Strafe Dribbling & Slow Dribbling Issue

Hello. In fifa 20 Strafe Dribbling control and Slow dribbling has changed.
It was great to slow dribble with R1 and right stick. But it has changed in fifa 20. Wee must use R2 and L2.
Why cant we customize Basic control settings?

Comments

• BayernBru
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    To create a bigger skill gap.

For example low driven button combination changed between fifa 18 and fifa 19 to make the task more difficult to perform as it was seen as a majorly overpowered move in fifa 18. Should people have been able to just amend it then everyone would have just changed it back to the fifa 18 button combination, in turn completely defeating the point.

If you could amend button combinations however you wanted, then you would see everyone making the most difficult skill moves etc to perform suddenly the easiest to perform and you would just see everyone doing crazy skills all over the pitch with no effort or practice required.
  • What you mean exactly?
  • BayernBru
    What you mean exactly?

Basically if you could change button combinations how ever you wanted, you could make the hardest of moves to pull off suddenly the easiest. Some things are supposed to be difficult to perform. You have to adapt and learn in order to improve.
  • I see. I just want to change slow dribble and strafe dribble commands. Face up dribble was L2 R2 anyway which became strafe dribble in fifa 20.
    A soccer player cant go backwards and sides that rapid. So strafe dribble is not realistic at all. Face dibble was fine which i like the commands. They have changed the existing commands.
  • BayernBru
    I see. I just want to change slow dribble and strafe dribble commands. Face up dribble was L2 R2 anyway which became strafe dribble in fifa 20.
    A soccer player cant go backwards and sides that rapid. So strafe dribble is not realistic at all. Face dibble was fine which i like the commands. They have changed the existing commands.

I agree with you on the realism aspect, I was just explaining why you can't change button combinations.
  • I understand you. Youre right. I mean something else. I want something that exist in previous fifas.
    L2 R2 was already face up dribble which became strafe dribble. Why would you change its command that people get used to it?
  • BayernBru
    I understand you. Youre right. I mean something else. I want something that exist in previous fifas.
    L2 R2 was already face up dribble which became strafe dribble. Why would you change its command that people get used to it?

Strafe dribbling is new so therefore button commands have been rearranged to suit new addition.

Either way you'll just have to adapt. New combinations will feel natural soon enough.

As I said earlier, button combinations can't be customised for skill moves etc in order to keep everyone on a level playing field and create a skill gap.
  • CanMeric1979
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 12
    If you change pass and shoot command (which impossible) will you adapt? I dont think so.
    As a said they changed existing command.
    Face up dribble was L2 R2. No need to change something that people get used to it. Does it makes sense?
  • BayernBru
    If you change pass and shoot command (which impossible) will you adapt? I dont think so.
    As a said they changed existing command.
    Face up dribble was L2 R2. No need to change something that people get used to it. Does it makes sense?

I get what you're saying, but again the reason you can't change the commands for skills/ dribbling is for the reasons I've previously explained.

Anyway I know you don't like it but it isn't going to change. You're just going to have to adapt like everyone else that is moving from fifa 19 to 20.

I understand its frustrating for you but you've got to remember everyone is having to learn the new way, not just you, so you're not at any sort of disadvantage.

It will all feel natural to you again soon enough.
  • We will see:)
  • BayernBru
    We will see:)

Honestly you'll adapt. There's always something thats new and changed on each fifa that's frustrating to get used to as your muscle memory has you wanting to do something else, but we all get there in the end. Just takes practice and time.
  • It seems slow dribbling is not that neccessary in demo. Because game is already slow at the moment.