❌No more Icon SBCs!❌ Pitch notes now available! 🥳

Comments

• CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    Moiizer wrote: »
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    Lol kids out here preaching we need prime and pim icons from start with their 75 rated starter squads

Stop it thanos you lost your gauntlet

Dont remind me man. Had nothing to do since that Idiot Stark clicked his bloody fingers.

Yea well he’s dead and his little blonde girlfriend can be yours now.
  • Futfanatic
    12571 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol kids out here preaching we need prime and pim icons from start with their 75 rated starter squads

Dont remind me man. Had nothing to do since that Idiot Stark clicked his bloody fingers.

You guys are weird.

I am too.

We should be friends.
  • WarrenBarton
    7322 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 10

I once dated her but she kept making me sneeze so I started avoiding her. She got a bit salty but I just about managed to shake her off
  • Moiizer
    6098 posts Big Money Move
    Futfanatic wrote: »

You guys are weird.

I am too.

We should be friends.

c10d7bac4980dcca4c7f7282926941b0.jpg
  • Financially driven imo, it will give EA another opportunity to hype a release of certain cards, the hype will influence fifa point sales going up at the time of the release.

OTW, player of the year, season etc, I bet FP sales peak at these times, prime icons is just another event so people spend on FP in hope of packing an icon.
  • CfcBlue

You guys are weird.

I am too.

We should be friends.

c10d7bac4980dcca4c7f7282926941b0.jpg

Goofball crew strong
  • Futfanatic
    Financially driven imo, it will give EA another opportunity to hype a release of certain cards, the hype will influence fifa point sales going up at the time of the release.

OTW, player of the year, season etc, I bet FP sales peak at these times, prime icons is just another event so people spend on FP in hope of packing an icon.

They are going to ULTRA drag it out this year. If we thought last year was slow...
  • Acker
    1126 posts Moderator
    edited September 10
    To be honest I was Initially very disappointed reading this and find it rather frustrating an announcement was dropped so close to release by the community rather than the pitch notes being up front and released first so we could at least gauge an opinion on the changes

For all we know they could be better and we should reserve judgment for now
  • Futfanatic wrote: »
    Financially driven imo, it will give EA another opportunity to hype a release of certain cards, the hype will influence fifa point sales going up at the time of the release.

They are going to ULTRA drag it out this year. If we thought last year was slow...

Yep, people will buy mid level icons at an inflated rate, primes will probably be released late, your mid icons will deflate in price whilst the prime icons are inflated, you lose on deflation and coin tax and more coins are taken out of the game/from you.

I had a plan of building a Dutch team from the start, adding icons etc where required, part of that plan was to get a Dutch ST icon as Holland lack a decent striker in game, so now I have to change the plan or buy a mid tier one, problem is I know I will want the prime and will waste money buying a mid tier as a temporary fix.

Just release the bloody primes, the MIM ones are still going to need releasing as well!
  • iitalic
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero

its not about being able to buy prime gullit day 1. the longer all primes are not in packs the less supply, increasing the price. and like other people have said it just makes baby and middle even more inflated becasue somebody like middle gullit is now essentially the prime. nobody wins not having them in packs day 1
  • Ace_Calhoune
    962 posts Professional
    On Twitter I saw someone mentioning a new icon system. Obviously we don’t know for sure what they have planned till the pitch notes come out but if I had to guess I think it will be some sort of upgrade system

If you have the baby version you have objectives to get to the mid and then objectives to get mid to prime, these might come as monthly objectives to stop people smashing thru them quickly.

Then the prime will be needed to get the prime icon moments in sbcs

I might be way off but it’s a guess
  • Moose Factory
    3377 posts National Call-Up
    They should just have ALL ICON SBCs for every farking icon at launch. That way you can slowly build and upgrade to them in multiple ways instead of this waiting until late in the the cycle BS. Hell make them a hybrid of objective based and squad/player based. I'd rather earn an icon after a few months than over pay for an untradeable.
  • Zephiasco
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    l’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who was planning on a back binge on EA Access and picking up the Primes I want on the cheap before full-release. Well that’s that idea out the window, looking forward to getting Prime Cruyff back after Christmas 🙄
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    On Twitter I saw someone mentioning a new icon system. Obviously we don’t know for sure what they have planned till the pitch notes come out but if I had to guess I think it will be some sort of upgrade system

If you have the baby version you have objectives to get to the mid and then objectives to get mid to prime, these might come as monthly objectives to stop people smashing thru them quickly.

This, is not a -we have something amazing planned for icons in fifa 20- be hyped tweet.

This is a -crap let me figure out how to sell this new system to extort more money from you- tweet.

