FIFA 20 Demo - Thoughts

Comments

• QuidoFrontiere
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pooter wrote: »
    Are Liverpool one of the teams on the d emo?
    Yes

• d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    Avochad0 wrote: »
    players like sissoko and Fabinho are lit .. Benzema also Giroud etc.. hope they dont change the speed of gameplay.. Fifa looks good this year.. Pace is nothing at the moment

True that. All of it
  • Empyrium7
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    freakjas wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    remember 19 Demo ? it was way better than the final product. and after 2 patches they broke the game and all the exploits appeared.
    best way to judge the game is after the first patch

There‘s always gonna be exploits cause certain people do nothing but search for them and then upload their youtube videos.
    I remember one guy on here posting a vid either last year or two years ago of how to score from kick off by making your striker run into the box as fast as possible and you’re crossing the ball with full power to him from idk where and you score.

Anyway it just depends how bad these exploits are, if it‘s anything like these stupid first touch shots and volleys and all the bs from last year i‘m quitting.

some people still doing it in 19
    most video games have exploits. I just hope it won't be like 19 but judging from the BETA that I tried. first time shots still OP and ping pong passing will be in the game again.
    only solution to demolish ping pong passing is to make the passing semi-assisted or fully manual.
  • freakjas
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    Played a kick off game to practice some pens and realized that there is no pen shootout, nice.
  • Davisto
    6157 posts Big Money Move
    Not too bad tbh i like the free kicks nice change that

As for the demo itself **** you Ea where is the restart match option dont care about the spamming features that keep popping up :tired_face:
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up
    Tried the demo. The game is very different to 19 no doubt. But I can already see the new crab dribbling abuse, it's really OP :joy:
  • Davisto
    Tried the demo. The game is very different to 19 no doubt. But I can already see the new crab dribbling abuse, it's really OP :joy:

:joy: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afc8a0854a803a1f4c858248f8cf9c7e61f3d4d05&rid=giphy.gif
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cavani can do the chop. Does he have a trait or is it 3 star now?
  • Empyrium7
    edited September 10
    Untitled.png

"Jockey speed will be assisted to help you stay close to your opponent, but there is no directional assistant"

in other words - More hand holding from EA and less user input.

people will not tackle you and just keep close to you covering passing lanes until your player makes a heavy touch and lose the ball. it will be worse than contain.

Found the picture on Reddit
  • d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    treddy wrote: »
    453a2d6df5eb231cd6d2bae6556b9d2e.gif

Hahahaha. That is hillarious, it seriously happened?
  • d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    remember 19 Demo ? it was way better than the final product. and after 2 patches they broke the game and all the exploits appeared.

There‘s always gonna be exploits cause certain people do nothing but search for them and then upload their youtube videos.
    I remember one guy on here posting a vid either last year or two years ago of how to score from kick off by making your striker run into the box as fast as possible and you’re crossing the ball with full power to him from idk where and you score.

Anyway it just depends how bad these exploits are, if it‘s anything like these stupid first touch shots and volleys and all the bs from last year i‘m quitting.

most video games have exploits. I just hope it won't be like 19 but judging from the BETA that I tried. first time shots still OP and ping pong passing will be in the game again.
    only solution to demolish ping pong passing is to make the passing semi-assisted or fully manual.

Yes, even as a new FIFA player, I'm sure i'll like more things manual. More auto means you get away with a lot of mistakes, which should be punished, but sadly wasn't in FIFA 19
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2992 posts National Call-Up

Finish him.

Fatality.
  • Empyrium7
    edited September 10
    d3b4s1s wrote: »

Yes, even as a new FIFA player, I'm sure i'll like more things manual. More auto means you get away with a lot of mistakes, which should be punished, but sadly wasn't in FIFA 19

Agreed - FIFA 19 was noob friendly and way too assisted
    and as I mentioned about first time shots. they still fly in

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/d29pdu/we_have_nerfed_first_timed_volleys_in_fifa_20/
  • d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    I'd say I'm a noob, but I'm never in favor of winning at cost of bad game design/play/mechanics. Honestly, I used first time shots a lot in 19(coz how the defenders catch up with a single extra touch) but I haven't had much success with them on this. Tried a few with Son, he was my fav first time taker on 19 (; But i like the fact that I'm able to think ahead to plan when I shoot without getting crowded, and actually converting.

