Change to coin boost affecting traders?

Noo
1028 posts Professional
I've been skeptical in the past of the number of people who claim to trade to squads worth millions of coins very quickly from a starting position of no fifa points/coins bought or bots used.

My skepticism is mainly due to the difficulty in gaining investment capital at the start of the game to build up a trade pile and start grinding out a profit.

However, the one thing that made the claims at least credible, was the coin boosts avaliable at the start of the game. Within a few hours of playing you could have a good 25k+ from coin boosts. Enough to star you off on the slow grind.

With it looking like coin boosts will be changed this year and perhaps not as easy to accumulate, are no points traders worried about this?

Could this slow the growth of the market?

Comments

• Alex_cr
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    It’ll be a marginal impact. A lot of cards that are common in packs will see for a good amount of coin so a trader will sell what others may keep to use and invest in longer term cards that will increase.

Don’t doubt that people are able to trade themselves to millions though. It’s genuine and if you’re willing to put in the effort it becomes easy to make coins.
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    I don't doubt its possible, just the quantity of people that claim it.

Last year was so easy to accumulate coins just by playing and I got great tips which worked really well from the guys who know what they are doing here on the forum. But the hardest thing is to get those coins at the start. Quick turnover purchases and sales to turn 5k into 10k and so on before longer term investments.

Changes to coin boost might make this harder for everyone, especially traders to get early capital for investment or teams to compete vs fifa points users.
  • Alex_cr
    As a trader myself I’ve not given it any thought. Maybe it’ll cause issues but I don’t think so.
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    In some ways I think they will have to make coin boosts relatively easy to get early on, otherwise the whole starter market could be brought down.
  • RadioShaq
    14902 posts Moderator
    They added objectives that give you rewards.
  • nicitel32
    1537 posts Play-Off Hero
    u can do it even without coin boosts, but u have to be patient in the begining...i was flipping players and won about 300coins per player if u are not greedy and u want to sell majrity of them in a hour....u can make 20K an hour...there are plenty methods
  • I can't see how it would. Traders can rack up millions without the need of playing a bunch of games.

Back when I used to do a little bit of trading years ago, the income from playing the game wasn't even worth the time.
  • Sgft2019
    46 posts Park Captain
    If I get access to the web app from day 1 then the lack of coin boosts will have zero impact. I don’t buy Fifa points and will be able to trade up not a problem without even touching the game
  • Futfanatic
    12571 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes I think so! If you are a trader that doesn’t build up an initial capital with fifapoints (like me) I think it will be harder now.
  • Alex_cr
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Yes I think so! If you are a trader that doesn’t build up an initial capital with fifapoints (like me) I think it will be harder now.

You’ll be fine with your €12,000 worth of points 😂
  • Futfanatic
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I live on the streets tho, no cost for rent, power, car, I can afford it!
  • swfcfan89
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 11
    Noo wrote: »
    I don't doubt its possible, just the quantity of people that claim it.

Last year was so easy to accumulate coins just by playing and I got great tips which worked really well from the guys who know what they are doing here on the forum. But the hardest thing is to get those coins at the start. Quick turnover purchases and sales to turn 5k into 10k and so on before longer term investments.

Changes to coin boost might make this harder for everyone, especially traders to get early capital for investment or teams to compete vs fifa points users.

Completing a bunch of SBC's on the first day of the web app would give you a good 30-40k to invest with. It's no secret that that's where the majority of honest players get their early coins to invest with. That 30k-40k on the first day of the web app goes a long way when when you know what to invest in.

The big difference this year for us PS4 players will be EA Access being available for the first time. That means that player prices will be high from day one and investments won't be anywhere near as profitable as they were when it was just the web app leading up to early access.
  • SimenHP
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite
    Trading the first week is so easy though even on the web app without coins boost.

0 to 5k: This comes from your welcome back packs (you might even make more than 5k here).

5k to 50k: mass bid on non rare golds for 300 coins. There will be an insane amount of these cards because everyone wants coins right away. Then sell for 500 coins or more, try to get players that look kind of useable as they usually goes for a few 100 coins more. If you go for only PL you can make even more coins, but those cards are harder to win on bid. Getting to 50k takes at most 24 hours if trading for most of the day, the only thing that can stop you is if EA decide to give you a 24 hour ban for mass bidding which has happend alot to me this year.

50k to 500k: When having 50k, try to win players like Pepe, Jesus, Martial and other players that will cost atleast 50k and try to get them on bidds or if lucky finding them cheap at the 59th minute. You can here easily make 5k+ from each of these cards, because they wont be very rare because of their ratings, but these are the kind of players that are always over priced the first month.

