3552 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    As mentioned somewhere I believe the demo is pre Beta. If these things are happening all the time we have a problem. But if it’s isolated incidents then we should be concentrating more on the overall experience

Expect. We must not defend the indefensible. How long have these gameplay problems been?

I’m not asking to defend anything. I’m just saying at this stage of development (assuming it is pre Beta) the overall experience is more important than what could be glitches that are ironed out.

You know, it happens at a time when the excuses are not very convincing anymore. Moreover, what you say remains to prove. And it would not be very professional if it were true.

I honestly don’t think you understand what I’m saying. I’ve got no problem with critique but I’d rather hear about overall game rather than what may be glitches or one offs.

I’ll use the volley as an example. Yes that’s an unbelievable goal. But if I’m hitting it 10 times, Is it going in once or all 10? I’m just saying let’s be constructive with it.

Please stop, I understand what you are saying, you are too kind. In a constructive way, we were all, after a while, that's enough. The player asks for the result.

This is the thing. You guys actually relish in seeing all the bad things posted online. You can’t wait to scathingly attack a game you’ll then spend the year playing, which frankly baffles me.

I just want context. If the overall experience is that it’s awful then fine. I’ve not pre ordered so I’m all good.

Very true, its like going through your partners phone. Find out they cheat and then still staying. Pointless.. if you posting and bashing then leave or at least dont buy fifa points or take a break.

This been like this since fifa 17 atleast
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    As mentioned somewhere I believe the demo is pre Beta. If these things are happening all the time we have a problem. But if it’s isolated incidents then we should be concentrating more on the overall experience

Expect. We must not defend the indefensible. How long have these gameplay problems been?

I’m not asking to defend anything. I’m just saying at this stage of development (assuming it is pre Beta) the overall experience is more important than what could be glitches that are ironed out.

You know, it happens at a time when the excuses are not very convincing anymore. Moreover, what you say remains to prove. And it would not be very professional if it were true.

I honestly don’t think you understand what I’m saying. I’ve got no problem with critique but I’d rather hear about overall game rather than what may be glitches or one offs.

I’ll use the volley as an example. Yes that’s an unbelievable goal. But if I’m hitting it 10 times, Is it going in once or all 10? I’m just saying let’s be constructive with it.

Please stop, I understand what you are saying, you are too kind. In a constructive way, we were all, after a while, that's enough. The player asks for the result.

This is the thing. You guys actually relish in seeing all the bad things posted online. You can’t wait to scathingly attack a game you’ll then spend the year playing, which frankly baffles me.

I just want context. If the overall experience is that it’s awful then fine. I’ve not pre ordered so I’m all good.

do you think we really relish seeing the broken game and the bad things that happens ?

trust me. I'll support EA if they made a good game and I might actually spend some money if it's a great game that will last a year. but seeing EA fails again and again just hurt us as gamers and football lovers.
  • Alex_cr
    4796 posts National Call-Up
    Empyrium7 wrote: »

do you think we really relish seeing the broken game and the bad things that happens ?

trust me. I'll support EA if they made a good game and I might actually spend some money if it's a great game that will last a year. but seeing EA fails again and again just hurt us as gamers and football lovers.

Yes I genuinely believe that people cannot wait to get stuck in. Not saying you personally. Don’t think I’ve regularly interacted with you on here. But in general, absolutely.
  • SBaggio59
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited September 10

You are incredible. Constructive! But opinions and ideas, there are many in many forums. EA knows very well what's wrong. I'm not happy that the demo is disastrous, quite the contrary, it is the fact that EA does not listen that disturbs. After a while, you must stop, you are a member of the community, like many, you do not work for EA. The money you give to buy the game will have no defect. EA does not make any gift.
  • Stoz
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    😂 my 10 year old son has just played a match whilst I’ve been out I haven’t tried it myself. Just asked him if the demo was any good he said oh my god dad it’s absolutely rubbish. Everyone is offside all the time it’s just pants so think I will give it a miss this year
  • Only played 4 matches on the demo and it feels almost identical to fifa 19 to me just slightly slower but that’s mainly down to not having a team full of legends or tots playing.
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite

Yes I genuinely believe that people cannot wait to get stuck in. Not saying you personally. Don’t think I’ve regularly interacted with you on here. But in general, absolutely.

