The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

  • Crop_Dust3r
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    Färjestad wrote: »
    Anyone used 88 Lothar at cm?

    I'm using him at CM in a 442 and CDM occasionally in 4231 paired with TOTY De Jong.

    I packed him untradeable so I'm making use of him. He seems to do everything well but not amazing. Good shot on him from ours the box and quick enough to annoy players in the midfield.

    Dribbling was better than I expected, too. Using him with engine.

    Probably better midfielders out there for the coins but if you have him in your club already he's worth a shot.

    @Färjestad
  • Scutch
    12865 posts Has That Special Something
    Chaps, IF CR7 (LW) or prime Nedved to play as a LCAM?
  • Yoshi
    3876 posts National Call-Up
    i hate missing deals. fu if one if u got it
  • Propagandyy2
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scutch wrote: »
    Chaps, IF CR7 (LW) or prime Nedved to play as a LCAM?

    CR7
  • Chappy
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    Yoshi wrote: »
    i hate missing deals. fu if one if u got it

    What was it?
  • Eddie Jones
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    anyone use 90 Guardiola?

    Or anyone else worth trying in this price range at CDM?
  • Wondering who would be better as a CM in a 41212, 89 Socrates or 92 Pirlo. Need a player who can pass and score.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13677 posts Has That Special Something
    anyone use 90 Guardiola?

    Or anyone else worth trying in this price range at CDM?

    Keane?

    88 Petit for another 50k?
  • Eddie Jones
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    anyone use 90 Guardiola?

    Or anyone else worth trying in this price range at CDM?

    Keane?

    88 Petit for another 50k?

    Cheers my man. Guardiola did not cut it.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13677 posts Has That Special Something
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    anyone use 90 Guardiola?

    Or anyone else worth trying in this price range at CDM?

    Keane?

    88 Petit for another 50k?

    Cheers my man. Guardiola did not cut it.

    I know @Pugzilla plays a ton with Keane
  • Eddie Jones
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    anyone use 90 Guardiola?

    Or anyone else worth trying in this price range at CDM?

    Keane?

    88 Petit for another 50k?

    Cheers my man. Guardiola did not cut it.

    I know @Pugzilla plays a ton with Keane

    I’ll give him a go tomorrow for sure. Thanks @MikeyP_FC
  • James Libby
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »
    Yea people say it's so easy to trade but it still a grind. I don't have the patience for it.

    It was MUCH easier to play games for rewards and build Icon SBCs. I miss them.

    I will never be able to get Gullit Cruyff etc in my team like I did last year ÀND THAT is very sad.

    It’s ok you have TOTY Mane so don’t be sad B)

    Fair but It's taken so much time to trade up to even afford a player like him and I don't play as much. I want Gullit as he is my favorite player the last 2 years. He is a monster. Just like an American football player and bullies people. @ha032742

    Is Mane tradeable? If so sell him and put the coins towards Gullit my man.

    He is but I'm still a million short if I do that.

    A million is nothing...just learn to trade, it’s not rocket science especially for a high school kid with a high GPA like you.

    Yes I just don't have the patience or time. I've successfully traded some this year already.

    Ok, I’m sure @COACH has told you many times that you don’t get anything in this life for free.

    Yeppers. Got it.

    Wait, is this the artist formerly known as hjdudududujsjdud?!????
  • bouyouhou
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Scutch wrote: »
    Prime Kaka is the worst icon I’ve used.

    Really? Why?
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    Reus wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Top end icons feel really inaccesible this year imo. Gullit is going to sit at 4M for ages now. There is no impending SBC doom that will crash his cards.

    With how easy trading is I dont agree

    Iv got way way more coins than iv ever had

    I normally have 2 or 3 mill just doing a few cycles of the nif method a day

    This year the same thing has made me 9 mill

    So easy to make a fortune

    On Xbox?

    This is the xbox section is it not

    Most traders are PS4!
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    @Pugzilla are you a full time streamer?
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    Wondering who would be better as a CM in a 41212, 89 Socrates or 92 Pirlo. Need a player who can pass and score.

