FUT 19 Web App offline + FUT 20 Early Start

EA_Andy
3093 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 13
Hello!

We've released an article detailing when the FUT 19 web app will go offline, and when early start will be for FUT 20.

Article - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/fifa/fut-early-web-and-companion-app-start/

Key details:
  • September 13, 2019 – FUT 19 Web App goes offline.
  • September 18, 2019 GMT – FUT 20 Web App comes online.
    • If you’re a returning FUT 19 player with an account in good standing, this is when you can start using the Transfer Market.
  • September 19, 2019 GMT – FUT 20 Companion App launches.
    • This is your chance to update your Companion App on Android and iOS.

More info on how transfer market access works can be found here - https://help.ea.com/en/help/fifa/fut-transfer-market-access-on-web-and-companion-apps/

Keep in mind no-one on the forums or in the support team can grant transfer market access, all the info we have is in the above article.

Comments

• Futfanatic
    12448 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 13
    Looks pretty clear Andy, hope it all goes well. Thanks for sharing!
  • What about early access info?
  • JWNYsg
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    thank you for update
  • megaturapsn
    66 posts Park Captain
    Is there a chance to arrange Early access date to earlier like 2 or 3 days ago? At weekend it would be nice to play some
  • EA_Andy
    Is there a chance to arrange Early access date to earlier like 2 or 3 days ago? At weekend it would be nice to play some

To keep things simple here - No :)
  • Pablofsi08
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 13
    What is the exact time of the Web App release? What does September 18, GMT mean?

What does "good standing" mean? be specific please.
  • What does September 18, 2019 GMT mean? Is it 00:00 hours GMT on wednesday then?
    So, as i am in EEST timezone, it would be available from 03:00 at night, so when i wake up in the moring of the 18'th it will be online allready?
  • EA_Andy
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    What is the exact time of the Web App release? What does September 18, GMT mean?

I don't have an exact time at the moment.

Good standing would generally being playing by the rules, not having had bans and things in the past.

But to be completely honest it's not something I can be specific about as there's more to it than that and we don't have the specifics to share for a few different reasons.
  • EA_Andy wrote: »

Good standing would generally being playing by the rules, not having had bans and things in the past.

But to be completely honest it's not something I can be specific about as there's more to it than that and we don't have the specifics to share for a few different reasons.

i got market ban in fifa 19 ,but i contacted the ea support ,they said the transfer doesnt carry over to fifa 20 which means i can use the fifa 20 app market,is that true?
  • EA_Andy
    EA_Andy wrote: »

i got market ban in fifa 19 ,but i contacted the ea support ,they said the transfer doesnt carry over to fifa 20 which means i can use the fifa 20 app market,is that true?

Not necessarily. It means you should be able to use the transfer market in FIFA 20 without issue actually in-game, but that doesn't mean you'll have web app access at the start.

Just to confirm again:
    • No-one can say for certain before the web app launches whether you'll have access
    • No-one can grant it if you don't

I do appreciate the web app is a big thing for the community and I wish I had more detailed info I could give you but it's just going to be a waiting game at this point.

Not necessarily. It means you should be able to use the transfer market in FIFA 20 without issue actually in-game, but that doesn't mean you'll have web app access at the start.

Just to confirm again:
    • No-one can say for certain before the web app launches whether you'll have access

I do appreciate the web app is a big thing for the community and I wish I had more detailed info I could give you but it's just going to be a waiting game at this point.

pls give me the details asap so that i can get a refund and po in a new account
  • Pieman25
    15966 posts World Class

Just to confirm again:

pls give me the details asap so that i can get a refund and po in a new account

🤔
  • Pablofsi08
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    There's absolutely zero reason why a market banned account banned for the remainder of 19 should be banned from the start of the Fifa 20 season on the 20 Web App.

Btw when does pre-download for the 19 start?
  • Futfanatic

😂
  • EA_Andy
    There's absolutely zero reason why a market banned account banned for the remainder of 19 should be banned from the start of the Fifa 20 season on the 20 Web App.

All I can suggest is people don't get themselves banned - less chance of being restricted :)

Don't have an answer for that - lets keep this thread on-topic.
  • So if i made a new club on Fifa 19 some days ago on PC and my companion app is not working completely yet (play more FUT to unlock the trade market...). I played like 30 games of FUT 19 and used the app for some sbcs. What happens with my access to the FUT 20 app?
    Is it open on the 18th completely, do i have to Play FUT 20 more before i can use the trade market? Will i get it later? Thats really unclear to me. The account is completely new and unflagged by bans etc...
    Thanks in advance for a quick reply.
  • birg77 wrote: »
    So if i made a new club on Fifa 19 some days ago on PC and my companion app is not working completely yet (play more FUT to unlock the trade market...). I played like 30 games of FUT 19 and used the app for some sbcs. What happens with my access to the FUT 20 app?
    Is it open on the 18th completely, do i have to Play FUT 20 more before i can use the trade market? Will i get it later? Thats really unclear to me. The account is completely new and unflagged by bans etc...

