Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• TitanX
    420 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maradona 91 or Cruyff 89?
  • czesiek
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    czesiek wrote: »
    Who will be better as CM/CDM in 442 or 4231:
    Baby Blanc or Scream Firmino?

Anyone used them both?
  • Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    Played against 89 Gerrard and he bullied me, gargantuan ingame
  • Dawud wrote: »
    Played against 89 Gerrard and he bullied me, gargantuan ingame

been saying it, he's absurdly good. once he gets going there's no stopping him. and then 10 seconds later he's making a last ditch tackle on your goal, you're like wait whaaaaa

• AntraXxX
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sell Neymar to fund 88 Overmars and 87 Sar?
    Overmars will play as a striker next to 89 Van Basten in a 3-5-2.

Overmars (Neymar) - Van Basten
    Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

The only thing that keeps me from saying a full YES is: Neymars 5* skills and his 94 composure. But that nostalgia as being an Ajax fan..

Advices please?! :smiley:
  • Dodds
    8735 posts League Winner
    Eventually got Prime Zanetti! :love:
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    AntraXxX wrote: »

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

The only thing that keeps me from saying a full YES is: Neymars 5* skills and his 94 composure. But that nostalgia as being an Ajax fan..

No, unless you don’t mind making your team worse?
  • AntraXxX
    Danic123 wrote: »

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

Overmars 88 with Deadeye gives him almost no weaknesses apart from that 5* skills and maybe 84 composure or some other dribbling stats where Neymar obviously excels in.
    Or how do you see it? Thanks for your input anyhow!
  • kdm48
    11 posts Ball Boy

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

Overmars 88 with Deadeye gives him almost no weaknesses apart from that 5* skills and maybe 84 composure or some other dribbling stats where Neymar obviously excels in.

Used 88 Overmars over the weekend and I really didn't think he was anything special. While he is rapid, his shooting and passing is rather average, especially compared to someone like Neymar, and him missing 5* skills is a huge downside. You could get scream Adama and get the same output as Overmars
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

It’s the dribbling mate. Overmars is a similar style player but just worse. Even if Neymar was 3* skills, he’d still be better.
  • #speculate

EJ2EWrdWwAAJRbD.jpg:large
  • AntraXxX
    kdm48 wrote: »

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

Used 88 Overmars over the weekend and I really didn't think he was anything special. While he is rapid, his shooting and passing is rather average, especially compared to someone like Neymar, and him missing 5* skills is a huge downside. You could get scream Adama and get the same output as Overmars

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

Litmanen
    Bale Semedo
    Vidal - De Jong OTW
    Telles - Pique - Militao
    Oblak (Van der Sar)

It’s the dribbling mate. Overmars is a similar style player but just worse. Even if Neymar was 3* skills, he’d still be better.
    Thanks both! Keeping Neymar it is.
  • Wyojasond
    13297 posts Has That Special Something
    holdenwait wrote: »
    #speculate

My head hurts just thinking about doing another Icon grind 😂 I honestly would probably do something cheap like Moore at CB (thinking of building an all-England team)
  • Tjco
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ZeFeZ wrote: »
    Anyone used 89 Cruyff? Any reviews on him?

He seem way overpriced which is my concern.

Just bought him and i play him in st! Dribbling is nice and his shots are crazy!
  • tom4s
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    holdenwait wrote: »
    #speculate

Is this confirmed, or just guesswork?
  • not confirmed, just something posted online. wouldn't count on it but wouldn't be shocked if it's exactly same either
  • holdenwait wrote: »
    #speculate

I might be crazy but I think I’d rather have that Alberto instead of Desailly even if they cost the same amount of tokens. That Alberto card is elite IMO.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32900 posts National Team Captain
    Hypothetically if that was correct, I’d deffo take Alberto or Nedved.
  • Propagandyy2
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Has anyone used Gullit is he worth it? You think he and Messi could carry a team?
  • Wyojasond
    13297 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone tried Shearer? Thinking of trying a ST with more of a physical presence, but worry about moving him if he doesn’t workout 🤷‍♂️
  • Lackosweat
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    Guys i need you to convince me to do or not to do a crazy idea i ve been entertaining for a few days. Now it will seem crazy at first but read it entirely before judging.

