Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    14915 posts Has That Special Something
    @Stlducks i think it’s actually been delayed a few weeks. Usually comes out around the third week of September but I think Fifa 21 launches October 6th. Few days earlier with EA Access preorders usually though.
  • theroyalschamp
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hello all.
  • Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 13
    Hello all.

Ello

4pm hype will career mode be good this year?
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Hello all.

Ello

4pm hype will career mode be good this year?

Just the little things I posted the other day have me hyped, so only up from here 😂
  • Wyojasond
    Here’s a link that shows some of the changes to CM. Pitch notes should hopefully be updated later today as well 😎 I’m excited. Will be back with a new story for sure 👍

https://realsport101.com/fifa/fifa-21-career-mode-trailer-countdown-when-is-it-how-to-watch-what-to-expect-latest-newsmore/
  • theroyalschamp
    I’m thinking coming back with a thread for Fifa 21. Not sure what team yet.
  • LAboog4
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    I am very excited about the CM changes. Jumping in and out of games is something that peaks my interest. I really get bored when up 3-0 with 15 minutes left and I am just messing around seeing the game out. It will be nice to skip the remaining minutes in blowout games.

Developing players in new positions is a nice addition. As long as the AI transfers are improved and teams are not winning 100 points every season consistently, I'll be happy.
  • Ashy
    edited August 13
    Reading the pitch notes and they have impressed me

Think I'll do a visual sim career story for 6 weeks then when PS5 is out I'll do a proper one since saves don't cross over
  • Wyojasond
    Any of you guys get a Beta code? I know we can’t talk about it, just curious if you guys got one? Nothing for me so far 😢
  • Ashy
    Any of you guys get a Beta code? I know we can’t talk about it, just curious if you guys got one? Nothing for me so far 😢

Not this year, can't remember if I got one last year but I definitely did the one before
  • theroyalschamp

Same here

• JDB44
    242 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Has anyone started thinking about who they want to start a career with in FIFA 21? I am thinking of playing a tournament or CL mode just to get a feel for teams I never use to see who I should start a new career with when the game comes out. Someone in Germany, Portugal or Belgium is what I'm leaning towards.

Italy was my top choice but no Juventus or Roma kind of ruins it.
  • Wyojasond
    JDB44 wrote: »
    Has anyone started thinking about who they want to start a career with in FIFA 21? I am thinking of playing a tournament or CL mode just to get a feel for teams I never use to see who I should start a new career with when the game comes out. Someone in Germany, Portugal or Belgium is what I'm leaning towards.

I’m debating if I want to choose a team in the championship or go with a bottom tier team like Brighton.

At this point I’m just gonna use the first month to test things out as you can’t carry over your career with the new systems. As soon as I get the Series X I’ll start my real story.
  • Ashy
    edited August 16

Italian league is a no with Rome FC and Piemonte, French league hardly has scans or stadiums so no. It's between Germany, Spain and England.

I know when the Ps5 comes out predicted 20th November I'll do an Arsenal one but between start of October and then which is about 6 weeks I'll do one with another club. With this save based a lot on the visual sim and trying to do a season every 9 days, I'll be able to get 5 season's done.

Feeling like I should go Germany/Spain and a mid table or smaller club, and build them into UCL/title challengers in those 5 years, it's between...

1. Hamburg (Mertesacker manager)
    2. Leeds United (Bielsa manager) *If Elland Road is in
    3. Real Sociedad (Xabi Alonso manager)
    4. Hertha Berlin (Jesse Marsch manager)
    5. Benfica (Gallardo manager)
  • JDB44

I’m debating if I want to choose a team in the championship or go with a bottom tier team like Brighton.

At this point I’m just gonna use the first month to test things out as you can’t carry over your career with the new systems. As soon as I get the Series X I’ll start my real story.

Based on other stories I have seen you do (as I silently read through careers on here...) I think a team like Harrogate would be someone to your liking. First time ever in one of the top leagues, first time ever being in FIFA. Add in the element of the salary cap and league 1 and league 2 have some fun challenges.

