Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    Let's hope the squad update is either ready now or in a few hours because a lot of teams are not updated yet, not starting the CM until it happens

How are they not updated? Like deadline day transfers?
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same here. Premium access unlocked but no updated squads: Schøne, Dolberg and De Wit still at Ajax...
  • WestardLord
    1856 posts Play-Off Hero
    Probably a day 1 patch at the official wide release
  • Wyojasond
    14151 posts Has That Special Something
    Probably a day 1 patch at the official wide release

I hope not. That’ll ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    You cant release early access that people pay for and not the updates squads with many players on the wrong teams or wrong contract/wage info
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA always releases unfinished with lots of bugs that take a couple months to fix. Squads aren't even the worst of it anyway.
  • Danimal5981
    I can live with ratings not being up to date, because they will keep changing as we go, but transfers need to be spot on at least.
  • Wyojasond
    Yeah the fact squads aren’t updated is pretty frustrating. I can understand bugs and other outstanding issues but we literally wait close to 3 weeks after the transfer window closes for this game so they can presumably have it up to date.

I was hoping to play a bit tonight but won’t be touching CM mode til it’s lined out. EA doing themselves no favors again.
  • Ashy
    edited September 2019
    @Alastair can you pass it on to someone important?
    The transfer window has been closed for almost 3 weeks now, no excuse
  • Danimal5981
    Just realized, maybe - just maybe - the squads are like you'd enter the European play-offs.
    In that case, 22nd Aug squads are -indeed- accurate.
  • Ashy
    Schick is at Roma on sofifa, and Augustin is at Leipzig and they both transferred on deadline day so they are in wrong squads as will many others
  • Ashy
    Apparently there may be a squad update at around 11pm tonight, squad updates usually happen on Thursdays so its expected, really think EA should have planned to do it before actually releasing early access
  • Wyojasond
    Apparently there may be a squad update at around 11pm tonight, squad updates usually happen on Thursdays so its expected, really think EA should have planned to do it before actually releasing early access

I can deal with that, but agree it should have been up and ready to go already. Guess I’ll keep playing around with scoreboard ideas 😂
  • Danimal5981
    First impression is good, though the game intro makes me laugh with Real Madrid scoring against Ajax: we all know how different that ended last time round <burn>

They'd need to beef up the levels, first game at legendary against comparable team was already a 3-0 win.
  • Ashy
    • I've seen people post issues with AI team line-ups fielding worse teams that last Fifa, some cases it seems teams are fielding their worst eleven for a PL game! and the pitch notes said they fixed this.
    • Dynamic potential isn't working properly apparently
    • One person had a PL table finish with Newcastle 2nd place 75 points, Man City 10th on 49 points, Arsenal 12th on 47 points and he was neither of these teams!

I'm wondering if the manager avatar glitch is still in the game since the beta but I won't find out until tomorrow morning when I get on, the glitch basically is if you join another club your manager avatar turns into whatever manager the club you join so if you join PSG it's a default manager like in Fifa 19 or if you join Liverpool it's Klopp.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2019

11 pm has passed my end, or did you mean UK time? @Ashy
  • Ashy

11 pm has passed my end, or did you mean UK time? @Ashy

Just what some guy on reddit said assuming it's UK time but who knows
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator
    @Alastair can you pass it on to someone important?
    The transfer window has been closed for almost 3 weeks now, no excuse

I’ll flag it up. :+1:
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spurs squad is updated. I updated squads and they have Lo Celso and Sessegnon. Not sure about teams with the later transfer deadline. I only checked for a minute and had to go.
  • Ashy
    edited September 2019
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Spurs squad is updated. I updated squads and they have Lo Celso and Sessegnon. Not sure about teams with the later transfer deadline. I only checked for a minute and had to go.