At that point you won't get access, the date to be able to get early access was August 1st I believe. You would have to play some FIFA 20 (I think only a few days) in order to get access to the market on the app.
  • EA_Andy
    birg77 wrote: »
    So if i made a new club on Fifa 19 some days ago on PC and my companion app is not working completely yet (play more FUT to unlock the trade market...). I played like 30 games of FUT 19 and used the app for some sbcs. What happens with my access to the FUT 20 app?

From the article:

You must have created a FUT Club in FIFA 19 and logged in to FUT 19 on your platform before August 1, 2019, to be eligible for early access to the FUT 20 Web and Companion apps.

So if you just made the account you wouldn't be eligible.

You would just need to keep playing FUT in order to unlock it.

From the article:

You must have created a FUT Club in FIFA 19 and logged in to FUT 19 on your platform before August 1, 2019, to be eligible for early access to the FUT 20 Web and Companion apps.

From the article:

Thx for the reply,
    But i have one more question. Does it help (Do i get the FUT 20 wepapp faster) if i play FUT 19 more in the next days or does it start new on FUT 20 (and continue to play FUT 19 doesn't count in here)?
    Your help is really appreciated.
  • birg77 wrote: »

From the article:

From the article:

Thx for the reply,
    But i have one more question. Does it help (Do i get the FUT 20 wepapp faster) if i play FUT 19 more in the next days or does it start new on FUT 20 (and continue to play FUT 19 doesn't count in here)?
    Your help is really appreciated.

You can't unlock it anymore by playing FUT 19, you can only unlock it by playing FUT 20 for a few days once it is out.
  • CfcBlue wrote: »
    Ahahaha all the people breaking rules and cheating are super scared right now... shame

i didnt even break the rule but hacked by someone lol

• shepj6
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 13
    Nothing to do with web app and early start but why on Origin Premier has the release date gone back a day, for ages in Origin it said "Origin Access Premier release date: September 18, 2019 4pm" but today it now says September 19 at 4pm? As far as I can remember last year Origin Premier access was a day before EA Access on consoles?

Just noticed the pre-load date on Origin Premier has gone back to 16th now, it was supposed to be 13th?

EA_Andy, any ideas?
    Post edited by shepj6 on
  • Baellerin24
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect

From the article:

So I missed FIFA 19, despite playing 18/17/16 etc.. this what feels like a punishment honestly sucks as we all know how important it is to get on the market ASAP

But, if i play early access FIFA 20 will i be able to use the Web App but be blocked from the transfer market? This way, at least i could open up packs without using up my time on the Early Access
  • Futfanatic
    Loyalty gets rewarded, nice.
  • BlactionMan
    96 posts Park Captain
    I switched consoles last year so was locked out of webapp transfers for over a week, if any of you are in the same situation and see this, dont listen to their "keep playing and you will get access" rubbish, it will be a timed unlock, amount of games has nothing to do with it, just the usual support BS to try and get you to go away.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When will early access be available to download on PS4, when it is released? Thanks Andy.
  • Baellerin24
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I switched consoles last year so was locked out of webapp transfers for over a week, if any of you are in the same situation and see this, dont listen to their "keep playing and you will get access" rubbish, it will be a timed unlock, amount of games has nothing to do with it, just the usual support BS to try and get you to go away.

Fantastic, this treatment puts me off getting the game more than anything else. It's a big disadvantage being banned from the market until full release aside the early access hours. What is the deal, why do EA make everything so overly scrutinised?

If somebody has broken rules, absolute fair play. But i'm literally a fan of the series who's missed a year, coming back on another console and being told i can barely trade until the market has rose for over a week lol.
  • I switched consoles last year so was locked out of webapp transfers for over a week, if any of you are in the same situation and see this, dont listen to their "keep playing and you will get access" rubbish, it will be a timed unlock, amount of games has nothing to do with it, just the usual support BS to try and get you to go away.

Fantastic, this treatment puts me off getting the game more than anything else. It's a big disadvantage being banned from the market until full release aside the early access hours. What is the deal, why do EA make everything so overly scrutinised?

If somebody has broken rules, absolute fair play. But i'm literally a fan of the series who's missed a year, coming back on another console and being told i can barely trade until the market has rose for over a week lol.

You might be ok if you have a prior account, but if they treat you as a "new" customer I wouldnt even bank on having webapp transfer access by the full release. It's a protection against bots, which is fair enough, except they dont state this and just leave people hanging around and lie to them about how access is gained. Says it all when a "community manager" comes out with the below.. instead of them just stating how it is. Zero transparency

Just to confirm again:

No-one can say for certain before the web app launches whether you'll have access
    No-one can grant it if you don't
  • Tootrill22
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was banned from January until now from the web app and companion app market because I "used a 3rd party device to access the market" didn't do anything like that and wouldn't have any idea of what that means or how to do it in the first place. Funny how EA can do that, offer no explanation, and now I am threatened ok FIFA 20 as well after paying full price for the game with the best explanation you can offer is you don't know who will get access? How is this honestly a real way of treating paying customers?