    Probably Socrates.
  • Warrrap
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeaaah prime Kaka sucks.

    Prime Hugo Sanchez > mid Dalglish

    but if you want to see how bad composure look. Try Sanchez. With higher composure he would be one of the best strikers.
  • Littleland95
    17327 posts Moderator
    Warrrap wrote: »
    Yeaaah prime Kaka sucks.

    Prime Hugo Sanchez > mid Dalglish

    but if you want to see how bad composure look. Try Sanchez. With higher composure he would be one of the best strikers.

    That Hugo Sanchez composure thing doesn't make any sense at all.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9669 posts League Winner
    Warrrap wrote: »
    Yeaaah prime Kaka sucks.

    Prime Hugo Sanchez > mid Dalglish

    but if you want to see how bad composure look. Try Sanchez. With higher composure he would be one of the best strikers.

    That Hugo Sanchez composure thing doesn't make any sense at all.

    Classic EA
  • Scutch
    12865 posts Has That Special Something
    bouyouhou wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    Prime Kaka is the worst icon I’ve used.

    Really? Why?

    To be honest, the gameplay yesterday was atrocious. It was so, so bad. I had sold Maradona and didn't have a CCAM to use behind R94, so I decided to use my Prime Kaka for the 7 game loan.

    He was slow (like, really slow), his passes were all over the place, he was through on goal twice and shot well wide. He just didn't do anything a NIF 10k players couldn't do. Infact, they'd have been better in that gameplay. I was so disappointed, more so because I actually wanted him at one point when he first came out and I'd have wasted a lot of coins.

    Anyway, he has 1 game left and I'll never use him again. But I will admit, once again, that the gameplay didn't help at all. I went from Friday/Saturday 11-2 to Sunday 2-9 and I just decided I'd had enough. I was getting beaten by Prem NIF sides while on Friday I was hammering teams like that.
  • jimbeam3678
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rayren25 wrote: »
    Kenny Prime or Maradona Prime as a second striker next to Agüero Scream ?

    Off topic but how is Scream Aguero ?
  • JuliantbX
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    Time for me to save up for Eusebio. 89 Cruyff just doesn’t seem solid enough at finishing. Anyone had similar ‘issues’? Multiple occasions he had a great angle for an easy goal and just missed the target.
  • Kaspani
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    Time for me to save up for Eusebio. 89 Cruyff just doesn’t seem solid enough at finishing. Anyone had similar ‘issues’? Multiple occasions he had a great angle for an easy goal and just missed the target.

    I love Cruyff at cam. Euse 91 and Messi at ST 👌🏼👌🏼
  • Waltonmark1984
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Scutch wrote: »
    bouyouhou wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    Prime Kaka is the worst icon I’ve used.

    Really? Why?

    To be honest, the gameplay yesterday was atrocious. It was so, so bad. I had sold Maradona and didn't have a CCAM to use behind R94, so I decided to use my Prime Kaka for the 7 game loan.

    He was slow (like, really slow), his passes were all over the place, he was through on goal twice and shot well wide. He just didn't do anything a NIF 10k players couldn't do. Infact, they'd have been better in that gameplay. I was so disappointed, more so because I actually wanted him at one point when he first came out and I'd have wasted a lot of coins.

    Anyway, he has 1 game left and I'll never use him again. But I will admit, once again, that the gameplay didn't help at all. I went from Friday/Saturday 11-2 to Sunday 2-9 and I just decided I'd had enough. I was getting beaten by Prem NIF sides while on Friday I was hammering teams like that.

    Same experience. Went 12&2 fri/sat to 17&8. I left it there. Just couldn’t get anything going in attack and no matter what formation I played I was wide wide open at the back.
  • bouyouhou
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Scutch wrote: »
    bouyouhou wrote: »
    Scutch wrote: »
    Prime Kaka is the worst icon I’ve used.

    Really? Why?