As fun as your miserable outlook is, why not just wait for the pitch notes, then complain when you know if there’s actually an issue or not?
  • Futfanatic
    El_Nino wrote: »

This, is not a -we have something amazing planned for icons in fifa 20- be hyped tweet.

This is a -crap let me figure out how to sell this new system to extort more money from you- tweet.

As fun as your miserable outlook is, why not just wait for the pitch notes, then complain when you know if there’s actually an issue or not?

Bro it’s EA, there’s always an issue. Please tell me when there wasn’t an issue. They ruin everything. They fail while failing. They botch the botch up. They mess up the mess. They suck while sucking. Etc etc
  • Ace_Calhoune
    962 posts Professional

Your probably right 😂😂😂
  • SimenHP
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite

Haha, you really thought it was that Stark boy.

Now take on this...

ezgif-1-708222a99868.gif
  • Jaggy Snake
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 10

Exactly this.

If they were introducing something like icons you can upgrade by playing with them, that would have been a massive selling point and they'd have been plugging it all summer.

This is just another chance for EA to manipulate the market to suit themselves.

Also more vague "soon" comments. EA genuinely use soon to mean anything from tomorrow to never.
  • Recoba10
    1176 posts Professional

I'd be happy with that
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    They won't release all Primes SBC from day 1. Once you upgrade to Gullit/Vieira you won't try any other player.

EA doesn't want that, EA wants you to do multiple SBCs throughout the year that are good in the next 1-2 months and then you have to upgrade them.

Expect the same R9/Gullit in April

• Aspas10
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    **** off EA! I'm a nostalgia merchant and want my primes.
    Should have done what they did last year and release PIM later on. To get 1 you need to trade in your prime and baby/mid to level him up.

I don't spend money; so doing expensive SBCs won't work for me. Otherwise I'll just be spending all year making 2 steps forward and having to take 5 back to get the players/team I want(unless pack luck). By the time I get a decent team Fifa will be dead. While people will plow 100s and have a wordie time no time. Rewards idiots willing to spend 1000s on a game
  • Navraat
    Aspas10 wrote: »
    **** off EA! I'm a nostalgia merchant and want my primes.
    Should have done what they did last year and release PIM later on. To get 1 you need to trade in your prime and baby/mid to level him up.

I don't spend money; so doing expensive SBCs won't work for me. Otherwise I'll just be spending all year making 2 steps forward and having to take 5 back to get the players/team I want(unless pack luck). By the time I get a decent team Fifa will be dead. While people will plow 100s and have a wordie time no time. Rewards idiots willing to spend 1000s on a game

EA putting us in a rat race.

If you upgrade and everyone upgrades, then you essentially never upgraded since everyone else is on same foot.

At this point you buy just to keep up
  • Okocha10
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don’t worry lads they will be in June the prime icon versions when no is playing the game
  • CfcBlue
    Best thing to do is use a team with players you like and don’t worry about consistently upgrading. If you’re a good player you’ll beat p2w teams anyway. Not to mention broken mechanics like that saint Max shot in the other thread... players don’t matter as much.
  • Navraat
    Im getting tired of wait till may for R9

Just go back to old one Icon system cause this is getting annoying and no it doesnt make me want to play it more.

• CfcBlue
    Navraat wrote: »

Just go back to old one Icon system cause this is getting annoying and no it doesnt make me want to play it more.

Exactly. It turns me off to playing there way. I’m gonna re evaluate how I go about playing this year.
  • Navraat
    Navraat wrote: »

Exactly. It turns me off to playing there way. I’m gonna re evaluate how I go about playing this year.

These fools think that me needing to upgrade team to stay up to date every month actually makes me want to play FIFA. And that releasing R9 & Zidane in may will make me want to play FIFA till then.

This couldn't further from the truth. I chose console because I disliked being forced to keep up to date all the time and forced to upgrade PC every 2 years.

The same for FIFA, needing to wait for Icons till april and having to upgrade team all the time makes me want to play it less and less especially when it already resets each year

• D0lvl wrote: »
    Maybe they'll rquire the baby/mids for prime sbc's then require a prime version for the PIM sbc.

Haven't you learned from FIFA19 and the way EA treated all of us Prime Icon crafters? I'm pretty sure, that Prime and PIM will be behind a pay wall or will have absolutely ridiculous requirements.

If EA will give us the chance to upgrade our baby or mid Icons to Prime or PIM via objectives, it would be a total change of mind @EA HQ. Doing something good and fair for the Players isn't EA Style.
  • NDJ591
    468 posts Sunday League Hero

this will come.
    You will get better icons with higher season on the season pass.
    but this system is **** because you always have to pay for a better version via SBC.
    Its all about losing coins from customers by EA