Fifa 20 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32189 posts National Team Captain
    Anyone used 88 Veron that can give a quick review?

@hoban95
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32189 posts National Team Captain
    90 Butra or 87 Dalglish?

Skill moves is not an issue for me.
  • Salgaldo
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 15
    Have tried petit, ballack and blanc beside zidane as cm in 4-4-2. Yesterday i tried William Carvalho. What a card! He is at least as good as anyone one of them. His stats lying. Hidden gem and most underpriced player in the game.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18214 posts World Class
    Have about 1.2m for an ICON CM. Not sure who the best option is. 86 Gullit? Will be CM in 4411 with SIF Nain beside him.

Alternatively could sell RTTF Dybala again and get 91 Kaka CAM and 88 Veron as the CM.

Any other CM’s you’ve enjoyed let me know guys.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15238 posts World Class
    92 Garrincha is simply amazing.
  • Warrrap
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special

He is so expensive now :(
  • Littleland95
    17143 posts Moderator
    Have about 1.2m for an ICON CM. Not sure who the best option is. 86 Gullit? Will be CM in 4411 with SIF Nain beside him.

Alternatively could sell RTTF Dybala again and get 91 Kaka CAM and 88 Veron as the CM.

I'm using 86 Barnes as left CM in my 4411 team. He's very good for me.

Hear good things about 86 Gullit though.
  • Simmo
    3687 posts National Call-Up

Blanc
  • jonas1904
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited November 15
    Im really tempted to try him , but my Messi had like 600 games a 500 goals, it’s a club legend. Now playing at ram but I love that little guy o much.
  • Warrrap
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jonas1904 wrote: »
    Im really tempted to try him , but my Messi had like 600 games a 500 goals, it’s a club legend. Now playing at ram but I love that little guy o much.

Keep Messi please

Waste of the stats :D
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15238 posts World Class

Barnes is amazing. Play him in midfield 4312.
  • Alright lads, I need a ccam for about 7-800k
    Thinking figo,zola,Socrates,Baggio or rivaldo.I already have Ronaldinho 91 lcam and have sold pretty much everything for this ccam.Opinions please :)
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15238 posts World Class
    KagSon wrote: »
    Alright lads, I need a ccam for about 7-800k
    Thinking figo,zola,Socrates,Baggio or rivaldo.I already have Ronaldinho 91 lcam and have sold pretty much everything for this ccam.Opinions please :)

Baggio possibly.
  • McRaven
    4770 posts National Call-Up
    90 ADP or 87 ADP at ST?
  • Simmo
    87 as a ST
    90 st CAM/CF
  • McRaven
    4770 posts National Call-Up
    Simmo wrote: »
    87 as a ST
    90 st CAM/CF

I'm guessing because of the workrates? 90 has better stats except pace.
  • Dukesy16
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    All about 91 Maradona
  • Olleman
    13270 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 15
    Is Baby Guardiola worth it over the likes of Allan etc? Dunno if I should grind for all tokens and get him or Jay Jay :#
  • LFC Simon 98
    18214 posts World Class

Blanc

Cheers lads.

Barnes I’m not gonna use just because I will get his Prime when it’s out. Blanc I hadn’t considered tho. Could be a v good shout considering I also change to 352
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15238 posts World Class

Blanc

Cheers lads.

Barnes I’m not gonna use just because I will get his Prime when it’s out. Blanc I hadn’t considered tho. Could be a v good shout considering I also change to 352

You can't go wrong with Diggers price.
  • Blackbird10
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A couple from me:

Seedorf 85 - very good box to box CDM/CM, no obvious weaknesses, incredibly strong and fast, great at bursting into the box and tracking back to muscle players off the ball. Play him at RCM in a 433-4 alongside OTW Frenkie.

Zanetti 92 - so glad I took this guy from icon swaps, what a card. So good on and off the ball. Surprisingly wins a few headers despite his jumping, guess it's because he has good aggression. I'm tempted to use Engine on him to boost the agility and max out his crossing which is already fantastic. Absolutely an end game card.

Plus, both of those in my team allows me to start Storyline Politano at RM which is a bonus.
  • jonas1904
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited November 15
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9G5FxXN

If I had nice gameplay have a lot of fun with my team. If not it’s only rage.

• IamFrench
    1484 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dukesy16 wrote: »
    All about 91 Maradona
    IamFrench wrote: »
    After more than 100 games with Maradona 91 in Division Rivals/FUT Champs. It is time to write a small review, and at the same time compare Maradona with another Argentinian: Leo Messi

Team:
    b28eab064514bbd0934984285f1c5b23.png

He plays ST in 41212(2) with Neymar and Messi in CAM.

Speed: 9/10
    He is very very fast, his stat in pace is real. When he takes the depth, it is difficult for the opponent to come back. Compared to Messi, he is slightly faster but Messi looks faster than his card suggests.

Shooting: 7.5/10
    Excellent longshot, but in the box you feel his lack of shot power. I also do not feel his 92 curve, and his 89 finishing. It is true that the goalkeepers are incredible this year but I would rather shoot with Neymar or Messi than with Maradona. Messi is much better in finishing 1vs1 or even finess, it's very simple with Messi.

Passing: 9/10
    Excellent passer, he can play all positions in attack. Messi/Maradona, both are well above average. Short pass, long pass... it's a joy to play football with these players.

Dribbling: 9.5/10
    Not even need to perform skills, his ball control is enough to eliminate the opponent. The ball literally sticks his feet. It's very very exciting and it's meta this year. Messi excels just as much in this area, but advantage to Maradona who has 5* in skills.

