The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• ha032742
    36356 posts Moderator
    edited January 14
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    Is R94 alot better than 89 Eusebio?

In crap gameplay I preferred Eusebio as he still feels somewhat agile but I did miss the running scoop turn and quickness of the skill moves with R94. I think it’s very close between them in terms of finishing but obviously R94 is able to hold the ball up better against VVD etc. Overall Eusebio is better value and also gives a strong link to TOTY CR7 so I kept him >:)
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    Any one played with TOTY VVD yet ? Is he worth it over the great ones like Blanc Maldini Militao rttf etc. ?

See the last page of the WL thread @Roc_Xel :)

Thanks mate, just did. Would also be interested in opinions here if someone tried this TOTY VVD, but was a good read. Cheers.
  • Legend Killer
    1199 posts Professional
    87 Stoichkov or 90 Pirlo for CAM in a 3412? I’m assuming Hristo is the better option.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any one played with TOTY VVD yet ? Is he worth it over the great ones like Blanc Maldini Militao rttf etc. ?

Thanks mate, just did. Would also be interested in opinions here if someone tried this TOTY VVD, but was a good read. Cheers.

@Roc_Xel

Have TOTY VVD untradeable.

Next to Scream Pique he's not all that. Pique seems more active a pulls off most of the tackles. VVD stands around watching the show go down.

Next to 90 Thiago Silva, VVD was the man. Outshining him in every way and dominating attackers.

Played him at CDM quite a bit now (think I found his position) and he rules the pitch. Hassles everyone. Not much gets past him, but when it does, he recovers and chases them down like a mad man. In this position he's already made a few assists and scored 2 goals.

His dribbling is far better than I expected and passes are super powerful and accurate (using catalyst).

I wouldn't pay for him, but since I have him for free, I'm making it work 👍
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional

@Roc_Xel

Have TOTY VVD untradeable.

Next to Scream Pique he's not all that. Pique seems more active a pulls off most of the tackles. VVD stands around watching the show go down.

Next to 90 Thiago Silva, VVD was the man. Outshining him in every way and dominating attackers.

Played him at CDM quite a bit now (think I found his position) and he rules the pitch. Hassles everyone. Not much gets past him, but when it does, he recovers and chases them down like a mad man. In this position he's already made a few assists and scored 2 goals.

His dribbling is far better than I expected and passes are super powerful and accurate (using catalyst).

I wouldn't pay for him, but since I have him for free, I'm making it work 👍

Interesting, thanks.

Will not get him in fact I think, as I have Blanc and Militao and love both of them so much. Could sell Blanc but then VVD would not be on full chem and I dont want to play with someone other than Ter Stegen for now in goal, so he would not be full chem either.
  • Craftydevil
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any recommendations on cb to partner prime nesta
  • Roc_Xel
    1063 posts Professional
    It's so so sad the way EA dealt with prime icons this year I mean it's just pathetic.

There is one prime Eusebio (ps4) on the market since yesterday, sitting at 9 mio. Prime Cruyff is completely too expensive compared to 91. Such a small supply it's really ugly.

I am so happy with my team right now, have 3 mio in the bank but the only thing i really wanna do is base Eusebio to his prime and maybe mid Cruyff to his prime but at these prices it's impossible. Prime Eusebio should be like 2 mio more than his base, tops, and Cruyff probably 1 mio.
  • Bread
    197 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is Hugo Sanchez bad?
  • jonas1904
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 14
    I have toty VVD too , is so aggressive sometime AI makes tackles , always win the 50/50 and have a awesome pass
    It’s the best CB in game by far , tried toty de ligt but feel a bit clunky for me. The best CBC duo for me atm it’s RTTF Militao and VVD
  • Kojima8
    1013 posts Professional
    TOTY Ronaldo is calling my name... 3 games in a row my 89 Eusebio has missed absolute sitters.
  • killer xavi
    2915 posts National Call-Up
    Kojima8 wrote: »
    TOTY Ronaldo is calling my name... 3 games in a row my 89 Eusebio has missed absolute sitters.