500k + Try to get more expensive players, like Neymar, Mbappe, icons etc.. as great deals, where you know you will atleast make 30k from every card (remember EA tax though). This can be very frustrating to do though, so if this doesn't work, either keep doing the 50k to 500k method, or mass buy squad fitness cards and store them in your club until the first WL when everyone has the game, those cards always rise alot after a couple of weeks.

I made a lot of coins last year, but this year I'm not able to play the game until the 27th (except Early access on the 19th to 21st) so I'm gonna miss out on a lot of coins, but I don't realy see myself caring about coins next year anyway.

This was my Fifa 19 no FP club (it could have been even better if it weren't for me spending millions of coins on upgrade packs)

63d11c710934197de994a99bc32232f8.jpg
  • CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    All I know is.. last year I spent a sinful amount of $$$ on points and even like that could not gain an all icon squad. Once they released all those childish amount of super cards like young player stars and such it didn’t even matter. Truth is I found no joy in having a great squad when other forces impacted my enjoyment and found that the broken system made gold teams beat my star squad. That feeling made me sick to my stomach after spending that $$$.

If you play this year try and learn from last year. The points didn’t make me happy.
  • valeasr97
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the coin boost is still in game, i saw it on a video youtube 500 coins for 5 games was like a level2 of the season pass, definitly not like years before but i didn't saw all the objectives so maybe there was more
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    Getting coins quickly is overrated. It helps but you can trade the same in month 1 as month 2.

Coin boasts were great to get a starter team and have coins to trade. I might just have to grind for 2 weeks and then start trading more after that.

The game is 1 year. Not 1 month. Everyone starts the same. Make targets and have fun.
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Trading the first week is so easy though even on the web app without coins boost.

0 to 5k: This comes from your welcome back packs (you might even make more than 5k here).

5k to 50k: mass bid on non rare golds for 300 coins. There will be an insane amount of these cards because everyone wants coins right away. Then sell for 500 coins or more, try to get players that look kind of useable as they usually goes for a few 100 coins more. If you go for only PL you can make even more coins, but those cards are harder to win on bid. Getting to 50k takes at most 24 hours if trading for most of the day, the only thing that can stop you is if EA decide to give you a 24 hour ban for mass bidding which has happend alot to me this year.

50k to 500k: When having 50k, try to win players like Pepe, Jesus, Martial and other players that will cost atleast 50k and try to get them on bidds or if lucky finding them cheap at the 59th minute. You can here easily make 5k+ from each of these cards, because they wont be very rare because of their ratings, but these are the kind of players that are always over priced the first month.

500k + Try to get more expensive players, like Neymar, Mbappe, icons etc.. as great deals, where you know you will atleast make 30k from every card (remember EA tax though). This can be very frustrating to do though, so if this doesn't work, either keep doing the 50k to 500k method, or mass buy squad fitness cards and store them in your club until the first WL when everyone has the game, those cards always rise alot after a couple of weeks.

I made a lot of coins last year, but this year I'm not able to play the game until the 27th (except Early access on the 19th to 21st) so I'm gonna miss out on a lot of coins, but I don't realy see myself caring about coins next year anyway.

This was my Fifa 19 no FP club (it could have been even better if it weren't for me spending millions of coins on upgrade packs)

Wow. Nice team.

I bought £30 or so of fifa points last year to get me some capital to work with and will probably do the same this year.

Its the 5k-50k that's the struggle for me. If you get 5k from starter packs and invest that in a number of items that you can then sell at 30% profit after tax (which is a good yeild) that's still only 6500 coins. And that's assuming everything sells in the first cycle which is unlikely if your overlisting. Then rinse and repeat 8 more cycles to get 50k.

That's 9 hours of searching, buying and listing. It's a lot of work.

Wow. Nice team.

I bought £30 or so of fifa points last year to get me some capital to work with and will probably do the same this year.

Its the 5k-50k that's the struggle for me. If you get 5k from starter packs and invest that in a number of items that you can then sell at 30% profit after tax (which is a good yeild) that's still only 6500 coins. And that's assuming everything sells in the first cycle which is unlikely if your overlisting. Then rinse and repeat 8 more cycles to get 50k.

That's 9 hours of searching, buying and listing, assuming everything sells at 35% more than you bought the item for, each cycle. It's a lot of work.
  • SimenHP
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite

Wow. Nice team.

Wow. Nice team.

That's 9 hours of searching, buying and listing, assuming everything sells at 35% more than you bought the item for, each cycle. It's a lot of work.