Italian league is a no with Rome FC and Piemonte, French league hardly has scans or stadiums so no. It's between Germany, Spain and England.

I know when the Ps5 comes out predicted 20th November I'll do an Arsenal one but between start of October and then which is about 6 weeks I'll do one with another club. With this save based a lot on the visual sim and trying to do a season every 9 days, I'll be able to get 5 season's done.

Feeling like I should go Germany/Spain and a mid table or smaller club, and build them into UCL/title challengers in those 5 years, it's between...

1. Hamburg (Mertesacker manager)
    2. Leeds United (Bielsa manager) *If Elland Road is in
    3. Real Sociedad (Xabi Alonso manager)
    4. Hertha Berlin (Jesse Marsch manager)
    5. Benfica (Gallardo manager)

I'm leaning towards Benfica as one option, just because I really like Jan Vertonghen and they are in a league I enjoy watching.

I know I have not done a lot of stories on here, probably not since FIFA 19 or 18? But one thing I learned, I only stick with a team for a few seasons. Instead of a thread about a career at a club, I'm going to create a fictional character and move around throughout the seasons to try winning trophies in different leagues.
  • Ashy
    The issue with moving from club to club I find it's difficult because the system they have in place it's rare to get job offers from club teams and the selection of looking for a new job is very minimal, also impossible I think to do it at the end of a season so you are starting a new one with the new club
  • JDB44
    That is concerning, I have only switched clubs a few times, usually I just restart. The times I have switched I was either fired or left mid season but I do remember the lack of options when switching. Hopefully FIFA 21 brings better choices.
  • Ashy
    Decided to do Hertha Berlin, I like their project after doing a bit of research into the teams I considered. Now to find a way to present my story with minimal effort so I can get through it successfully :D
  • Stlducks
    3227 posts National Call-Up
    I am leaning towards Valencia because of the financial crisis they have going on. Having to sell all big earning first-team players and rebuild the squad seems like a good challenge.
  • Wyojasond
    I’m leaning more and more towards doing a Brighton story when the new console comes out. Will do a test run with Liverpool to start, but I really like the team Brighton has and I have a few ideas. Also playing around with a few championship teams as options.
  • Stlducks
    I’m leaning more and more towards doing a Brighton story when the new console comes out. Will do a test run with Liverpool to start, but I really like the team Brighton has and I have a few ideas. Also playing around with a few championship teams as options.

I thought about Brighton last year, they have a great stadium and some exciting players plus room to build. I think they would be a good choice.

Eze going to Palace made me want to use them. He's one of my favorite players to watch not on Spurs.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »

I thought about Brighton last year, they have a great stadium and some exciting players plus room to build. I think they would be a good choice.

Eze going to Palace made me want to use them. He's one of my favorite players to watch not on Spurs.

Yeah I really like Eze too so would be fun to do. If Brighton do end up getting Brewster, I’ll 100% be doing a Brighton story 😂😂
  • Alastair
    10233 posts Moderator
    Still not decided who I’m gonna use for my first CM. Not seen anyone with 2 super nice kits yet
  • dannyboy
    12917 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    Still not decided who I’m gonna use for my first CM. Not seen anyone with 2 super nice kits yet

Shouldn't Hereford be in FIFA by now? B)
  • Alastair
    10233 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »

Shouldn't Hereford be in FIFA by now? B)

FIFA 21 was meant to be the one. Now it’ll be FIFA 23.
  • Ashy
    Some career mode videos coming out from today

• Ashy
    Tables are fixed, woohoo!
  • Stlducks

How do you think transfers will be this year? More realistic?
  • Ashy
    Stlducks wrote: »

How do you think transfers will be this year? More realistic?

From the videos I've seen I'm not sure, people been using the 'loose' option
  • Stlducks
    I'm going to do a Palace career but if Spurs get Bale I think I'm going to have to do a Spurs career mode first just to experience Bale on Spurs again.
This discussion has been closed.