FIFA 20 PC DEMO LAG

AlexFin
141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 10
Hello. I tried the demo today. The problem is it has a lot of lag and shuttering. With Fifa 19 demo and full version never happened.
My computer specs are way too good for recommended specs, so no reason for that.
Anyone having the same issue?
Post edited by AlexFin on

Comments

• joehuk
    3454 posts National Call-Up
    Are you running DX11 on FIFA 19?

DX12 on frostbite is so broken it's unreal, and yes FIFA 20 demo is forced into DX12 with no option to use DX11.
  • AlexFin
    Ok and what are the solutions? Honestly I dont think its a direct x problem...
  • joehuk
    Possibly is a DX issue.

DX12 on frostbite is broken and so badly optmized.

what are you specs?
  • AlexFin
    edited September 10
    Intel I7 Coffe Lake, 32gb Ram dual channel, Sapphire RX5700XT Pulse, Windows 10 x64, SSD M2 Samsung 970EVO
  • AlexFin
    Did you experienced the same issue?
  • joehuk
    what are you framerate settings? I have smooth gameplay in-game myself but bad drops during cutscenes etc

I use No limit on FPS & use Nvidia Control Panel Vsync
  • AlexFin
    i never altered framerate settings. I tried lock to 60 fps, i tried no limit on fps, results are the same.
    This is the first time im experimenting lag on a fifa game. I have freesync activated on 144hz monitor
  • AlexFin
    You are right, I just altered in amd catalist software some settings and now, the lag has gone...is very smooth, thanks for the idea.
  • Guys do this. Go to mydocuments/fifa 20 demo open fifasetup file and change DIRECTX_SELECT to 1. Save and don't go to launcher settings anymore because it can reverse it. Also first change fps in launcher to unlimited and force vsync in nvidia 3d settings for Fifa 20. It will help with menu and cutscenes 30fps lock
  • AlexFin wrote: »
    Hello. I tried the demo today. The problem is it has a lot of lag and shuttering. With Fifa 19 demo and full version never happened.
    My computer specs are way too good for recommended specs, so no reason for that.

I have the same Problem, fps lags. I Think it's an issue of EA
  • Navraat
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe a driver issue.

Update drivera or change to older ones
  • Futfanatic
    13993 posts Has That Special Something
    What is this madness code talk, what console is this “PC” thing?
  • Navraat
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »

i think its a nintendo controller not sure don't quote in that
  • Diegosky90 wrote: »
    Guys do this. Go to mydocuments/fifa 20 demo open fifasetup file and change DIRECTX_SELECT to 1. Save and don't go to launcher settings anymore because it can reverse it. Also first change fps in launcher to unlimited and force vsync in nvidia 3d settings for Fifa 20. It will help with menu and cutscenes 30fps lock
    Thank you so much worked for me ^^
  • My demo fifa 20 dont play.
    Im using windows 8.1. Its the problem?? Beacause the direct X 11 ??
  • joehuk
    Diegosky90 wrote: »
    Guys do this. Go to mydocuments/fifa 20 demo open fifasetup file and change DIRECTX_SELECT to 1. Save and don't go to launcher settings anymore because it can reverse it. Also first change fps in launcher to unlimited and force vsync in nvidia 3d settings for Fifa 20. It will help with menu and cutscenes 30fps lock

Thanks!
  • Basit9
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 11
    Dude atleast its running mine just **** crashes after a black screen, Help Me !
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    717 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have you updated your driver?
    Nvidia released a new update for Fifa20 yesterday I think.
  • Pooter
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    AlexFin wrote: »

What is your pc specs? Did it run well on 19?
  • Pooter
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    Diegosky90 wrote: »

He hasn’t got Nvidia card but AMD
  • AlexFin
    edited September 11
    The thing is simple, now I got it for myself. For those having lag, shutter and so on. You need to alter one thing in amd control panel or nvidia: just limit your fps on the fps your monitor can handle (144 hz monitor, 144- fr, 75hz monitor - 75 fr).
    After that in launcher settings, msaa on auto, and no limit on fps.
    Things done, no lag and no shutter!
  • On DX11 i have 30fps+ insane
  • Guys change DX to 11, then u dont have any stutter
  • Guys change DX to 11, then u dont have any stutter

But how ?
  • PDJEY
    1076 posts Professional
    Lock to 60 FPS on the settings
  • Alecosta9
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 12
    Hi, I have a PC with an amd fx 8320, a radeon r7 370 video card, 8 gigabytes of ram. Fifa 20 starts in directx 12 and this makes the game play lag, how can I do? Thank you
    Post edited by Alecosta9 on
  • a97dps
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sorry but once modified the DIRECTX_SELECT from 0 to 1 how do I start the game directly so as not to lose the changes without going through the launcher?
  • Futfanatic wrote: »

Dont start mouthing off about the pc or you will prob get banned AGAIN
  • I can't find the directx option in fifa setup, who can help me?
  • a97dps wrote: »
    Sorry but once modified the DIRECTX_SELECT from 0 to 1 how do I start the game directly so as not to lose the changes without going through the launcher?

You can start with the launcher, just don't go to the game options tab. So once you modified the file, open the launcher and click play everytime. It works for me.