Some of you may be interested in this about loot boxes

Comments

• Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s on live now on bbc news
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    People are starting to catch on. These games create a gambling component which can be addictive. EA will go into panic mode if loot boxes get banned.
  • Alex_cr
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    MP’s say they (the gaming industry) has been wilfully obtuse in answering questions. Something they’ll be all to familiar with 😂
  • WarrenBarton
    7322 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I read that earlier, I don’t have a great deal of faith in our current government though. They seem far detached from the ordinary person.

Infact I wouldn’t be surprised if they got us out of Europe just before they are banned under EU legislation.

I like China’s idea though, where you have a daily limit and the odds are always shown.
  • Joestoe
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 12
    Looking good. Looks like UK is taking serious action.

Wondering what EA would do if a country as important as the UK will block loot boxes.

Also, the comparison between loot boxes and a Kinder egg is still laughable. EA makes a fool of themselves every single time.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Joestoe wrote: »

Wondering what EA would do if a country as important as the UK will block loot boxes.

Also, the comparison between loot boxes and a Kinder egg is still laughable. EA makes a fool of themselves every single time.

They're not looking to ban them. They want verification programmes put in place, to stop under 18's effectively gambling.
  • Aqeel87
    2422 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully
    Enough is enough.
  • BristolMDF
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    A few years time and I think all major countries will see them banned, and big developers will have to significantly revise their business models.

Imagine if EA actually had to focus on gameplay/infrastructure stability to drive their revenue instead of churning out the same, barely changed product year on year.
  • Joestoe
    4709 posts National Call-Up

They're not looking to ban them. They want verification programmes put in place, to stop under 18's effectively gambling.

It'll still be an enormous hit to EA's profits.
  • Grezzerk
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect

I don’t think it would be an enormous hit to their profits. Yes it would be a hit but I reckon most the fifa points come from people over 18 anyway. Even if they put a age restriction it wouldn’t stop people anyway. Your not supposed to drink alcohol until your 18 but I bet the vast majority of people have still got pissed in a random park when a kid.