    To be honest, the gameplay yesterday was atrocious. It was so, so bad. I had sold Maradona and didn't have a CCAM to use behind R94, so I decided to use my Prime Kaka for the 7 game loan.

    He was slow (like, really slow), his passes were all over the place, he was through on goal twice and shot well wide. He just didn't do anything a NIF 10k players couldn't do. Infact, they'd have been better in that gameplay. I was so disappointed, more so because I actually wanted him at one point when he first came out and I'd have wasted a lot of coins.

    Anyway, he has 1 game left and I'll never use him again. But I will admit, once again, that the gameplay didn't help at all. I went from Friday/Saturday 11-2 to Sunday 2-9 and I just decided I'd had enough. I was getting beaten by Prem NIF sides while on Friday I was hammering teams like that.

    Thanks mate. To be honest it happened to me yesterday too with Eusebio 89... scored 16 in his first 8 games (with 5 rage quit before half time) then, all of sudden he stopped scoring for like 6 games. That gameplay...
  • JuliantbX
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 20
    Kaspani wrote: »
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    Time for me to save up for Eusebio. 89 Cruyff just doesn’t seem solid enough at finishing. Anyone had similar ‘issues’? Multiple occasions he had a great angle for an easy goal and just missed the target.

    I love Cruyff at cam. Euse 91 and Messi at ST 👌🏼👌🏼

    I'm comparing him with NIF Neymar atm, and Neymar just seems more clinical. He just completely missed the target on a few occassions. Maybe I'll try him out just a WL more and then judge.

    Might replace him when a POTM Ben Yedder arrives. That must be an insane card.

    Also look at this @Chappy i know how you feel hahaha.

    b38341092f8ec285ab83cac703ddb1d7.gif
  • Scutch
    12865 posts Has That Special Something
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    Kaspani wrote: »
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    Time for me to save up for Eusebio. 89 Cruyff just doesn’t seem solid enough at finishing. Anyone had similar ‘issues’? Multiple occasions he had a great angle for an easy goal and just missed the target.

    I love Cruyff at cam. Euse 91 and Messi at ST 👌🏼👌🏼

    I'm comparing him with NIF Neymar atm, and Neymar just seems more clinical. He just completely missed the target on a few occassions. Maybe I'll try him out just a WL more and then judge.

    Might replace him when a POTM Ben Yedder arrives. That must be an insane card.

    Also look at this @Chappy i know how you feel hahaha.

    b38341092f8ec285ab83cac703ddb1d7.gif

    The finishing is so broken, particularly with elite players like this. 5* weak foot at circa 90 composure, more depending on chemistry. The amount of times icons hit the post is ridiculous.

    Patch should sort it..... :|
  • ZeFeZ
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    A more overall review after 100 games.
    Also take this review a bit

    Prime Cruyff

    Overall

    Rating: 10/10
    Pace Rating: 9/10
    Dribbling Rating: 10/10
    Shooting Rating: 10/10
    Passing Rating: 10/10
    Physical Rating: 8/10
    Defending Rating: N/A

    Pace:

    Nothing to say about honestly, just rapid fast.

    Dribbling:

    Just amazing, he feels so much smoother on the ball than the middle.

    Shooting:

    Problem I had with the 91 was he felt really like a hit and miss around the box, some games he would score the most amazing goals and yet the other game he would hit the post and miss shots that should have gone it.

    With the prime that issue is gone for me, hit shot is actually much better than the 91.

    Passing:

    Passing on the 91 was already amazing so on the 94.

    Nothing else to say about it.

    Physical:

    He actually feels pretty strong on the ball, and wins back a lot of balls.

    Defending:

    N/A

    Overall:

    He is a lot better than the 91, you actually feel it in-game.
    Is he worth the 2m extra over the 91? Don't think so, unless he's a player you loved to watch.
  • TitanX
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Base kaka packed. Thinking of playing him at cm in a 433-2. Anyone tried him?
  • any icons better than the TOTY players in their position for like the same price? so like any icon RB better than Trent for around the same price as an example
Sign In or Register to comment.