Wyojasond
12170 posts Has That Special Something
And welcome back to the CMS board 😎

200w.gif

Comments

• Alastair
    10087 posts Moderator
    Woooooo, FIFA 20!!!!!

I remember the days when people on here used to think reaching 2016 on a CM story was a long way into the future. :joy:
  • Alastair
    10087 posts Moderator
    edited September 17
    Time to make this thread go live I guess. ;)

Good luck everyone. Let's hope it's a good year.

Let me know if anyone wants any threads moving over.
  • Wyojasond
    Welcome back boys. Eager to see more stories starting up soon. Gonna start on my graphics tonight 😎
  • JoshDFC
    2109 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looking forward to everyone’s stories seems to be a few new people as well finally decided on my career and I’m excited to get it started.

I’m not getting the game until next Friday not buying the early release version as does make sense do you guys think I should leave starting the story until weekend and do a couple of updates during the week building up to it or just start it now?
  • Ashy
    9988 posts Has That Special Something
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Looking forward to everyone’s stories seems to be a few new people as well finally decided on my career and I’m excited to get it started.

I’m not getting the game until next Friday not buying the early release version as does make sense do you guys think I should leave starting the story until weekend and do a couple of updates during the week building up to it or just start it now?

Up to you, if you are not getting it until the 27th I'd maybe start it this weekend if you are not planning on updating it for a few days from now. If it was me I'd probably just get it posted and add one more update in to drag it out
  • Stlducks
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hello all! Finally getting time to start a new story.
  • WestardLord
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope we can get a lot of new readers and storytellers this year.
  • Wyojasond

I think it’s shaping up to be a banner year. Lots of good stories added late last year. Start of the year is the best time for them.

I promise not to be that guy this year that starts 5 stories and never keeps them going 😂
  • Wyojasond
    JoshDFC wrote: »

@JoshDFC I’d say do whatever man. Personally I’d probably wait a few days before I got the game. Then you can really run with it once you have it. Always tends to be something that throws a wrench in our original plans.
  • dannyboy
    12856 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »

Will you make a CM story?
  • Wyojasond
    @Stlducks, didn’t want to carry the conversation into your story so thought I’d bring it here. I’d say that FSG and Liverpool have already brought over elements of the “moneyball” approach with Liverpool the last few years.

You look at some of there signings like Salah and Robertson a few years ago it was seen as a horrible transfer market for them. Two years later they are widely considered as top 3 players in there position 💁‍♂️ There’s more to it than just that but I think Liverpool have followed the moneyball approach and other teams are following suit as it’s more sustainable than what teams like City can do.
  • WestardLord
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero

I think it’s shaping up to be a banner year. Lots of good stories added late last year. Start of the year is the best time for them.

I promise not to be that guy this year that starts 5 stories and never keeps them going 😂

lol and I'll try not to be that guy who has one story that never ends
  • Wyojasond

lol and I'll try not to be that guy who has one story that never ends

I quite like the stories that run for a long time. My first story on here went 14.5 seasons 😂
  • Stlducks
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Stlducks, didn’t want to carry the conversation into your story so thought I’d bring it here. I’d say that FSG and Liverpool have already brought over elements of the “moneyball” approach with Liverpool the last few years.

You look at some of there signings like Salah and Robertson a few years ago it was seen as a horrible transfer market for them. Two years later they are widely considered as top 3 players in there position 💁‍♂️ There’s more to it than just that but I think Liverpool have followed the moneyball approach and other teams are following suit as it’s more sustainable than what teams like City can do.

You are right, some teams have gone with this approach. I didn't mean Bean wants to be the first, he has just expressed interest in trying it. In interviews I have seen, he is a fan of the sport and wants to try his stats/analytics in soccer to expand from baseball.
  • Stlducks
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also to add @Wyojasond I like how Bean's teams are always active in deals. Oakland never spend a lot but they are involved in trades or signings every window.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Also to add @Wyojasond I like how Bean's teams are always active in deals. Oakland never spend a lot but they are involved in trades or signings every window.

Completely agree. Guy never stops trying something new
  • Ahmer50x
    19882 posts World Class

I left a few years ago from the CM section because it was so dead. Glad to see some level of activity again.

Still remember the FIFA 08-10 heyday where there were literally like 30-50 stories going at any given time.
  • Ashy
    I remember the times when I'd update my story and then the next day the thread would be on the second page or even third

Can see maybe 10-12 long term stories going on there a few others to bring it to around 20 we will see. I think some people are getting a bit sick of UT and are trying pro clubs and CM more so with the recent updates with the manager avatar and press conferences etc and dynamic potential with the addition of more scanned faces and Bundesliga makeover that should be more in than usual
  • Ahmer50x
    19882 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    I remember the times when I'd update my story and then the next day the thread would be on the second page or even third

Can see maybe 10-12 long term stories going on there a few others to bring it to around 20 we will see. I think some people are getting a bit sick of UT and are trying pro clubs and CM more so with the recent updates with the manager avatar and press conferences etc and dynamic potential with the addition of more scanned faces and Bundesliga makeover that should be more in than usual

Yup. It's a shame really.

When I was in my teens, you had a generation of career moders on here like Robalenko, R7R and others and we were the young ones.

Now we're older and there is no next generation because of FUT so the activity has died down a lot.

Personally, I detest ultimate team.
  • Wyojasond
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

When I was in my teens, you had a generation of career moders on here like Robalenko, R7R and others and we were the young ones.

Now we're older and there is no next generation because of FUT so the activity has died down a lot.

Same. I played it a little late last year and I can see why people get hooked on it, but I got very bored with it. If anything I’d rather play seasons.

May dabble with pro clubs this year.
  • Ashy
    Pro clubs is only good if you either take it seriously and join a competitive team such as VPL or of you have a couple/few mates that you can go on and play with.
  • Stlducks
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used to do all my careers on Operation Sports before I found this site. Careers on OS would be 20 pages deep and nobody but the OP commented. I like how it is much more involved here, even if the numbers have dropped.
  • Danimal5981
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite

Can see maybe 10-12 long term stories going on there a few others to bring it to around 20 we will see.

I don't think that's bad. At least you'll have a handful of dedicated people, making quality stories.

I'm wondering if my results again will resemble reality. For the newbees, in my Ajax CM story in FIFA 19 I realistically achieved what Ajax did in real life, 6 months before it actually happened (title, cup, 1/2 final UCL). That's what I'm really curious about, if the levels are close to realistic again.
  • dannyboy

R7R was actually making threads on these forums like a year or two ago
  • Alastair
    10087 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »

Will you make a CM story?

Mine will go live the day yours reaches 15 pages. :)
  • Ahmer50x
    19882 posts World Class

Whats his username these days?

I'm sad I missed it. Pretty much left a few years ago and only looked at the CM section a few times a year for a while there
  • If I enjoy FIFA 20 then I might make a story. I tried all year, but I just couldn't get into FIFA 19.
  • dannyboy

Whats his username these days?

I'm sad I missed it. Pretty much left a few years ago and only looked at the CM section a few times a year for a while there
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/profile/discussions/CountdowN

Oh it was in 2016. :D Time flies
  • Ashy
    Let's hope the squad update is either ready now or in a few hours because a lot of teams are not updated yet, not starting the CM until it happens
  • Wyojasond
    Let's hope the squad update is either ready now or in a few hours because a lot of teams are not updated yet, not starting the CM until it happens

When does the EA Access 10 hours start? Was thinking it was 8pm PST for me, but maybe it’s 8am 😂 That’s in 20 minutes so yeah, hopefully they have that sorted.