From what I can tell it's any transfer after 20th August (20th August -2nd September)
    Here are the top 50 that are in the wrong team, probably missed some, many more...
    Zappacosta - Chelsea - Roma
    Sturridge - Liverpool - Trabzonspor
    Slimani - Leicester - Monaco
    Ribery - Bayern - Fiorentina
    Fraser Foster - Southampton - Celtic
    Renato Sanches - Bayern - Lille
    Sanchez - Man Utd - Inter
    Locadia - Brighton - Hoffenheim
    Mirallas - Everton - Antwerp
    Elyounoussi - South - Celtic
    Monreal - Arsenal - Real Sociedad
    Nkoudou - Spurs - Besiktas
    Mitroglou - Marseille - PSV
    Adrien Silva - Leicester - Monaco
    Gnagnon - Sevilla - Rennes
    Joao Mario - Inter - Lokomotiv
    Dolberg - Ajax - Nice
    Claude-Maurice - Lorient - Nice
    Ounas - Napoli - Nice
    Nsoki - PSG - Nice
    Elneny - Arsenal - Besiktas
    Sergio Rico - Sevilla - PSG
    Bakayoko - Chelsea - Monaco
    Icardi - Inter - PSG
    Jese - PSG - Sporting
    Raphinha - Sporting - Rennes
    Falcao - Monaco - Galatasaray
    Navas - Real Madrid - PSG
    Lemina - Southampton - Galatasaray
    Bendtner - Rosenborg - Copenhagen
    Bolasie - Everton - Sporting
    Kent - Liverpool - Rangers
    Rongier - Nantes - Marseille
    Blas - Guingamp - Nantes
    Kenedy - Chelsea - Getafe
    Andre Silva - AC Milan - Frankfurt
    Rebic - Frankfurt - AC Milan
    Dost - Sporting - Frankfurt
    Hernandez - West Ham - Sevilla
    Rafinha - Barca - Celta Vigo
    Areola - PSG - Real Madrid
    Kalinic - Atletico - Roma
    Luis Gustavo - Marseille - Fenerbahce
    Llorente - Spurs - Napoli
    Darmian - Man Utd - Parma
    Smalling - Man Utd - Roma
    Mkhitaryan - Arsenal - Roma
    Lozano - PSV - Napoli
    Augustin - Leipzig - Monaco loan
    Schick - Roma - Leipzig
  • Wyojasond
    I’m debating if I want to fire the game up and waste a few hours or just hold out til tomorrow and see if the squads are updated 😂
  • WestardLord
    1856 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm considering sticking with 19 for my next story, if only because 20 seems to have a lot of issues. Clunky menus, glitches, and squads arent fully updated. Perhaps there's an update on the wide release date. But for now it may be prudent to wait for EA to iron out the wrinkles.

The new press conference things is a nice cosmetic addition, and helps with immersion, but I can see myself getting sick of it and just skipping it altogether soon.

Great to see lots of new faces and graphical updates though (8 new faces for FC Dallas! Thank the lord!)
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2019
    If memory serves, this (the transfers not being up to date) wasn't the case in previous versions.

This kind of defeats the purpose to purchase an early version. It's 25 EUR more expensive (nevermind the Premier conscription) and it does not enable me to get a head start. So I'm not pissed for the game not being ready, I'm pissed for being ripped off a EURO or 25-35...

Gameplay is okay, though: as in the demo, defending has become easier and more varied. Short tackles and interceptions are much more effective, while in order to attack you really need to have overweight on midfield to press through.

Still, that transfers-thing remains a thorn in my eye (and my wallet)
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Ashy
    edited September 2019
    Just did a test starting a CM with Newcastle and my first PL game I came up against this Arsenal team, and look at the bench....
    Macey 66
    Bellerin 80 - Mavropanos 70 - Medley 63 - Tierney 76
    Willock 67 - Elneny 77
    Mkhitaryan 81 - Nwakali 65 - Saka 65
    Aubameyang 88

subs: Leno, Soktatis, Pepe, Lacazette, David Luiz, Torreira, John-Jules

Liverpool played Hoever, Kent, Lewis, Chirivella, Kane, Jones, Kelleher, van den Berg (some potentially subs)
    Man City played Carson, Angelino, Garcia, Latibeaudiere, Garre, Gonzalez, Gomes, Garcia, Nmecha (some potentially subs)
    Tottenham played Georgiou, Edwards, Whiteman, Tanganga, Marsh, Roles, Parrott, Bowden (some potentially subs)
    Chelsea's team looked normal enough
    Man Utd's team looked normal enough

