Fifa 20 Demo is Good.....

GoonerSoldier
354 posts Sunday League Hero
Only with MANUAL controls. Otherwise, it's a terrible Arcade ping pong Automatic SKILLESS game. If EA focused on making the game less automatic and more MANUAL the Gameplay would drastically improve.

Evidence of MANUAL Gameplay in Fifa 20. The only way these EA Fifa games are any good.

Comments

• xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The game is about making the right decisions, not pushing the analogue stick 2 degrees to the left in the same direction
  • GoonerSoldier
    The game is about making the right decisions, not pushing the analogue stick 2 degrees to the left in the same direction

Are you serious? READ what you just wrote over again. Making the RIGHT DECISIONS. What the Hell does that involve?
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    Yes im completely serious. The right decisions on the ball. It doesnt really matter if ur a couple of degrees out out of 360
  • Verdi42
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There’s a difference between a couple degrees and aiming for the corner flag and scoring in the top corner. I agree that full manual is better, but mostly because it gives me more freedom. I play trough passes into space, trough defenders, not the standard x meters before the running player. The same with crosses: I choose where to put them.

When I make a mistake on full manual it’s my mistake, not the game’s. I recommend it strongly.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    I havnt aimed for the corner flag yet or scored many from outside the box. I have had a few passes go to the wrong player in my last match though.
  • CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a video game simulation of a sport. Therefore there is no actual skill. The skill can be interpreted differently. Preference is translated individually but doesn’t equate to skill. Pros tend to win and adjust to whatever the game play is like. They have adapted to the world fifa created.
  • jiajia3
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    good I love manuals
  • Verdi42
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The manual short keeper throw has even been fixed!
  • Luchtaine
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Let’s hope it makes it into the final version.
  • Avochad0
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    of course with manual will be better but it will need a long time to learn it to play manual .. but when you learn to play with manual directions the games will be much better ..
  • Revolve2099
    70 posts Park Captain
    Lol, all the so called Pro's top 100's will all cry cause the AI wont assist them anymore. I think that Fut champs should be entirely manual, then the real Top 100 players will be shown. So I'm down for manual and want to play football on how it should be played.
  • robrau83
    211 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol, all the so called Pro's top 100's will all cry cause the AI wont assist them anymore. I think that Fut champs should be entirely manual, then the real Top 100 players will be shown. So I'm down for manual and want to play football on how it should be played.

I suggest you buy a ball, call some friends and go outside if you want to play it like it should be played. Its definitely not in front of a screen with a controller in your hands.
  • Koolfashion
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some people should understand that Fifa is a business first.
  • d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    robrau83 wrote: »

I suggest you buy a ball, call some friends and go outside if you want to play it like it should be played. Its definitely not in front of a screen with a controller in your hands.

I really don't understand posts/comments like this. Seriously?

I'm sure a lot of us do play and watch football, hence the love for the game. I get it that it can't be like real football, there are a lot of things that aren't simply possible digitally, at least with current technology. But what's wrong with wanting the game to be a little closer to what it's like in real, within the possibilities? It certainly seems achievable and from what I've been reading on here, a lot of people would clearly enjoy it more.
  • Grezzerk
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would be all for them changing the game to entirely manual however the backlash they would get from the community for that would be unreal therefore it couldn’t happen.
  • I just play manual vs ai it takes to long to find a manual player. No one online cares.about manual.
  • GoonerSoldier
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    It’s a video game simulation of a sport. Therefore there is no actual skill. The skill can be interpreted differently. Preference is translated individually but doesn’t equate to skill. Pros tend to win and adjust to whatever the game play is like. They have adapted to the world fifa created.

I'm sorry. But what do you mean by there is no actual skill involved. Have you ever played a Fifa game with full MANUAL passing/shooting? 1) you have to AIM where you want a pass/shot to go taking body position into account. 2) you have to WEIGH/power up each pass/shot to reach your target. Please tell me how this does NOT involve any skill based on player input on the control? EA is afraid they'll lose all the casual players and little kids who enjoy Arcade football. I'm not saying that is what should happen. But EA must take COMPETITIVE aspects of the Gameplay when hosting tournaments to determine who really are the Elite players. EA took out Legacy Defending with ZERO input from the community on Fifa 12. But that's a whole other subject in itself.
  • Revolve2099
    70 posts Park Captain
    robrau83 wrote: »

This is the problem, I'm simply stating that Fut champs should be full manual and watch all the so called Pro's crash. Guys like yourself a the reason why this will never happen.

In regards to playing a real game. I do play on Saturdays and Sundays 11 a side.

The game can be more realistic, by switching it to manual. FFS Jockey is now assisted, I guess noobs such as yourself need to be spoon fed.

Oh by the way I play jockey on manual and through balls on manual. I won't let the AI dictate how I'm passing a through ball and position my defender. I also play passing/shooting on semi, as I want to control the power of my pass/shot and direction. The AI just adjust direction slightly.

Play like me and then come here and talk.
  • jiajia3
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Some on told me the demo is a early code. And gameplay will speed up
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    Everyone gets the option to play full manual or full computer assisted. Let each player decide how they want to play. No way is better than the other.

I do agree for competitive play. It should be all manual.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    This stupid arguments again. Pros will beat you 9 times out of 10 if they play manual as well. Its a video game, if its all.manual and defending stay the same most games will end at 0-0.
  • akh2503199
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 12
    Does anyone know how to do a goal while player goes in knee and do header in Volta Football? IN PC AND PS4 both.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone gets the option to play full manual or full computer assisted. Let each player decide how they want to play. No way is better than the other.

I do agree for competitive play. It should be all manual.

We'll that's just objectively false. There is always going to be one certain go-to (meta) way to play which is derived to be superior to others.

All manual wouldn't work for competitive; the aim of competitive is to keep the RNG to the minimum, all manual would be the opposite of that. Not to mention that the game would be really stale and rather dull to watch.
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    Semi would be the way to go imho.. you'd have at least aim in the direction of the goal. Would stop a lot of that 180deg facing the opposite direction top corner no look impossible goals..
  • GoonerSoldier
    This stupid arguments again. Pros will beat you 9 times out of 10 if they play manual as well. Its a video game, if its all.manual and defending stay the same most games will end at 0-0.

Are you kidding me? I've called out Pros directly on their Twitter for not playing MANUAL. Not 1 has ever responded. They go MISSING when they get called out. Pros fear MANUAL.