlducks
    Shocking loss in the cup match but playing a weakend squad will do that sometimes.

The important trophies are still alive with the league performances improving and the UCL form being perfect.
  • Daviee x
    Looking very comfortable in the Champions League so far. hopefully you can take some of that confidence into your other competitions this year. tough loss in the cup though
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    It looks like the team has a bit trouble with the games on a lower level than the UCL. Bayern seems very solid with their 25 points from 9 games.
  • WestardLord
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    The team's UCL form is looking perhaps most exciting right now. Hopefully some of that can translate to Bundesliga. Are the lineups significantly different between competitions?
  • JoshDFC
    Disappointing loss in the cup always a risk when you make changes that the cup upset happens hopefully the team respond in the right way
  • ElMarcos
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Two good wins in both the Champions League and the Bundesliga. Interesting to see where you Will end up. Losing in the cup is an absolute upset.
  • Wiggie44
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Climbing up the league now, things are looking good! Incredible goals record in the UCL so far
  • exercisebike
    Well placed in the league now, as I can’t see Bremen maintaining that form.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    This looks good. Again, I love the per month lay-out.
    This month appeared the team charged up for the Benfica-game, then slightly underestimated the national opponents Freiburg and Düsseldorf. It's typical for teams that rely on talent, more than experience: there are just these games that they can't make it happen, simply because the underwhelming name of the opposing team doesn't motivate enough.
  • Ashy
    Shocking loss in the cup match but playing a weakend squad will do that sometimes.
    The important trophies are still alive with the league performances improving and the UCL form being perfect.
    Yes the weakened squad let me down at least we can focus on the big two competitions now and give this Bundesliga title race our all
    Looking very comfortable in the Champions League so far. hopefully you can take some of that confidence into your other competitions this year. tough loss in the cup though
    I don't quite understand why we are so good in the UCL, I feel like that will transfer to our league form sooner or later though
    DB1512 wrote: »
    It looks like the team has a bit trouble with the games on a lower level than the UCL. Bayern seems very solid with their 25 points from 9 games.
    Bayern look unstoppable right now, unfortunately that's how the game is coded right now they won't drop many points so it's difficult to get ahead of them
    The team's UCL form is looking perhaps most exciting right now. Hopefully some of that can translate to Bundesliga. Are the lineups significantly different between competitions?
    No not really, we play our best team in the UCL mainly sometimes other players come in, same as in the league though I just try play my best eleven who are fit enough