The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Rb10119 wrote: »
    TOTY Mbappe or R94?

I preferred R94 only because of his double 5* and I grew up in the 90s watching him play.
  • killer xavi
    2916 posts National Call-Up
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    TOTY Mbappe or R94?

Play my Mbappe and find out 🤭
  • Kamilflage
    5996 posts Big Money Move
    TOTY Mbappe or R94?

If you can, consider TOTY CR7...hes out of this world
  • BaseCamp
    1474 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    Tried R94 and toty Mbappe tonight. Not even comparable. R94 is leaps better. All the sitters youll miss with Mbappe R9 hits. Also 5*wf. Cant compare toty Cr7 as I havent tried him. Mbappe would be better as an outside cam, or lm/rm with that said.

Im baffled the two cards are the same price given the quality difference. The only thing mbappe is better at is passing.

Playing on 2 bar I even won a game verse a guy who went 30-0 the other weekend because of an r9 banger.

Still unsure about toty messi. Weird card. Toty mane is a very good outside player. Outrageously fast.
  • killer xavi
    BaseCamp wrote: »
    Tried R94 and toty Mbappe tonight. Not even comparable. R94 is leaps better. All the sitters youll miss with Mbappe R9 hits. Also 5*wf. Cant compare toty Cr7 as I havent tried him. Mbappe would be better as an outside cam, or lm/rm with that said.

Im baffled the two cards are the same price given the quality difference. The only thing mbappe is better at is passing.

Playing on 2 bar I even won a game verse a guy who went 30-0 the other weekend because of an r9 banger.

Still unsure about toty messi. Weird card. Toty mane is a very good outside player. Outrageously fast.
    You’re tryna tell me it gets even better than Mbappe up front👀 Because this dude is ridiculous besides a few occasional misses, ill agree with that. Other than that, this dude is a menace. His speed and dribbling gets me out of so many situations therefore allowing me to create so many more opportunities
  • Agent Murhawk
    8644 posts League Winner

Damn hearing that from you makes me want to sell TOTY Mbappe and I haven't even used him :lol:
  • Rb10119
    2344 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    TOTY Mbappe or R94?

If you can, consider TOTY CR7...hes out of this world

Either of them will be partnerin him @Kamilflage
  • BaseCamp
    1474 posts Professional
    Mbappe is really quick and has really fast dribbling obviously I just dont think he feels like a 5 million coin striker by any means. Great passing. As a wide cam in 4231 or lm/rm in 442 hes probably the #1 option. Just at striker you need precision. I only played 4 games with Mbappe in draft on 10 chem but wasnt wowed.

Toty messi feels like a pitbull. But not sure I dont like the fluidness of his if more. Ill need to play more with him.
  • killer xavi
    Mbappe is really quick and has really fast dribbling obviously I just dont think he feels like a 5 million coin striker by any means. Great passing. As a wide cam in 4231 or lm/rm in 442 hes probably the #1 option. Just at striker you need precision. I only played 4 games with Mbappe in draft on 10 chem but wasnt wowed.

Toty messi feels like a pitbull. But not sure I dont like the fluidness of his if more. Ill need to play more with him.

Interesting. I’ve played R9 before and I know the one thing you can’t do is give him any sort of shot, otherwise you’ll pay. Does R9’s M/M work rates affect him in any way? Seen mixed reviews on him this year
  • Warrrap
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waiting for the crash to buy R94 :D I wont pay current prices when I remember what was pre toty..
  • Kamilflage
    5996 posts Big Money Move
    Warrrap wrote: »
    Waiting for the crash to buy R94 :D I wont pay current prices when I remember what was pre toty..

I think lowest I saw R94 was just north of 4.7 on bids, but I'm sure people got him cheaper than that too
  • Ghtotti
    93 posts Park Captain
    Prime matthaus or mid vieira cm with defensive instruction? Next to gullit
  • Milanista28
    1388 posts Professional
    Ghtotti wrote: »

I like the 1 big 1 small combo, Matthaus looks sick as well.
  • Ghtotti
    93 posts Park Captain
    edited January 15

I like the 1 big 1 small combo, Matthaus looks sick as well.

Problem is that i like two big ones :D long legs help with interruption
  • killer xavi

Vieira is brilliant. TOTY Kante is a step up from him though if you really want to stretch it a bit. These two recover balls for days for me atm
  • ccooaattssyy
    9902 posts League Winner
    edited January 15
    91 Kaka is pretty good actually. Felt decent physically, and was very clinical both in terms of finishing & chance creation (some top drawer assists). 6'1" is nice.

