Fifa is aimed at kids buying packs.

Razovar
1131 posts Play-Off Hero
For all those who think your actually going to get a decent game of football go and play PES.

Fifa is a massive money maker, they want a 12 year old kid to be able to pick up a pad and instantly be able to play a game of football that requires no skill.

I can promise you now they care more for the kids watching YouTube and smashing packs over the 18+ players who actually want to enjoy a football game.

I am mega hyped for the game but I spend 80% of my time on Fifa between forums/futhead/trading/squad creating. The worst part for me is actually playing a game of football lol.

Comments

• GoonerSoldier
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 11
    Agreed 110%. The amount of money I've spent on FUT = ZERO. EA have jumped through Loopholes to convince the courts that FUT packs is NOT a gambling addiction. I suggest every one looks up this information.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    You're not alone, I spent more time on menus than gameplay last year

• I grew up collecting football stickers that I bought in packs is that a gambling addiction?

I enjoy packs and I enjoy the lottery of who you can get and the thrill of packing a big name. I do think they should up the pack weight but you can still achieve high WL finishes and do really well without buying them so I don't get the problem.

If you want to buy them go right ahead if you don't then don't but don't complain that other people do.

I agree gameplay has its issues but the whole buying pack issue just bores reading the same old thing
  • Mc_chigby
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 12
    I grew up collecting football stickers that I bought in packs is that a gambling addiction?

I enjoy packs and I enjoy the lottery of who you can get and the thrill of packing a big name. I do think they should up the pack weight but you can still achieve high WL finishes and do really well without buying them so I don't get the problem.

If you want to buy them go right ahead if you don't then don't but don't complain that other people do.

I agree gameplay has its issues but the whole buying pack issue just bores reading the same old thing

For anyone that thinks this way I implore you to go and listen to the FUT weekly podcast on the topic or read the reports now out in the public.

After reviewing thousands of cases they can now strongly link loot boxes to future gambling issues. Loot boxes dont need to be classed as gambling to have an effect.

Its opening loot boxes, kids are opening up those pathways in the mind so in a few years time they are very exposed to becoming gambling addicts.
  • Sterve
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I grew up collecting football stickers that I bought in packs is that a gambling addiction?

They are designed to be addictive and the product is aimed at kids.
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    The product is aimed at people 20-30s with spending power.
  • Sterve
    limjitwe wrote: »
    The product is aimed at people 20-30s with spending power.

That is a key demographic but at what age did those customers start playing? And don’t underestimate the power of teenagers and children to influence their parents wallets.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kids? Nost of their money comes from 18+. I dont know what you mean by "kids" as if they have money to spend.
  • Grezzerk
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Imagine the amount of threads on here there would be complaining about player prices being far too high if fifa points was banned. If nobody had fifa points to open packs the market would be severely impacted and every card would be sky high due to lack of supply making the already hard to acquire cards even harder. End of day I’d say Traders make most (not all obviously) their profit off fifa point buyers opening packs and flooding the market.
    I don’t have an issue with fifa points at all, I know what the odds are and I’m happy to take a gamble. Don’t understand the big deal about it tbh.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up

Because your insatiable appetite for dopaminergic mediation ruins this game for everyone else in the process. I have no gripe with you wasting your disposable money/bank assets; hell, double mortgage your domicile and gamble it away for all I care. But wouldn't it make sense to gamble in places where you theoretically stand to win something and not just throwing money in a black hole?!
  • QuidoFrontiere
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Imagine the amount of threads on here there would be complaining about player prices being far too high if fifa points was banned. If nobody had fifa points to open packs the market would be severely impacted and every card would be sky high due to lack of supply making the already hard to acquire cards even harder. End of day I’d say Traders make most (not all obviously) their profit off fifa point buyers opening packs and flooding the market.
    I don’t have an issue with fifa points at all, I know what the odds are and I’m happy to take a gamble. Don’t understand the big deal about it tbh.