Trading is a lot of work, especially if you want coins fast which is why I won't trade a lot on Fifa 20. I promise you though, I have had a team like that or better every Fifa, but it doesn't make the game more fun. I played with a silver called Knudtzon and had more fun using him compared to Eusebio, Cruyff and R9 this year.
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 11
    It’ll be a marginal impact. A lot of cards that are common in packs will see for a good amount of coin so a trader will sell what others may keep to use and invest in longer term cards that will increase.

Don’t doubt that people are able to trade themselves to millions though. It’s genuine and if you’re willing to put in the effort it becomes easy to make coins.

People can definitely trade to millions without spending. Using some simple methods with coin management goes a long long way.

The removal of coin boosts will not harm me. It will slow me down to start off with but once I get a good foothold it will all go into the pot again. It will only harm those wanting a good team ASAP. Traders have patience and don’t need a team unless they are completing. I will happy sacrifice my team for the first month and play with unusual golds. It doesn’t matter what division or WL finish I get. Coins are coins. Once the pot is big enough, they all go into different cards throughout the year. There are double you coin weeks and standard flipping weeks. You just need to be ready.

Depends what you want but simple targets. Getting what you need and not rushing is the key to prolong the game. Trading relentlessly gets more coins but I trade to what I need and relax. So I will start playing properly in October. Suits me.
  • Noo
    1028 posts Professional

Wow. Nice team.

Wow. Nice team.

Trading is a lot of work, especially if you want coins fast which is why I won't trade a lot on Fifa 20. I promise you though, I have had a team like that or better every Fifa, but it doesn't make the game more fun. I played with a silver called Knudtzon and had more fun using him compared to Eusebio, Cruyff and R9 this year.

I know what you mean lol. Loved Elton in fut18.
  • Razovar
    1131 posts Play-Off Hero
    98% of the time it’s just people smashing packs @Blarix is a classic one. He’s had a full icon team 10 days after release for 2 years running now. I think someone worked out he would have had to make 300k an hour profit every house for 10 days to have the team he had. I hope he still uses the forums because everyone has a good laugh it him every year.
  • Wisey
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The big difference this year for us PS4 players will be EA Access being available for the first time. That means that player prices will be high from day one and investments won't be anywhere near as profitable as they were when it was just the web app leading up to early access.

Hi - what’s this about?! I haven’t seen it say early access is available for PS4.....how do we get it?!

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 12

I live on the streets tho, no cost for rent, power, car, I can afford it!

Thank you for divulging your wisdom on how to afford to blow €18K on packs.
    Now most of us can afford it!

:joy:
    Razovar wrote: »
    98% of the time it’s just people smashing packs @Blarix is a classic one. He’s had a full icon team 10 days after release for 2 years running now. I think someone worked out he would have had to make 300k an hour profit every house for 10 days to have the team he had. I hope he still uses the forums because everyone has a good laugh it him every year.

Right, and to assuage their buyers remorse, they roll their big d*** swagger on the forums. Toshev comes to mind as well :joy:
  • Blarix
    20823 posts Club Captain

Good to see I'm still on your mind even after I stopped using the forum and the game. Enjoy fifa 20 let's see who you're going to hate on this year. Good luck
  • Futfanatic
    Here we go!

giphy.gif
  • Mmandras
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    So what are the changes for coin boosts exactly?

No, it doesn't affect traders that much, perhaps only slightlly slowing down accumulation.
  • Razovar
    1131 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blarix wrote: »

Good to see I'm still on your mind even after I stopped using the forum and the game. Enjoy fifa 20 let's see who you're going to hate on this year. Good luck

YES!!!! Your still here. You complete my Fifa experience. I enjoy your threads more than the actual game.

Please tell me your getting fifa 20 this year and spending hundreds maybe thousands of pounds again. All of us could trade with icons if we spent £1500 on release day.

Nobody hates you for opening packs, we all do it, we just don’t like bragging and lying.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up

YES!!!! Your still here. You complete my Fifa experience. I enjoy your threads more than the actual game.

Please tell me your getting fifa 20 this year and spending hundreds maybe thousands of pounds again. All of us could trade with icons if we spent £1500 on release day.

Nobody hates you for opening packs, we all do it, we just don’t like bragging and lying.

Now now...
  • GoodnightIrene
    3329 posts National Call-Up

Personally I think most people don’t give a flying toss, but I’ll let you do you mate.
  • Razovar
    1131 posts Play-Off Hero

Now now...

Come on..... don’t be like Blarix