So defending

JPRM71
2317 posts Fans' Favourite
Still seems nonexistent to me, from Professional level up you can’t get close to making a tackle, is it another year of dragging your CDMs back?

Comments

• zeultuturor
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i played with a friend and the defending is fine. the flow of the game is **** but that's because it's a demo. tho i hope they fix passing cuz after watching some videos on ytb of the official version, the passing goes meters away from your receiver despite it being an easy pass that even nerds on this forum could pull off
  • YidArmy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 11
    It's always been the case when playing against the CPU. I only play online these days but playing the demo on World Class against the CPU reminded how infuriating it is to play against. You basically can't tackle or intercept until the ball is in the penalty box. Unlike humans they don't make little errors that we can pounce upon.
  • JPRM71
    i played with a friend and the defending is fine. the flow of the game is **** but that's because it's a demo. tho i hope they fix passing cuz after watching some videos on ytb of the official version, the passing goes meters away from your receiver despite it being an easy pass that even nerds on this forum could pull off

I’ve only played against CPU, seems like the usual after Professional level they can move so much quicker than you can.
  • JPRM71
    Yeah it’s the usual nonsense against the AI, I’ve switched it off already, yawn
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    I played against legendary and didn't find it too challenging. I'm nothing special at fifa, gold 1/2 WL.
  • JPRM71
    Noo wrote: »
    I played against legendary and didn't find it too challenging. I'm nothing special at fifa, gold 1/2 WL.

Well done you
  • Benja190782
    1318 posts Professional
    edited September 11
    Even tho I hate all assists like passing assists, shooting assists etc. I kinda like what EA did to balance the defending and attacking play in FIFA 20.

Because now defending is actually just as assisted as attacking. The feeling of drible is more authentic and less frantic when attacking. The same with jockey when defending.

It’s simply more balanced... even tho both parts are heavyly assisted.
  • JPRM71

Try that with Spurs and see how you get on
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    JPRM71 wrote: »

Well done you

Sarcasm? Lol.

Just an opinion mate. I've e read a good bit of feedback from people who seem to like the manual defending. I think it's promising so far, but you can't really tell against the AI. Need a game against a real opponent.
  • zeultuturor
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect

it's always hard to take the ball from the ai because they play really passive but it's still easy to defend, maybe a bit harder if you are a bad player since there are less interceptions made by your ai teammates. i don't really concede unless it's a kick off glitch. however, ai headers are really op and they create quite a lot of chances by crossing but the power of the headers is nerfed so they don't fly in from impossible positions anymore. if the game plays like the demo, all you need to do is get fast defenders and then learn how to defend manually.
  • GoonerSoldier
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still seems nonexistent to me, from Professional level up you can’t get close to making a tackle, is it another year of dragging your CDMs back?

FYI. If you are having trouble Defending. Do NOT use the pressure button. It has been rendered completely useless for Fifa 20. The Force field aka space left is HUGE. You must learn how to use Jockey and time standing tackles.

It's sad to see Fifa players praising the MANUAL Defending but when you call them out on the attacking being automatic and skill less they go missing. Mark my words. The Gameplay will be broken this year even worst than Fifa19 since EA ignores the default controls are all set to Automatic instead of Semi or Manual.
  • JPRM71

it's always hard to take the ball from the ai because they play really passive but it's still easy to defend, maybe a bit harder if you are a bad player since there are less interceptions made by your ai teammates. i don't really concede unless it's a kick off glitch. however, ai headers are really op and they create quite a lot of chances by crossing but the power of the headers is nerfed so they don't fly in from impossible positions anymore. if the game plays like the demo, all you need to do is get fast defenders and then learn how to defend manually.

Thanks for the feedback, ive heard that this demo is an older build than the Beta, so no point in judging the game yet. I chose Spurs specifically for the low pace and higher defending stats just to test. Will take getting used to, but playing CPU is always horrendous anyway.