IMO that would be good. A lot of ppl stay with lower rated players... better than everyone has 90+ squad in January...
  • Grezzerk

IMO that would be good. A lot of ppl stay with lower rated players... better than everyone has 90+ squad in January...

Did you not see the amount of complaints on here when every single prime icon sbc was released because they was too expensive? End of day this community will just moan and moan no matter what they do and of course blame the game when they lose against a team that’s better than theirs because of course the other player can’t just be a better player...
  • Grezzerk

Because your insatiable appetite for dopaminergic mediation ruins this game for everyone else in the process. I have no gripe with you wasting your disposable money/bank assets; hell, double mortgage your domicile and gamble it away for all I care. But wouldn't it make sense to gamble in places where you theoretically stand to win something and not just throwing money in a black hole?!

“Ruins the game for everyone else” hahahahaha let me guess, you get beat by higher rated teams than yours so automatically claim the game to be pay to win despite countless people playing weekend league with purposely weaker teams and still finishing on same wins?
  • Sterve

Assuming you are an informed adult then that is fine (to an extent anyway). The ‘big deal’ is that the game isn’t just played by adults.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

“Ruins the game for everyone else” hahahahaha let me guess, you get beat by higher rated teams than yours so automatically claim the game to be pay to win despite countless people playing weekend league with purposely weaker teams and still finishing on same wins?

(1) that this game is pay-to-win is an axiomatic fact, and facts don't care about feelings.
    (2) subsidizing microtransactions only promotes gambling, menu content and p2w-- effectively putting gameplay and servers on the backburner. FIFA is to my knowledge the only online game that has a substantially stronger pull to meta-content over actual gameplay than any other game.
  • Grezzerk
    edited September 12

(1) that this game is pay-to-win is an axiomatic fact, and facts don't care about feelings.
    (2) subsidizing microtransactions only promotes gambling, menu content and p2w-- effectively putting gameplay and servers on the backburner. FIFA is to my knowledge the only online game that has a substantially stronger pull to meta-content over actual gameplay than any other game.

Take that as a yes then hahaha so please tell me how countless people have experimented by dropping there elite players and using a standard prem team and still finished on same wins on weekend league? Surely if it’s as pay to win as your making it out to be they should of finished a lot lower in weekend league? You could give a gold standard player the best team on the game and give a elite player a non rare gold maybe even a silver team and that elite player will still win.
    They only time the pay to win aspect comes into play is if your in an end to end non lag game with someone almost identical to you skill wise then your players might just get you a win from nothing. Them sort of matches probably happen once every 20 if not more.
    99% of the time either the better player wins or the player the game seems lenient towards that match wins. Pay to win has nothing to do with it and is just an excuse for sore losers who just can’t admit the better player won or they was shafted by momentum which has nothing to do with pay to win.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 12
    Kids? Nost of their money comes from 18+. I dont know what you mean by "kids" as if they have money to spend.

wrong, EA doesnt make their money from ppl who throw 5000£ in a go, but rather from the ppl who throw 100 or 20/50, who by sheer numbers of people who do it add up quickly together
    This game is not made for the 1%, EA targets the 25-75% range who cant tell theres in game manipulation to frustrate you until its too late
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Take that as a yes then hahaha so please tell me how countless people have experimented by dropping there elite players and using a standard prem team and still finished on same wins on weekend league? Surely if it’s as pay to win as your making it out to be they should of finished a lot lower in weekend league? You could give a gold standard player the best team on the game and give a elite player a non rare gold maybe even a silver team and that elite player will still win.
    They only time the pay to win aspect comes into play is if your in an end to end non lag game with someone almost identical to you skill wise then your players might just get you a win from nothing. Them sort of matches probably happen once every 20 if not more.
    99% of the time either the better player wins or the player the game seems lenient towards that match wins. Pay to win has nothing to do with it and is just an excuse for sore losers who just can’t admit the better player won or they was shafted by momentum which has nothing to do with pay to win.