AI defending is still pretty strong though, seems a bit less nasty IMO
  • Alemas_2012
    15230 posts World Class
    Tried it.
    Really "meh" about it, I don't feel like it's going to be much different than FIFA 19... if anything it's going to be worse.
    I bet trying to defend lofted passes and through balls will be REAL fun, they are way too accurate and are perfect for setting up those broken 30-yard volleys. Possible exploit right there already.
    Jockeys are now officially game-assisted, and do feel assisted, and that'll be real fun having to negotiate.
    VOLTA feels like a waste of time.
    Think I will switch to PES after all...
  • Empyrium7
    I'd say I'm a noob, but I'm never in favor of winning at cost of bad game design/play/mechanics. Honestly, I used first time shots a lot in 19(coz how the defenders catch up with a single extra touch) but I haven't had much success with them on this. Tried a few with Son, he was my fav first time taker on 19 (; But i like the fact that I'm able to think ahead to plan when I shoot without getting crowded, and actually converting.

AI defending is still pretty strong though, seems a bit less nasty IMO

I'm not against first time shots when it's physically possible irl. I'm just against the one where the player turn 180 and take the shot or when the ball goes through the standing foot to take the first time shot.
    I tried few first time shots in the beta and most of them felt like 19. so accurate and players will twist their bodies to take the shot in an impossible way.
  • d3b4s1s
    77 posts Park Captain
    Off-side calls seem seriously off
  • deang07
    8092 posts League Winner
    anyone struggling to get a feel for it as its against cpu .
    share play and play vs a m8 thank me later
  • Lackosweat
    5536 posts Big Money Move
    Legendary CPU is too easy compared to last year. And crab walking is way too OP.
    Love the defending though, it has that FIFA 18 pre-patch feel yet it feels way more refined.
  • mindm4ster
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    I've been saying this for years

why can't they make UT same pace as Kick -off?

it would be such a better game
  • treddy
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hahahaha. That is hillarious, it seriously happened?

Yes. In demo
  • Ludinator19
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    I've been saying this for years

why can't they make UT same pace as Kick -off?

it would be such a better game

It’s the same game engine. It’s only chem cards that make UT seem quicker.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Overall good but:
    - cb still not jump when defend crosses
    - There is still dynamic difficulty
    - Still a lot of rng when shooting...
  • SBaggio59
    61 posts Park Captain
    edited September 10

Finish him.

Fatality.

Incroyable ! :) Rayden win !

• SBaggio59
    61 posts Park Captain
    edited September 10
    It's pitiful at this level! What did EA do on this demo?

Fifa 20 is Fifa 19.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 10
    Ive played 3 games on world class and conceded 3 last second equalisers. Totally unrealistic.
  • Thefranchise92
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Just downloaded and played a couple of kick-offs

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but definitely seems like a good step forward. It's slower sure, but something about the tempo 'feels right'. The animations seem to register well, good balance between pace and dribbling, shooting needs the preparation and build up, not mindless, as it should be.

Most importantly, feels like there's a little thinking and decision making involved, that little crucial millisecond of it, in a good way, both for defence and offence. Hope the final build is as good, if not better(hopeful though). And then of course, there's Ultimate Team. Lot to be seen.

Damn! something good to say about FIFA, been a while. Haha

Do realise the slower you talk of is because its h2h and not fut. Also your comparing it to the most recent time of the year which was tots,where everyone had 99 pace..
  • Davisto

Hit the ball that hard you he got swept away 🤔😂
  • ikillionaire ii
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Feels nicely paced, but the demo nearly always does, then 2 weeks into the main game, patch, back to sweat fest.

Another lesser note, but something that occurs on the demo each year. why do they insist on them "what's new" screens after each match and every load up, and how annoying is it having to change the camera with each boot up. Surely it can save the settings, always puts me off going back on it after a couple of goes.