How do you build your UT?

Acidvenus
55 posts Park Captain
Just curious how most of you build your ultimate team assuming you don't use endless FIFA points and have unlimited options.

I always aim for 100 chemistry and use a random league. So on Xbox I just did a la Liga team and as I earned more coins from rewards and matches I replaced lower rates players with higher ones from the same league.
When I switched to PlayStation I enjoyed using immobile on my Lazio career so I built an ultimate team around him again all Serie A players.

I was curious if it's easy enough to get 100 chemistry by mixing it up, so for example Ramos and bellerin, both Spain but then bellerin linking with lingard and then with Sancho and to lewandowski. So you get a mix of leagues and nationalities but keeping 100 chemistry.

Determined to put serious effort into UT this year so looking for inspiration, maybe have more than 1 world class team and even just for fun create arsenal when I'm done with my main teams.

Comments

• JWNYsg
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    usually i go for same league or country and i focus on 1 team.

Some people build multiple teams like playing Solitaire
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    I usually make 3 teams for fitness while being able to use subs. I usually make cheap teams and buy expensive subs and work towards new teams to fit the subs in.
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    I usually build my team using Spain and France players. Best defence and attacking players are from these two nations. Brazil has no so many attacking or cheap players for this.
  • Eesa24
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Just pick one of my favourite players and build around him, my idol is Ian Wright so I'll buy him and go from there.

Feels better to play with players you like in real life
  • Mmandras
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    0 fp as every year. A little bit of trading on web app and 2 teams rotation. One main and one fitness that will become 2 equal teams in time. My main players will be sbc/objective untradables as last year.
  • WarrenBarton
    7322 posts Big Money Move
    Trading on the web app to get me started usually. I have in the past spent about £50 in release but I think I’m just gonna spend a tenner this year to get my consumables.

Card weights on those advanced sbc’s are usually pretty decent + popular nation players fluctuate a lot with early sbc’s. Then I will make a semi decent La Liga team (less inflated than prem or Seria) and invest in early informs and cheap 86’s
  • Lloydie
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I normally have 2 teams.

1st team is my 'dream team' so to speak, involving my favourite players (this year is Shearer, Messi, Carlos and De Bruyne).

2nd team is based around my 4 favourite teams (Newcastle, Barcelona, Milan and Dortmund).

I normally build a 3rd team just to try out different players or use while I'm investing in players. That way it keeps it a bit more interesting and the game doesn't go stale.
  • Aryss
    11 posts Ball Boy
    After playing the demo and experiencing Son it will be hard to stay away from Prem straight away
  • BlitzersNL
    24196 posts Club Captain
    1. Buy New Zealand version
    2. Buy coin boosts from catalogue
    3. play game
    4. Use players I actually like instead of OP hype beast
    5. ???????
    6. fun?
  • Acidvenus
    55 posts Park Captain
    There's a couple of extra ideas here. Something to think about.
    And to the person who mentioned price difference in leagues, I only just realised this 2 games ago.
    I used to build premier League teams all the time.
    Then I got an 89 rated la Liga player in a pack thinking this will fund some of my players I needed. Was shocked at how cheap he was selling for.
  • JWNYsg
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    I usually build my team using Spain and France players. Best defence and attacking players are from these two nations. Brazil has no so many attacking or cheap players for this.

they always sell well, them Brazilians!
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah Brazilians are in every league so easy to link up
  • Andyh60
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    All about who I pack early on and if get like 3-4 of similar league/nation then I go from there. Just so happens prem has dominated that for last few fifas with likes of Jesus leading the line quite early on. Something like a werner would for first time ever have to tempt me the bundesliga route but who knows what will happen.
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    I love a hybrid. It makes the game fun for me. Not too bothered about players at the start but usually go French becuase it’s easy and I know most of the players.

I then progress throughout the year, trying different players and then finish in Early June with one of the best teams on Fifa. Gets more relaxed after that. I do like the progression. I change 2/3 players every couple of weeks and only use 1 team.

I’ve the last year or 2 I’ve realised chem isn’t the most important. Ive always had 100 team chem but am happy to have 1/2 players on 8 chem. it gives you more options and doesn’t make a difference. I won’t go to 3 off chem players though. I feel that it’s a bit too much. I always play my end game team on full chem.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    3. play game
    5. ???????
    6. fun?

Hax
  • BlitzersNL
    24196 posts Club Captain
    3. play game
    5. ???????
    6. fun?

Hax

Cheaper/FIFA point store is also region locked.
  • Mc_chigby
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    3. play game
    5. ???????
    6. fun?

Hax

Cheaper/FIFA point store is also region locked.

No more coin boosts sadly thought apart from objectivies