Shooting is my biggest concern. What chem style you use mate? @ccooaattssyy

Loan card, so basic. He’s decent. Really good placement on his shots.
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional

Vieira is brilliant. TOTY Kante is a step up from him though if you really want to stretch it a bit. These two recover balls for days for me atm

Love both and Kante is by far the better player on the ball, the more agile and quick player, but he's always badly positioned for me defensively, as my sole CDM, despite STAY BACK instruction. Vieira on the other hand is always exactly where I'd expect him to be.

Although I prefer playing with Kante, I feel way more secure and strong at the back with Vieira, and have therefore sold Kante to go back to mid Vieira. Cheaper too.
  • Orison
    52932 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Vieira is super average this year imo.

Yes he's a great defender, but he can't shoot, dribble or pass. Limits him way too much in fifa 20 and the way that game is played.
  • Warrrap
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    Vieira is super average this year imo.

Yes he's a great defender, but he can't shoot, dribble or pass. Limits him way too much in fifa 20 and the way that game is played.

Agreed. Had 88 Vieira on loan and the quality wasn't there.
  • Rickmord
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good price for 89 Eusebio. Decided to give him a go as he seems to be this threads darling.
  • Rickmord
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rickmord wrote: »
    Good price for 89 Eusebio. Decided to give him a go as he seems to be this threads darling.

Basically have 5.6m for a str and cm/cdm. Hoping for kante toty and 89 eus unless you guys have any better ideas. Thanks
  • sofyanm
    3448 posts National Call-Up

Basically have 5.6m for a str and cm/cdm. Hoping for kante toty and 89 eus unless you guys have any better ideas. Thanks

That's great
    Bought him last saturday, he's so good you won't regret buying him
    A good price is 3.3M flat, icon market is a bit high atm
    This will leave you 2.3M for you cm/cdm, best options are indeed Kanté. Others options are De Jong and Prime Essien
  • bouyouhou
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    I might change my zidane 94 after playing almost 1 000 games with him. Absolutely love him but i would like to try something else. Who would you recommend? I was thinking of Kaka prime or Cruyff 91. Any reviews on them? Zizou plays as a CAM.
  • IamFrench
    1658 posts Play-Off Hero
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

I played with Pelé 95/91 & Eusebio 93 (I think Eusebio 89 is similar). Eusebio is another level, the best ST I've played this year. 5* WF is just too good.
  • IamFrench
    1658 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is left back Zambrotta better than base Bobby Carlos?

The best LB for me (not tried TOTY Robertson), much better than Carlos 88
  • sofyanm
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    IamFrench wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    So I know the general consensus is that Eusebio is fantastic but looking at him (91 version) compared to 95 pele it looks like pele should be better.

For anyone that has used both which would you choose as a st and why?

Like the idea of pele’s 5* skills but really don’t want to waste 150k in tax if he doesn’t play to his stats.

I played with Pelé 95/91 & Eusebio 93 (I think Eusebio 89 is similar). Eusebio is another level, the best ST I've played this year. 5* WF is just too good.

This
    Pelé is a fraud, he's good on draft but nowhere near Eusebio's level even though he has better stats
    Dis his prime sbc last year, he was sooo bad
  • Cyklon
    2792 posts Fans' Favourite
    In a 4411 Which would be the better choice :

R94 ST 91 Eusabio CF
    Toty CR7 ST R94 CF

Anyone used them that can give me an idea ?
    Never used a Eusabio card as yet, I have R94 already and he is insane and while the idea of the Ronaldo partnership is great but I keep hearing so much about Eusabio on the forum I'm starting to wonder !
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    Cyklon wrote: »
    In a 4411 Which would be the better choice :

R94 ST 91 Eusabio CF
    Toty CR7 ST R94 CF

Anyone used them that can give me an idea ?
    Never used a Eusabio card as yet, I have R94 already and he is insane and while the idea of the Ronaldo partnership is great but I keep hearing so much about Eusabio on the forum I'm starting to wonder !

Anything with TOTY Ron in it as he is the best forward on the game period !
  • IamFrench
    1658 posts Play-Off Hero
    Remember that you can unlock TOTY CR7 for 7 games (or unlimited in Friendly). It is a very good thing to have an opinion!

55e09d5cc88033b1adb9115cb76a1967.png
  • JuliantbX
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    xFATAL wrote: »
    TOTY De Bruyne isn't really that good at CAM, don't get the hype. 96 Messi is a far superior player and 1 mil cheaper

TOTY don't feel like their stats suggest IMO unlike last year where you really felt the difference. Used De Bruyne when he first release a few games but I wasn't blown away. Also wasn't impressed with TOTY Mane. I have TOTY Robertson in my team now and after 20 games I can honestly say he doesn't feel much different than NIF.

TOTY Robertson is so much better than the NIF, not even close.

Same with Frenkie, not even close.

But if you feel like that just buy other players of course.