Please EA calm down with the FIFA 20 FUT speed.

TheTataGuy
991 posts Professional
edited September 11
I know that the speed is going to be faster, because otherwise the noobs won't win any games.
But please calm down, the speed in the demo is perfect.

Edited for all caps. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

  • 3MenandaBebe
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    The demo speed is not slow, it's just right, fast enough to make quick passes, but also slow enough you have actually time to hold up the play and actually think how you're going to attack, instead of blind ping-pong passes that can't be intercepted..
  • JH7x
    63 posts Park Captain
    Too slow
  • DickyBird88
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    I absolutely love it.
    For the first time in any new fifa I’m actually really happy with it.. normally I hate every fifa to start with and then get totally used to it and love it. Now I just love it
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    I absolutely love it.
    For the first time in any new fifa I’m actually really happy with it.. normally I hate every fifa to start with and then get totally used to it and love it. Now I just love it

    Yes me to, last year the demo was god awful.. This year it feels really good.
  • Jpo41
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    The speed isn't the problem......I feel like the AI is playing a different game than me. They can intercept all my passes, their keeper doesn't punch the ball every time he catches it, the ball doesn't get tackled back to them, they are faster than any player I have on the pitch.
  • deang07
    8092 posts League Winner
    last time ill say this fut gameplay is faster and more irratic due to chem styles, boosts and players stats and more than standard cards ect mixed with servers being inconsistent.
    for fut gameplay to be same as kick off it would have to be set slower than kick off in the 1st place but even so it will eventuallly speed up due to cards and tesms growing anyway .

    ea do not make fut faster with sliders or on purpose ect
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    deang07 wrote: »
    last time ill say this fut gameplay is faster and more irratic due to chem styles, boosts and players stats and more than standard cards ect mixed with servers being inconsistent.
    for fut gameplay to be same as kick off it would have to be set slower than kick off in the 1st place but even so it will eventuallly speed up due to cards and tesms growing anyway .

    ea do not make fut faster with sliders or on purpose ect

    Lol, FUT is faster in general, even without chem styles..
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    The speed isn't the problem......I feel like the AI is playing a different game than me. They can intercept all my passes, their keeper doesn't punch the ball every time he catches it, the ball doesn't get tackled back to them, they are faster than any player I have on the pitch.

    That's because EA does not know how to program the AI. If you play on world class and legendary, instead of upping the difficulty, they make the AI players have all 99 in stats, while your players are lowered.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    I think we need to run this by @Orison. *elevator music ensues*
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    I think we need to run this by @Orison. *elevator music ensues*

    I don't care, Fifa 19 was the worst sports game I've ever played, and that's what we hopefully all can agree on
  • Orison
    47797 posts FIFA Cover Star
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    I think we need to run this by @Orison. *elevator music ensues*

    Not bothering. He got exposed anyways. The famous 2700 skillrating Gold 1 player lul.


    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    Play offline then. Online gaming is for good players, offline you can celebrate "realism".
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    There is no way someone who knows absolutely nothing about either football or Fifa is 2600. You’re just blatantly lying to impress the internet. Good work.

    Also, Fifa is not football. They are totally different games. Meaning the person who plays Fifa like real football is supposed to lose
  • Orison
    47797 posts FIFA Cover Star
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    There is no way someone who knows absolutely nothing about either football or Fifa is 2600. You’re just blatantly lying to impress the internet. Good work.

    Also, Fifa is not football. They are totally different games. Meaning the person who plays Fifa like real football is supposed to lose

    Don't worry about him. In June or so he posted that he never got Elite.
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    I'm sorry. But weren't you the guy lying about your lofty FIFA19 merits on an anonymous forum? @TheTataGuy

    I never lied, lol, highest I hit was 2600 SP with an avarage team, that's it. I said 2700, but it was actually 2600, couldn't even remmeber, because I didn't touched the piece of poop game that was fifa 19 in the past couple of months

    I think we need to run this by @Orison. *elevator music ensues*

    Not bothering. He got exposed anyways. The famous 2700 skillrating Gold 1 player lul.


    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    Play offline then. Online gaming is for good players, offline you can celebrate "realism".

    Hahahah gold 1, yes, why would I even bother with this broken game?? I went to gold 3 most of the times, this game was not worth it
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Slow game speed actually takes less skill because it doesn't reward fast reactions good enough
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    edited September 10
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    @TheTataGuy, It's not going to make a difference on how good anyone ranks in the game. Good players adjust and the bad one moan on why they aren't winning games.

    I just started playing Fifa last year and was Elite then, I was elite all year for 19 including 1 top 100 finish and I'd be Elite next year too but I'm not going to buy it until I hear feedback after a few patches.

    If you dont like fast gameplay you obviously struggle against players who use high press. High line high press is the way to go.
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Navraat wrote: »
    Slow game speed actually takes less skill because it doesn't reward fast reactions good enough

    Players like messi and neymar should turn and move fast, with slow gameplay I mean that ping pong passes bullcrap, that crap you can not anything about, I don't mean that players should turn like trucks... It should be responsive, and fluid, but if someone is using an actual football brain, and you keep reading your opponent en making good football choices, then you should be rewarded
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    It's not going to make a difference on how good anyone ranks in the game. Good players adjust and the bad one moan on why they aren't winning games.

    I just started playing Fifa last year and was Elite then, I was elite all year for 19 including 1 top 100 finish and I'd be Elite next year too but I'm not going to buy it until I hear feedback after a few patches

    Getting elite or even top 100 in fifa 19 didn't mean anything, because if you have a god squads and just abuse broken, unrealistic mechanics, everyone can get it.

