Why EA doesnt give us to choose the height?

In fifa 19 I saw the height of players in CM, now in FIFA 20 Demo I see the height in Feet.
Height is one of the most important things in the game and I do not want to check everytime that I need in futbin or something like this.
Why the hell dont just give us the right to choose between the two?!

Comments

• BigGuyStan
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You have to keep in mind that the demo is nowhere near the full version of the game.

You'll be able to see height in centimeter in FIFA 20.

T he demo is only like 10% of what the actual game will be like.
  • gavin2903
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im likely to sign a 6ft 4 CB, but if in CM's I'll probably end up with one that's 170cm 😝
  • Ohayon wrote: »
    In fifa 19 I saw the height of players in CM, now in FIFA 20 Demo I see the height in Feet.
    Height is one of the most important things in the game and I do not want to check everytime that I need in futbin or something like this.

That's because the demo is English only, you probably use a different language when you're on the full game.
  • BigGuyStan wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that the demo is nowhere near the full version of the game.

You'll be able to see height in centimeter in FIFA 20.

T he demo is only like 10% of what the actual game will be like.

Do you think in the full game I will see in CM? I use also Enligh

That's because the demo is English only, you probably use a different language when you're on the full game.

I use Enligh anyway..
    I used Enligh in fifa 19 and saw in CM, and when I use English in the Demo I see in Feet. that is why I do not get it.. what have been changed?
  • Renamed123456
    3949 posts National Call-Up
    Why cm ??

Feet is much better. Dont wanna do weird maths to figure out how tall a player is.
  • skHH
    78 posts Park Captain
    Why cm ??

Feet is much better. Dont wanna do weird maths to figure out how tall a player is.

other countries use different measurements
  • Renamed123456
    skHH wrote: »
    Why cm ??

other countries use different measurements

Yeah but it's a really rubbish method for height. It's too vague.
  • Why cm ??

In our country CM is the main height "tool" , its much easier for me

lets just hope that in the full game it will be different.. but I really do not get it why EA doesnt give us to choose
  • BigHarryNutz
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Metric is vague? Everything in a factor of 100 is vague yet no such factor in feet and inches and such?

Allright there, Brexit, stage left.
  • Renamed123456
    Metric is vague? Everything in a factor of 100 is vague yet no such factor in feet and inches and such?

Because it's smaller numbers. Not hundreds of increments.
    Every defender over 6'. Rather than going "oh i can't use Defendinho hes 1.023729 mm shorter than Defenaldo"

Better have EA put players height in mm to make it better for you.
  • Rolandinho
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park

Every defender over 6'. Rather than going "oh i can't use Defendinho hes 1.023729 mm shorter than Defenaldo"

Defendinho and Defenaldo🤣
  • Renamed123456
    Rolandinho wrote: »

Defendinho and Defenaldo🤣

😂🤣
  • Renamed123456
    They're a strong link. 6'2 and 6'3 so you know their height is good 😉
  • Koning Spijker
    1153 posts Professional

When in mm, it only adds a 0 behind it. Let's say, everyone to their own. By this time I know both measurements, but I can see why people want the measurement which they're comfortable with. However, in cm is more accurate

Chiellini 187cm/6,1ft
    De Ligt 188cm/6,2ft
    Koulibaly 187cm/6,2ft
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up
    Of all the complaints

You just know this brother is the type to complain about the spacing of the name and numbers of players shirts
  • QuidoFrontiere
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ohayon wrote: »

Demo is not english only...
  • Team Sam
    1875 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why cm ??

It's not exactly difficult.

The vast majority of countries around the world use the metric system. The UK and USA are basically stubborn and insist on using an inferior set of units.

America basically ignored all metric units and sticks with the old, pounds, miles, Fahrenheit.

The UK is the most confusing, as it is a hybrid between metric and imperial. We use miles on roads, cm for small distances, although switch to feet and inches for height. We buy things in grams, but use stone and ounces to describe our own weight. It's pretty silly really.

I'm English, so I'm more familiar with feet and inches for height, but I'm fine with cm too.

Demo is not english only...

I'm stupid :)
  • nicitel32
    1535 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seriously? What u guys learning in school? Surely u cant háve problém with such an easy thing.
  • This is something the player should be able to choose. If the game tried to force me to read all heights in CM I would be peeved off. It means nothing to me when trying to understand a players height. Feet and inches is the only measurement that works for me in this regard but it works both ways. If you are only used to CM then damn it, CM you should be able to choose. Actually, you should be able to toggle units of measurements whilst looking at the stats in my view.
  • mufcscott__
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Of all the complaints

LMAOOO
  • Renamed123456
    I want height shown in kg

Weight in ml
  • AliasMaurice
    1912 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't believe I just read this thread. Time to go to sleep.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Even more annoying is weight in pounds.

If you're playing on PC you can change units in /data/locale.ini file. New patch will overwrite this file with old default settings so you have to change it every time.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    EA totally ignores people who don't have native translation and are forced to use US/English version, which are using their own measuring system.
  • maksi wrote: »
    Even more annoying is weight in pounds.

If you're playing on PC you can change units in /data/locale.ini file. New patch will overwrite this file with old default settings so you have to change it every time.

Nice to hear that. really upset that we can not do it on consoles.
  • BadSeedsFC
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah, what a disgrace to use that thing called mathematics...