It’s all in your head
  • CovLee_Candice
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 15
    91 Kaka is pretty good actually. Felt decent physically, and was very clinical both in terms of finishing & chance creation (some top drawer assists). 6'1" is nice.

Shooting is my biggest concern. What chem style you use mate? @ccooaattssyy
  • JimmyVulmer
    6460 posts Big Money Move
    in a 4231 would you rather have
    CAM: Gullit
    CDMs: 88 Vieria and TY Kante

or
    CAM: Ben Yedder, Neymar
    CDM: TY Kante and Gullit

Kante is untradeable
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    Gullit and Kante in CDM

ney in front perfect

I’m enjoying KDB CAM with Kante Gullit CDM’s. I really don’t like Gullit when he plays CAM @Propagandyy2
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up
    TOTY De Bruyne isn't really that good at CAM, don't get the hype. 96 Messi is a far superior player and 1 mil cheaper
  • James Libby
    6499 posts Big Money Move
    Prime Henry is more horned than a stegosaurus.
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 15
    TOTY De Bruyne isn't really that good at CAM, don't get the hype. 96 Messi is a far superior player and 1 mil cheaper

TOTY don't feel like their stats suggest IMO unlike last year where you really felt the difference. Used De Bruyne when he first release a few games but I wasn't blown away. Also wasn't impressed with TOTY Mane. I have TOTY Robertson in my team now and after 20 games I can honestly say he doesn't feel much different than NIF.
  • GeTRiGhT
    10268 posts Has That Special Something

I'm glad you like him but I wish I could hear from many other people that love him too. I don't tho.
  • Chappy
    3377 posts National Call-Up
    xFATAL wrote: »

TOTY don't feel like their stats suggest IMO unlike last year where you really felt the difference. Used De Bruyne when he first release a few games but I wasn't blown away. Also wasn't impressed with TOTY Mane. I have TOTY Robertson in my team now and after 20 games I can honestly say he doesn't feel much different than NIF.

TOTY Kante is an absolute monster.
  • Muzza11
    9435 posts Has That Special Something
    Is 90 Gullit worth the coins?
  • JimmyVulmer
    6460 posts Big Money Move
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Yes
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Chappy wrote: »

TOTGS probably feels the same.
  • killer xavi
    2915 posts National Call-Up
    Any icons that can run the wide roles in a 4222?
  • Chappy
    edited January 15
    Chappy wrote: »

TOTGS probably feels the same.

I wouldn't know, but I kind of doubt it.
  • Chappy
    Muzza11 wrote: »

I'd say he is the best CM money can buy, but I'm not sure I'd say he's worth the coins.
  • Swanz05
    1305 posts Professional
    GeTRiGhT wrote: »

I'm glad you like him but I wish I could hear from many other people that love him too. I don't tho.

Here's one. I love him.
  • GeTRiGhT
    Swanz05 wrote: »

Here's one. I love him.

Yay! 2 of you now. What other top tier striker have you used @James Libby @Swanz05

Libby kinda disqualified bc of his bias
  • Swanz05
    1305 posts Professional

Here's one. I love him.

Yay! 2 of you now. What other top tier striker have you used @James Libby @Swanz05

I've used a few. Think I said in your post where you were asking a few days ago that I prefer him over my 2nd fave Eusebio.

• Crop_Dust3r
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone think TOTY De Jong would be an improvement over 88 Matthaus as a CM/CDM?

Have Matthaus untradeable so he would be benched but that De Jong card keeps calling me.
  • GeTRiGhT

Here's one. I love him.

I've used a few. Think I said in your post where you were asking a few days ago that I prefer him over my 2nd fave Eusebio.

Dang. You liked him more than Eusebio. That's high price.
  • Rb10119
    2344 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTY Mbappe or R94?