The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    9936 posts League Winner
    All great chronicles must come to an end. Ive purchased Ruud Gullit for 4.1M.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9936 posts League Winner
    First game he was class but not as clinical as I’d like.
  • Reus
    23229 posts Club Captain
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Might buy a PIM striker in the next few weeks and just stick with them till the end of the game as an RTG of sorts.

Nah, so many of them look great, gotta try them all

Exactly how I feel. I have about 30 PM Icons on the watch list just waiting to see what one I pick.

Who are you looking for @Reus ? I think my new striker will be PM Raul, PM Del P, PM Socrates, PM Dalglish, or boring old 95 Pele. Can't pick which one I want to try first though.

Pretty much all of them

Especially all the mid/low tier strikers and cams who now look way better

Likes of shevchenko, Larsson, crespo, baggio etc etc
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    89 blanc is the best cb I used so far in this fifa. Even though he has ‘only’ 79 pace, he’s most of the time in the right position. Passing is good, pretty agile for a big guy. Can’t recommend him enough. Brought in RTTF Militao next to him since 4 games. Great pairing so far.

Also wanted to say that 91 Cruyff is much, much better than the 89.

Could not agree more with both statements.

Militao rttf and Blanc 89 have been a pair in my team for 500 games.

I then upgraded Militao to Toty De Ligt which is very, very good as well, and I'd say on par with Blanc. I find them together to be a perfect combo.

Agree for Cruyff as well. Prime is excellent too, and much more clinical with even better passing, but I feel there may be a bigger difference between 89 and 91 than between 91 and 94.

Also, I repeat it, but prime Gullit is far superior to mid Gullit. All of his "flaws" are gone. Especially the passing which is superb with prime. Much more clinical too, and just more solid overall defensively. Feels stronger and more present.
  • DougInskip
    7045 posts League Winner
    If you can only take one, who you having? Pim Dinho or Pim kaka? I’m assuming kaka cause Dinho is bound to drop over the next month?
  • Scutch
    13314 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 17
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I know Cannavaro has some hype, I get it I like his Prime too, but no way his PM should be almost a mil more than Blancs PM.

Prime Cannavaro was/is better than prime and mid Blanc for me. Superb.
  • sofyanm
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    DougInskip wrote: »
    If you can only take one, who you having? Pim Dinho or Pim kaka? I’m assuming kaka cause Dinho is bound to drop over the next month?
    Kaka, he looks awesome
  • Maradona
    4833 posts Big Money Move
    only talk about PIMs but Koeman didn't do well in WL... I want to replace him, is VVD NIF still a viable option? or is there an icon better than VVD? I need some good passing besides pace and defense...
  • Ashy
    10590 posts Has That Special Something
    Any love for Prime Desailly? Defence and strength, aggression combo looks great, good height and pace only downside is agility and balance and passing...

I see lots of love for Blanc and Cannavaro just wondering whether or not to spend my 1.2m on Desailly or not
  • Swanz05
    1338 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Any love for Prime Desailly? Defence and strength, aggression combo looks great, good height and pace only downside is agility and balance and passing...

I see lots of love for Blanc and Cannavaro just wondering whether or not to spend my 1.2m on Desailly or not

I've used those big boys & I couldn't say I love him no. Not compared to the alternatives. He's very good no doubt but...Canna - incredible positioning, jumping, agility & quicker than his stats suggest...Blanc - smooth & the mid is cheap & arguably as good as the prime...Rio - just a big thug really. Using Canna & Rio atm & it's the best combo for me so far. In comparison Desailly didn't seem to excel in any particular area. With the others you can see what you're getting for the coins.
  • Ashy
    10590 posts Has That Special Something
    Swanz05 wrote: »

I've used those big boys & I couldn't say I love him no. Not compared to the alternatives. He's very good no doubt but...Canna - incredible positioning, jumping, agility & quicker than his stats suggest...Blanc - smooth & the mid is cheap & arguably as good as the prime...Rio - just a big thug really. Using Canna & Rio atm & it's the best combo for me so far. In comparison Desailly didn't seem to excel in any particular area. With the others you can see what you're getting for the coins.

I'll give Cannavaro a go what chem would be best? Shadow for the big pace boost or anchor for the slight pace boost and strength, aggression and jumping boost?
  • Swanz05
    1338 posts Professional
    Swanz05 wrote: »

I'll give Cannavaro a go what chem would be best? Shadow for the big pace boost or anchor for the slight pace boost and strength, aggression and jumping boost?

Good choice I reckon. Either of those chem styles will do. I use shadow. Don't worry you can afford it lol
  • SweetJesus101
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    used today the base version of socrates and wow , what a card.. i imagine his other versions
  • bouyouhou
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any thoughts on Raul 92?

Also considering prime blanc, prime cannavaro, pim nesta, pim baresi, pim moore and pim hierro. Any advices?
  • JuliantbX
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 17
    bouyouhou wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Raul 92?