Physical: 7.5/10
    He is much more resistant than his card suggests, not least because of 91agility/98 balance that makes him stay very well on his legs against defender who is trying to defend on him. Messi is also difficult to take the ball from him, it is difficult to choose who is the most physical.
    Obviously it's not a tank either, sometimes Maradona will get destroyed but overall it did not pose me a problem quite the contrary.

3* WF vs 4* WF:
    Messi has 4, Maradona has 3.... And in the big games, it makes the difference especially when Maradona's shooting is not as good. When you shoot with the right foot, the shot is not often dangerous and as good players know how to defend, they do everything to take Maradona on his right foot.

Fortunately, Maradona's dribbles are incredible which allows you to get to his left foot most of the time, but it's still a big problem especially against a Messi who, left foot or right, no matter, it's often goal. Big advantage to Messi on this point.

Positioning: 9/10
    Maradona has an excellent positioning and especially thanks to his H/M, which Messi does not have. He constantly makes calls in depth, combined with his speed and technique it often makes the difference. It's a big point of Maradona.
    Messi, meanwhile, will more often ask for the ball in the feet. It's not a flaw, it's a different style.

In the big games, who's the best ? Maradona or Messi ?
    Well... It's Messi who is most effective in big games against very good opponents because if the opponent manages to contain Maradona on his right foot, he will be put in trouble and with Maradona, you have to have 3 or 4 shots to score a goals, 1 or 2 for Messi. In big games, it really makes a difference.

Conclusion:
    Excellent player, incredibly fun but has flaws that prove important in difficult matches. If you were to buy an Argentinian, try playing with Leo Messi instead !

1572511445-1.jpg

• hoban95
    49788 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Anyone used 88 Veron that can give a quick review?

@hoban95

Great on the ball, fantastic shot, very good passing, decent physicals and the tiniest bit slow as a harsh critique.
  • Dukesy16
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brilliant review and agree pretty much with all of
    That.
    All about 91 Maradona
    After more than 100 games with Maradona 91 in Division Rivals/FUT Champs. It is time to write a small review, and at the same time compare Maradona with another Argentinian: Leo Messi

Team:

He is very very fast, his stat in pace is real. When he takes the depth, it is difficult for the opponent to come back. Compared to Messi, he is slightly faster but Messi looks faster than his card suggests.

Excellent longshot, but in the box you feel his lack of shot power. I also do not feel his 92 curve, and his 89 finishing. It is true that the goalkeepers are incredible this year but I would rather shoot with Neymar or Messi than with Maradona. Messi is much better in finishing 1vs1 or even finess, it's very simple with Messi.

Excellent passer, he can play all positions in attack. Messi/Maradona, both are well above average. Short pass, long pass... it's a joy to play football with these players.

Not even need to perform skills, his ball control is enough to eliminate the opponent. The ball literally sticks his feet. It's very very exciting and it's meta this year. Messi excels just as much in this area, but advantage to Maradona who has 5* in skills.

He is much more resistant than his card suggests, not least because of 91agility/98 balance that makes him stay very well on his legs against defender who is trying to defend on him. Messi is also difficult to take the ball from him, it is difficult to choose who is the most physical.
    Obviously it's not a tank either, sometimes Maradona will get destroyed but overall it did not pose me a problem quite the contrary.

3* WF vs 4* WF:
    Messi has 4, Maradona has 3.... And in the big games, it makes the difference especially when Maradona's shooting is not as good. When you shoot with the right foot, the shot is not often dangerous and as good players know how to defend, they do everything to take Maradona on his right foot.

Fortunately, Maradona's dribbles are incredible which allows you to get to his left foot most of the time, but it's still a big problem especially against a Messi who, left foot or right, no matter, it's often goal. Big advantage to Messi on this point.

Maradona has an excellent positioning and especially thanks to his H/M, which Messi does not have. He constantly makes calls in depth, combined with his speed and technique it often makes the difference. It's a big point of Maradona.
    Messi, meanwhile, will more often ask for the ball in the feet. It's not a flaw, it's a different style.

Well... It's Messi who is most effective in big games against very good opponents because if the opponent manages to contain Maradona on his right foot, he will be put in trouble and with Maradona, you have to have 3 or 4 shots to score a goals, 1 or 2 for Messi. In big games, it really makes a difference.

Conclusion:
    Excellent player, incredibly fun but has flaws that prove important in difficult matches. If you were to buy an Argentinian, try playing with Leo Messi instead !

1572511445-1.jpg

• sofyanm
    2298 posts Fans' Favourite
    is 740k a good price for 87 Carlos Alberto?
  • jpsblue
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 15
    I’m also thinking about an icon cm in a 442 next to Allan. Was thinking 88 seedorf? He looks like a beast and I want a more attacking option with his work rates too. Barnes M/M don’t think will suit me in a 442

88 seedorf is my max budget too btw
  • Yoshi
    All about 91 Maradona

Team:

3* WF vs 4* WF:

Conclusion:

1572511445-1.jpg

Nice review le French. Excited to use him after reading it all. Waiting for that zizou review as well :)

7bbdfafd07fde34a0e650a6688ad871a.png
  • Simmo
    jpsblue wrote: »
    I’m also thinking about an icon cm in a 442 next to Allan. Was thinking 88 seedorf? He looks like a beast and I want a more attacking option with his work rates too. Barnes M/M don’t think will suit me in a 442

Yeah 88 Seedorf with Allan as you need one box to box and one more defensive
  • jonas1904
    63 posts Park Captain
    jpsblue wrote: »

Yeah 88 Seedorf with Allan as you need one box to box and one more defensive

It’s my midfield atm, I have a relationship of hate/love with Seedorf. Sometimes is absolutely magical, sometimes fail a really simple choices. But I’m not see a player like him with the price range. I’m thinking maybe screen Firmino