I am considering strongly to buy mid Best for a CM position (and as a wide cam, see below). I play 41212(2) and very often too 42222. Have Neymar as my cam with Mbappe and CR7 as my two ST (both first owners). I thus need a RW (as Neymar is LW so have to start with wingers for chem) and since i got my 3 forwards my RW/RM will play CM. Currently have IF Naingo.

Now. Unlike most RW, best does not have 36 defense but 57. My two other mids are very defensive (mid Petit and Allan rttf). With a sentinel, Best still has 90 pace 90 shooting and 93 dribbling but gets 68 def and 77 phys. 68 def is more than pogba or de bruyne who are often played as cm, especially pogba. Would also allow me to have one of my 3 mids very attacking.

Last but not least, when switching to 4222 which i do so often, almost every game, i have two insane wingers (wide CAMs) with neymar and Best (can even put mbappe on the wing and Best ST).

I know it sounds crazy, but given the above, is it really ?

Thanks for reading and extremely interested in your opinions.

Edit: just meant to add he d be covered (Best as a CM on the right) by prime zanetti as a RB and mid Petit as a CDM with cover wings instruction.

Why not Base Best ? He has great stamina to play at CM

Mate thats a great idea. Thanks. Do you find the whole idea crazy or not really ?

Not really. Any pacy players with good stamina will work well at CM. That’s how the game works unfortunately.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been using 88 Best as a CM next to Gattuso in 442 and he's been exceptional. Awesome attacking runs and decent stamina.

Good pairing overall
  • jpsblue
    4648 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2019
    i need help. Im 2 tokens off Rio who would partner RTTF Gomez, however, i sort of want 87 Carlos Alberto at CB next to him eventually, a brute on one side like Gomez, and the agile CB Capita on the right, which means getting Rio locks my 2 CB positions. Should i grind a bit more and get Zanetti at RB despite having FB Piszcek and just use NIF Militao next to RTTF Gomez for now? or is it a waste and rio + gomez will be good enough with FB Piszcek too
    Post edited by jpsblue on
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    Base Cannavaro or base hierro next to Virgil?
  • Kaspani
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jpsblue wrote: »
    i need help. Im 2 tokens off Rio who would partner RTTF Gomez, however, i sort of want 87 Carlos Alberto at CB next to him eventually, a brute on one side like Gomez, and the agile CB Capita on the right, which means getting Rio locks my 2 CB positions. Should i grind a bit more and get Zanetti at RB despite having FB Piszcek and just use NIF Militao next to RTTF Gomez for now? or is it a waste and rio + gomez will be good enough with FB Piszcek too

Similar position to you, 2 tokens needed for Rio... zero motivation to complete them. Personally getting Rio so I can be done with icon swaps and to complete my cbs for the year
  • Anybody here used middle Nakata? Can he work like an attack minded CM in a 4 4 2? Thanks in advance!
  • jpsblue
    4648 posts National Call-Up
    Kaspani wrote: »

Similar position to you, 2 tokens needed for Rio... zero motivation to complete them. Personally getting Rio so I can be done with icon swaps and to complete my cbs for the year
    Yeah ima say f it and get Rio. Rio and Gomez are more than good enough for now and I can buy 88 seedorf as my CM next to Allan. Was thinking a cheaper option like Essien but I think I need seedorf’s attacking abilities more
  • lido12
    225 posts Sunday League Hero
    Base Cannavaro or base hierro next to Virgil?

same question
    but mid hierro have high composure comepared to base
    or base maldini on 7 chem i dont know
  • Bobby7
    98 posts Park Captain
    Best icon CAM/CF/ST for around 600k?
  • Rb10119
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite

That Rio feels agile