It's pay-to-win by definition, like it or not. You are exchanging real-life currency for in-game shortcuts that cumulatively accrues to a decisive and often overwhelming advantage in the game; and if that wasn't the case, the competitive players wouldn't do it. I can't be bothered arguing about self-evident truths with people impervious to logic.
  • Grezzerk

It's pay-to-win by definition, like it or not. You are exchanging real-life currency for in-game shortcuts that cumulatively accrues to a decisive and often overwhelming advantage in the game; and if that wasn't the case, the competitive players wouldn't do it. I can't be bothered arguing about self-evident truths with people impervious to logic.

So in short you have no comment on the fact people still achieve the same amount of weekend league wins with a poorer team which points towards it either being skill based or momentum based. Why wouldn’t the competitive want the best players in the game? As I said in very rare occasions against someone of a very similar skill level the better players can make a difference. That’s a very very rare occurrence however it’s still a possibility so of course if your a pro player you going to want best players just in case because it could get you that one extra win to take you to 30-0.
  • Grezzerk
    You give a bad player who gets on average 12 wins each weekend league unlimited fifa points and I guarantee they will still get on average 12 wins each weekend league. You can’t buy skill.
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    Why do people like to empower their "opinion" by calling others kids?
  • Finesse_4days
    6912 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 12

So in short you have no comment on the fact people still achieve the same amount of weekend league wins with a poorer team which points towards it either being skill based or momentum based. Why wouldn’t the competitive want the best players in the game? As I said in very rare occasions against someone of a very similar skill level the better players can make a difference. That’s a very very rare occurrence however it’s still a possibility so of course if your a pro player you going to want best players just in case because it could get you that one extra win to take you to 30-0.

That's not how it works, on Fifa 19 Gorrilla ( a pro) tried playing WL with a **** team and instead of going 30-0 or 29-1 he quit half way through as the game was that pay to win he couldn't handle it, also Bateson got Top 100 when he had a pay to win advantage but by July time when a lot of people had great teams he started to get exposed and I think one week he got Gold 1 which is obviously miles worse than his previous pay to win finishes.
    Having a god squad is the difference from 19 /20wins with a bang average team and 23-24 wins with a pay to win godsquad at the start of the game when team advantage is biggest, later on in the game team advantage may equate to only 1 or 2 extra wins, but having the better players 100% makes a difference.
    For the people who have had a god squad and done no better than with a normal team, its probably becuase they are crap at the game and can't use the better players properly, but if you are half decent it sure makes a great difference using the likes of Messi,CR7 and Vieira instead of Fabiniho, Rashford and Martial.
  • Finesse_4days
    6912 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 12
    You give a bad player who gets on average 12 wins each weekend league unlimited fifa points and I guarantee they will still get on average 12 wins each weekend league. You can’t buy skill.

If you are god awful at the game it won't help as much, but I would still wager that a bad player could get an extra 2 wins with a very strong team, and a decent player an extra 3-4 wins early on..
  • Purplejacket
    Navraat wrote: »

wrong, EA doesnt make their money from ppl who throw 5000£ in a go, but rather from the ppl who throw 100 or 20/50, who by sheer numbers of people who do it add up quickly together
    This game is not made for the 1%, EA targets the 25-75% range who cant tell theres in game manipulation to frustrate you until its too late

Lmao, ok dude. You think kids under the age of 18 have 100$ to spend on the game weekly? I know people my age that put thousands and thousands a month. Theyre not kids.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

This is rather humorous, even more than your other arguments. From what empirical data are you inferring this statement? And please don't refer to the tiny substrata of players on this forum. You're trying to argue that a chair is in fact a table and it's getting really awkward, so for your own sake - i'm out.
  • Purplejacket
    Kids lmao. And theyre weekly allowance make ea theyre money, buahahaha. Ik bet the 20-30 year olds spending dwarfs the "kids" spending.