Also considering prime blanc, prime cannavaro, pim nesta, pim baresi, pim moore and pim hierro. Any advices?

Raul 92 had the best finishing (on the left) in the game for me. I used him for around 20 wl (first 20, so basically the easier ones) and o my god. His finishing was out of this world.

I didn’t like his first touch and his right foot. People now he’s left and defend that side, but his right foot didn’t do it for me.
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    89 blanc is the best cb I used so far in this fifa. Even though he has ‘only’ 79 pace, he’s most of the time in the right position. Passing is good, pretty agile for a big guy. Can’t recommend him enough. Brought in RTTF Militao next to him since 4 games. Great pairing so far.

Also wanted to say that 91 Cruyff is much, much better than the 89.

Could not agree more with both statements.

Militao rttf and Blanc 89 have been a pair in my team for 500 games.

I then upgraded Militao to Toty De Ligt which is very, very good as well, and I'd say on par with Blanc. I find them together to be a perfect combo.

Agree for Cruyff as well. Prime is excellent too, and much more clinical with even better passing, but I feel there may be a bigger difference between 89 and 91 than between 91 and 94.

Also, I repeat it, but prime Gullit is far superior to mid Gullit. All of his "flaws" are gone. Especially the passing which is superb with prime. Much more clinical too, and just more solid overall defensively. Feels stronger and more present.

Problem with Gullit is that on PS4 he’s almost 4m more expensive. I really can’t afford that unfortunately. 90 Gullit did amazing this weekend. Only used prime in 18. Absolute animal. I used TOTY de Ligt with VVD and that pairing got me E1. 1.1m atm at Ps4, not ready to spend another 400k on defence. Right now I spent like this:
    Attack: 4m (Neymar, UT 90 Mbappe, 91 Cruyff, 85 Osimhen (sold otw yedder))
    Midfield: 5 mil. (90 Gullit, FB Paulinho. May get Kante again soon. Not sure)
    Defence: 1.8m (toty Robertson UT, 89 blanc, rttf Militao, Zambrotta UT, ter stegen)

Osimhen Will ofc be replaced. Not sure by who though. Yedder seemed too weak and I want Neymar and Cruyff in the middle.
  • Warrrap
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bought prime moments barnes and lineker.

Lineker is very very good, agile, with the best finishing Ive seen. I don't need 4 star skills so it's good. Fully can recommend this card to my poor forumers as myself.

Barnes I am not sure. he was godly in draft, but I think I need more games to tell. Has potential for sure.

Primes brought back fun in the game for me.
  • Marto7
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is Cr7 nominee worth 500k more than NIF ?
    Also is cr7 good on 8 chem? I have option Figo prime + CR7 10 chem or Garrincha 92 + Cr7 on 8 chem
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    3635 posts National Call-Up
    Marto7 wrote: »
    Is Cr7 nominee worth 500k more than NIF ?
    Also is cr7 good on 8 chem? I have option Figo prime + CR7 10 chem or Garrincha 92 + Cr7 on 8 chem

No
    Yes
  • ccooaattssyy
    9936 posts League Winner
    Anyone used PIM Baresi?
  • CJW1992
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi everyone , looking at a PIM striker to go with 91 Eusebio- been using Prime Kenny and he’s great just want something new ! I’m not really a skiller but a good WF is essential , does anyone have reviews for ;
    PIM Butra
    PIM Kenny
    PIM Henry (nostalgia!!)
    Thankyou
  • CJW1992
    Anyone used PIM Baresi?
    Only used him in draft so hard to tell but his tackling is so clean , felt really smooth just got exposed with pace a few times but that could be down to my bad defending 🤣
  • DeanoZoff
    4552 posts National Call-Up
    Pim Seedorf or pim Nedved as a cdm set to get forward in 4231?

Also is it worth selling 91 Eusebio for pim Butra?
  • bouyouhou
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hesitating so much between prime blanc, prime cannavaro, pim nesta, pim baresi, pim moore and pim hierro. Any advices?
  • CJW1992
    Hesitating so much between prime blanc, prime cannavaro, pim nesta, pim baresi, pim moore and pim hierro. Any advices?
    Only played with Prime Cannavaro(in my team) PIM Baresi (draft) and mid Blanc but cannvaro is by far the best out of those for me personally
  • jmaurizio
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 17
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Obviously Seedorf, you can’t disrespect Nedved like that
  • Warrrap
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

CDM Nedved. I saw it all :D
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional

Yes. Take Blanc. The 89 is pretty much as good as the prime too.
  • DougInskip
    7045 posts League Winner
    sofyanm wrote: »
    DougInskip wrote: »
    Kaka, he looks awesome

Yeah man, hopefully under 6 soon. Not paying 15 mil for Dinho
  • Kojima8
    1025 posts Professional
    Wow... just had a terrible experience with PIM R9 in draft...
  • Warrrap
    Kojima8 wrote: »
    Wow... just had a terrible experience with PIM R9 in draft...

Ive got many pims that outperformed pim R9 in draft.