I agree that some people enjoy seeing EA fails. But not me.
    FIFA is the only game I play regularly in the last 4 years. I just need the game to be better and rewarding. But the problem is that EA doesn't care much about the gameplay and all they care about their money.
    I understand it's a business and the goal of the business is to make money. But that money can be doubled or tripled if the gameplay is good and people will happily spend their money on it because they are getting something in return.
  • Alex_cr

You are incredible. Constructive! But opinions and ideas, there are many in many forums. EA knows very well what's wrong. I'm not happy that the demo is disastrous, quite the contrary, it is the fact that EA does not listen to me that disturbs me. After a while, you must stop, you are a member of the community, like many, you do not work for EA. The money you give to buy the game will have no defect. EA does not make any gift.

Look, it’s this simple. I will not play the game if I don’t like it. I will criticise it if it deserves it. But - I will be constructive. I will not post a video without context. When Salah does that weird thing where he wanders off - does that happen every time or has that happened once and therefore could have been solved in the interim period between this version and the version that gets released? Does that not seem a fair way of judging?

Also I’ve seen all these videos, I’ve seen people attack it - I’ve seen very little on the overall game experience. For example, what’s passing like, what’s AI like etc.
  • DUserUP
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i rember the sliding tackle thing when tryin to cross in fifa19 that got fixed before the game release as i recall
  • AlexFin
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone here is experiencing lag and shutter on PC?
  • SBaggio59
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited September 10

You are incredible. Constructive! But opinions and ideas, there are many in many forums. EA knows very well what's wrong. I'm not happy that the demo is disastrous, quite the contrary, it is the fact that EA does not listen to me that disturbs me. After a while, you must stop, you are a member of the community, like many, you do not work for EA. The money you give to buy the game will have no defect. EA does not make any gift.

Look, it’s this simple. I will not play the game if I don’t like it. I will criticise it if it deserves it. But - I will be constructive. I will not post a video without context. When Salah does that weird thing where he wanders off - does that happen every time or has that happened once and therefore could have been solved in the interim period between this version and the version that gets released? Does that not seem a fair way of judging?

Also I’ve seen all these videos, I’ve seen people attack it - I’ve seen very little on the overall game experience. For example, what’s passing like, what’s AI like etc.

You are too kind.
  • Alex_cr

You are too kind.

Just objective
  • Benja190782
    1275 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy what build is the demo? Before or after the patch of the beta?
  • Verdi
    77 posts Park Captain
    The most concerning thing for me in those videos is the Volley. I couldn't take another year of first time shots/volleys meta.

There has to be much more error to volleys and first time shots outside the box. If not it's gamebreaking.
  • You know the demo is a old version from before the beta?
  • Alex_cr
    Wait a minute? Those pens are from 19!
  • forearms
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    greif44 wrote: »
    I like that tackle 😆

:#
    I'm just surprised that it took less than a day and the internet is full with videos about the broken game.

Hopefully EA will come back with a better game with the new Generation. Playing 20 will be just a waste of time imo.

moments of broken physics have always been a part of FIFA, I just hope they can smoothly fix most annoying parts of it without breaking something else
    I didn't really expect a better game this year so at least I won't be frustrated

Same for me. The only fix I noticed was the El Tornado crosses. Everything else feels the same

I'm sure they use 99% same code for last generations of FIFA, just adjusting few things pretending to make a different game.
    17 felt really different from 16 when they changed engine. With the same engine being used for 17, 18, 19 and 20, I wouldn't expect it to be different.

The most surprising thing to me is how bad the collision engine still is. The ball rolling through players legs/feet, the players absorbing into each other. Going back to play 15, and the engine handled collisions so much better.
  • sjncomic
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 11
    Has anyone been able to duplicate any of these issues on their own? Are they repeatable? The only way for a bug to be fixed is to prove it is a bug. If it isn’t repeatable, then how do you know what to fix? This game isn’t perfect but overall it is miles ahead of 19. Most people are not enjoying it because they have not adjusted. But yeah, 10 hours in to the demo is the perfect way to make a decision.
  • GoonerSoldier
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    HILARIOUS PK call.

• xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like it. I played 4000 matches online in fut 19 and didnt notice any bugs except the 180 degree first time shots which i didnt like. First time shots seem much harder this year and working your way up the pitch is more rewarding. Driven shots inside the box arent as good which i used a lot in 19.
  • Verdi42
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually really like the gameplay. The difference with 19 is massive, everything is way smoother. Players control the ball better, colisions seem a lot better and AI seems smarter as well. They actually want to attack now, and show some real creativity. They even use skill moves and make fouls. I also like the new controls, especially the small lob pass and the lining up the ball for a shot.
    Btw: I play full manual. That feels better than in 19 too, pass receivers are more active.
  • joehuk
    3209 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 11
    Played a couple more games since my last rant about the demo.

Still stand by my comments.

This build of fifa feels soooo bad dribbling is none exsistant, seeing broken animation shots constantly, tackling esp against legendary AI is near impossible taking off that awful assisted jockey helped abit.

passing feels underwelming at times.

What the hell is receiving player lock? Late, early setting??? Both settings are rubbish why would I want my receiving player to be locked I don't get what this is suppose to do?? Feels like my players are standing waiting for the ball constantly no matter what I try and do.

Mainly the broken dribbling that's killing me and why the hell does the game feel like players are playing with springs in their boots?? Not sure how to explain it.
  • SBaggio59
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited September 11

You are too kind.

Just objective

If you say so.

The demo is very good, there are no bugs, is it to your taste? Sir, it's been years that the bugs persist, the current game looks too much like FIFA 19, I see no interest in this new album, if not to have the new jerseys and new teams. Until proven otherwise, you are not an EA developer. If this is the case, you can not know if EA developers are able to create without bugs. Or is it the interest of a Fifa release each year? Would not it be better every two years?

We must stop doing the good Samaritan. The good things you say, thousands of players have said it before you and nothing has been done, or almost.

EA must move, the graphics engine is old, old bugs are still present; "and do not talk eventually about waiting for new generations of consoles, because history shows that it does not mean anything, it could be that this change is worse than good."

And finally, we must stop being definitively on the side of EA, it's too easy. What matters is today, and the game is not ready yet, as is Fifa 19.

It's not always by partnering with EA that it will make things better.

You say I will play all year? We know each other ? And then, it does not make me happy to see that the demo is not successful, you are wrong. On the contrary, I am very disappointed.

As I told you, you are too kind.
    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • Verdi42
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special

joehuk wrote: »
    Played a couple more games since my last rant about the demo.

Still stand by my comments.

This build of fifa feels soooo bad dribbling is none exsistant, seeing broken animation shots constantly, tackling esp against legendary AI is near impossible taking off that awful assisted jockey helped abit.

passing feels underwelming at times.

What the hell is receiving player lock? Late, early setting??? Both settings are rubbish why would I want my receiving player to be locked I don't get what this is suppose to do?? Feels like my players are standing waiting for the ball constantly no matter what I try and do.

Mainly the broken dribbling that's killing me and why the hell does the game feel like players are playing with springs in their boots?? Not sure how to explain it.

The purpose of that player lock is the following: in 19, I misplaced a lot of passes (manual) because right after I was already correcting the receivers run, but I was still controlling the passer. With this new early receiving lock I don’t have that issue anymore.
    And even though I do have the feeling dribbling is more difficult, I also feel it’s more rewarding. I really like the overall gameplay.
  • EA_Andy
    3130 posts EA Community Manager
    edited September 11
    Thanks for passing these on and collecting them all in one thread - it's really helpful in terms of getting that feedback quickly back to the teams.

I'll send the ones in the OP on now - if you have any more please feel free to use this thread to post any bugs you see - I've renamed the thread so it's easy to spot.

Side note - lets keep this thread to bug reports now. If you want to discuss the demo more generally use this thread - https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/495616/fifa-20-demo-thoughts
  • Sami1999
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Reporting some bugs specifically tied to PC port:

DirectX API option is missing in the launcher settings:

It's still possible to change the API from the .ini file where the settings are stored. This should be changeable from the settings directly.

Songs can't be skipped using keyboard:

This problem started with FiFa 17 and still hasn't been fixed. The menu controls still shows "f" to skip songs. But no button on keyboard skips songs. This should be fixed
  • Druski5150
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fix the nets animations. The nets in Demo (as well as in Beta) look plastic and have a dent towards the bottom center.