    People should be awarded by trying to make good football choices, and no, I am not talking about slow possession build up in the back, no I mean reading your opponent, pressure him at the right time, putting players into passing lines, manual tackle someone etc, and not that the game punishes you for impleting those football knowledge by bouncing the ball.back to his feet the whole time
  • Professor
    1368 posts Professional
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    It's not going to make a difference on how good anyone ranks in the game. Good players adjust and the bad one moan on why they aren't winning games.

    I just started playing Fifa last year and was Elite then, I was elite all year for 19 including 1 top 100 finish and I'd be Elite next year too but I'm not going to buy it until I hear feedback after a few patches

    Getting elite or even top 100 in fifa 19 didn't mean anything, because if you have a god squads and just abuse broken, unrealistic mechanics, everyone can get it.

    People should be awarded by trying to make good football choices, and no, I am not talking about slow possession build up in the back, no I mean reading your opponent, pressure him at the right time, putting players into passing lines, manual tackle someone etc, and not that the game punishes you for impleting those football knowledge by bouncing the ball.back to his feet the whole time

    The only mechanic I ever abused was the first time shot and only because it's more effective then a 1v1 situation.

    Teams alone will not get you elite I can guarantee you that. I know a bunch of people with god squads trying every trick in the book including home only games and still rank G2 or G1. Some people overthink it. It's literally as easy as pass, pass shoot.
  • TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    It's not going to make a difference on how good anyone ranks in the game. Good players adjust and the bad one moan on why they aren't winning games.

    I just started playing Fifa last year and was Elite then, I was elite all year for 19 including 1 top 100 finish and I'd be Elite next year too but I'm not going to buy it until I hear feedback after a few patches

    Getting elite or even top 100 in fifa 19 didn't mean anything, because if you have a god squads and just abuse broken, unrealistic mechanics, everyone can get it.

    People should be awarded by trying to make good football choices, and no, I am not talking about slow possession build up in the back, no I mean reading your opponent, pressure him at the right time, putting players into passing lines, manual tackle someone etc, and not that the game punishes you for impleting those football knowledge by bouncing the ball.back to his feet the whole time

    The only mechanic I ever abused was the first time shot and only because it's more effective then a 1v1 situation.

    Teams alone will not get you elite I can guarantee you that. I know a bunch of people with god squads trying every trick in the book including home only games and still rank G2 or G1. Some people overthink it. It's literally as easy as pass, pass shoot.

    Yes you, but other did abuse a lot more, and I understand that a team alone does not make everybody good, I've played enough people with God squads that are awful at the game, but if someone has a god squad, and just practices to abuse the mechanics, they will get high ranks in no time, and that's my biggest issue.

    Skill should be the most important thing in this game, and people are talking about "reactions".. So reactions = skill? What a bunch of ..... There should be a balance in reactions and knowing actual football to determine someone's skill. Because reactions will be their if someone knows real football, because they can read their opponents..
  • Orison
    47797 posts FIFA Cover Star
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Professor wrote: »
    Funny.

    Noobs are the ones who need slow gameplay

    PES gameplay is slow, if you think the fifa 20 demo is slow, you're delusional and are a disease to real life football.

    That's the thing, this isn't and has never been a real football game. Slow gamplay is boring and allows for people to time waste. Fast arcade gamplay is unrealistic but makes it fun and really sees who has better reactions.

    Someone has been watching Kurt I see. I agree that slow gameplay is not the best for online gaming, but this speed for a FOOTBALL GAME is fine, as the guy above me said, if you want to test your reactions, go play a shooter.. although you are still using reactions in a football game..

    In a FOOTBALL GAME, they better player should win, the one the reads the other player better should win, the one that play good football should win. Not the guy that ping pong passes through a defend and abusing mechanics and calling it "reactions"..

    This speed is the perfect balance, and responsiveness is more important that reactions..

    It's not going to make a difference on how good anyone ranks in the game. Good players adjust and the bad one moan on why they aren't winning games.

    I just started playing Fifa last year and was Elite then, I was elite all year for 19 including 1 top 100 finish and I'd be Elite next year too but I'm not going to buy it until I hear feedback after a few patches

    Getting elite or even top 100 in fifa 19 didn't mean anything, because if you have a god squads and just abuse broken, unrealistic mechanics, everyone can get it.

    People should be awarded by trying to make good football choices, and no, I am not talking about slow possession build up in the back, no I mean reading your opponent, pressure him at the right time, putting players into passing lines, manual tackle someone etc, and not that the game punishes you for impleting those football knowledge by bouncing the ball.back to his feet the whole time

    I mean that's just wrong. Not everyone could get it. Or ofc if you claim that everyone could have gone and learned the necessary mechanics (and also the reactions, timing and decision making) then everybody could get it in any fifa game no matter if the meta is like in fifa 19 or more "realistic".

    You don't just fall **** backwards into elite+ just because you have a good team and watch 3 videos about op game mechanics. You are delusional if you think that.
  • Oh boy! People are already calling for the game to be fast. You people always ruin every FIFA after launch with your cries. Because of you we get patches that destroy the game and turn it into a ping-pong passing first time shooting mess.
  • Just wait for the patch ... 🤨
  • EA_Rtas
    1180 posts EA Moderator
    Alright going closing this one up considering how it's gone so far.
This discussion has been closed.