As a result you have Liverpool losing 2-0 to Norwich at Anfield! West Ham drawing 1-1 with Man City
    No wonder you got teams winning the title with 60 points and Man City ending mid-table because of the line ups they are coming up with, it's the first game of the season so nobody is injured there is something terribly wrong the game is broke for CM players right now

Squads not up to date, all the kits not in (Chelsea/Spurs 3rd kit as an example, probably many more) they are in the demo and right now in UT packs but in the main game nowhere to be seen,

One good thing is it seems they fixed the manager avatar glitch when you switch clubs on career mode so some good news at least.
  • Wyojasond
    Yeah color me shocked that CM mode is completely messed up for the launch 🤦‍♂️

Like Ashy said, the fact that the demo and UT have things that we don’t currently have just shows how little they care about this mode. I’ve always done my best to support them and understand some of the issues that can happen but this is bull****.

Like Danimal said, I can wait, but I’m pretty pissed I spent the extra money to get a broken mode. Guess it’s good the gameplay has improved so much, but I’m sure they’ll change that in a few weeks for UT too 🙄
  • Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    Just did a test starting a CM with Newcastle and my first PL game I came up against this Arsenal team, and look at the bench....
    Macey 66
    Bellerin 80 - Mavropanos 70 - Medley 63 - Tierney 76
    Willock 67 - Elneny 77
    Mkhitaryan 81 - Nwakali 65 - Saka 65
    Aubameyang 88

subs: Leno, Soktatis, Pepe, Lacazette, David Luiz, Torreira, John-Jules

Liverpool played Hoever, Kent, Lewis, Chirivella, Kane, Jones, Kelleher, van den Berg (some potentially subs)
    Man City played Carson, Angelino, Garcia, Latibeaudiere, Garre, Gonzalez, Gomes, Garcia, Nmecha (some potentially subs)
    Tottenham played Georgiou, Edwards, Whiteman, Tanganga, Marsh, Roles, Parrott, Bowden (some potentially subs)
    Chelsea's team looked normal enough
    Man Utd's team looked normal enough

As a result you have Liverpool losing 2-0 to Norwich at Anfield! West Ham drawing 1-1 with Man City
    No wonder you got teams winning the title with 60 points and Man City ending mid-table because of the line ups they are coming up with, it's the first game of the season so nobody is injured there is something terribly wrong the game is broke for CM players right now

Squads not up to date, all the kits not in (Chelsea/Spurs 3rd kit as an example, probably many more) they are in the demo and right now in UT packs but in the main game nowhere to be seen,

One good thing is it seems they fixed the manager avatar glitch when you switch clubs on career mode so some good news at least.

@EA_Andy This is a major flaw and needs fixing
  • Wyojasond
    Does look like Andy is responding to some reports in the CM section and is reporting them up.

They seem to know about the issues with weak teams and squads not being updated so maybe we’ll hear some news on that later today 🤷‍♂️
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Does look like Andy is responding to some reports in the CM section and is reporting them up.

They seem to know about the issues with weak teams and squads not being updated so maybe we’ll hear some news on that later today 🤷‍♂️

The computer fielding weak teams is on the list.
  • WestardLord
    1856 posts Play-Off Hero
    @EA_Andy

There also seems to be an issue with editing players. If you want you go to edit a player and save the changes, it kicks you back to the career mode menu.

So, if I want to give all my players gloves, I have to go to edit player, find the country, find the club, find the player, add the gloves, and then repeat that whole process for each player.

Takes a lot of time and a lot of button presses. In FIFA 19 when you saved the changes it just took you back to the player list, so it was much easier and faster to edit multiple players at a time.
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    The CPU player weaker teams is an easy fix, let us control all teams. 😀