❌No more Icon SBCs!❌ Pitch notes now available! 🥳

Comments

• Joestoe
    4708 posts National Call-Up
    That's a good thing for those who don't spend thousands of FP though. Having Prime Icons from the very beginning is fun. For those who can afford it. For the 99.9% others, who can't, it's a complete disadvantage.
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    Joestoe wrote: »
    That's a good thing for those who don't spend thousands of FP though. Having Prime Icons from the very beginning is fun. For those who can afford it. For the 99.9% others, who can't, it's a complete disadvantage.

Not really.
    Them not being available means the ones that usually buy the primes will resort to the middle vesion or baby version instead.
    Which means demand is higher and the price will be higher.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do we know when the primes will be released?
  • Dutch007
    2554 posts Fans' Favourite

March
  • Futfanatic
    12571 posts Has That Special Something

But the guys who can afford them will look at the middle icons instead. Those will be more in demand and the prices will be much higher.
  • Joestoe
    alex1987 wrote: »

Not really.
    Them not being available means the ones that usually buy the primes will resort to the middle vesion or baby version instead.

If I was someone who did not spend any money on FP (who I'm not, I'll spend quite a bit I imagine), I'd rather face middle or baby icons than their primes.

I'd really love prime icons to be released immediately, as prices will be better for "us" (the paying people), but EA's reasoning is probably among the lines of keeping an as fair as possible playing field during the first months.

Was it 2018 where they also didn't release primes immediately? I remember I was always pretty hyped when new ones were going to be released, although it took far too long for the top tier icons to be released.

Anyway, just my thought process. I would also like to play with Prime Garrincha asap, but if it's not possible, there's still plenty to be tried out.

Won't judge before pitch notes are out, who knows what they have in mind.
  • Joestoe
    Futfanatic wrote: »

But the guys who can afford them will look at the middle icons instead. Those will be more in demand and the prices will be much higher.

I know, and I think it sucks for us as well, but you must imagine there's tons and tons of people who won't be able to purchase even a middle one until two or three months into the game.

EA always tries to make the game for the casual players, perhaps this is a new step in that direction. P2W players will still be able to destroy with NIF CR7, Mbappe and tons of other sick looking cards from day 1.
  • Futfanatic

Not really.

If I was someone who did not spend any money on FP (who I'm not, I'll spend quite a bit I imagine), I'd rather face middle or baby icons than their primes.

I'd really love prime icons to be released immediately, as prices will be better for "us" (the paying people), but EA's reasoning is probably among the lines of keeping an as fair as possible playing field during the first months.

Was it 2018 where they also didn't release primes immediately? I remember I was always pretty hyped when new ones were going to be released, although it took far too long for the top tier icons to be released.

Anyway, just my thought process. I would also like to play with Prime Garrincha asap, but if it's not possible, there's still plenty to be tried out.

You can bet that it's goal will be to get more money out of us, not to make the game more fair.
  • Joestoe

Not really.

You can bet that it's goal will be to get more money out of us, not to make the game more fair.

I know, and I agree with you. I just came up with some arguments that EA may use in the upcoming pitch notes.
    No hard feelings to you (or anyone else who will disagree no mather the Pitch notes). We just can't change it so we'll have to deal with it anyway.

Once again, I'd love to have the Prime Icons available immediately, but it's not going to happen so I look forward to the Pitch Notes to find out if they have got some schedule or not.
  • Boommaametw3
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    This doesn't help anybody at all. Release all 3 cards but keep PIM for later release.
    Baby Mattaus as been my go to for CM. Bought him for 550K(ps4) last year while Kante, Pogba was like 400k plus so great value. Now he would be expensive because there's no Prime!!!
    85% of the Primes are irrelevant after March because of all the useless promos we keep getting.
    Why not make them available immediately? All i want Raul,Mattaus and Ballack only Bateson can afford Gullit,Vieira,Eusebio,R9 in early game anyway so why lock all the other icons??
  • Futfanatic

Not really.

I know, and I agree with you. I just came up with some arguments that EA may use in the upcoming pitch notes.
    No hard feelings to you (or anyone else who will disagree no mather the Pitch notes). We just can't change it so we'll have to deal with it anyway.

Once again, I'd love to have the Prime Icons available immediately, but it's not going to happen so I look forward to the Pitch Notes to find out if they have got some schedule or not.

For me, I get triggered a lot by this stuff. Last year they added PIM icons and then did not release all the SBCs because it would be too expensive. Yet they can set and control the market prices themselves by making the SBCs available from the start.

They choose not to. We all know why.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    Dutch007 wrote: »

March

Well that takes the biscuit!

• SimenHP
    1952 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully primes will be apart of Fut swap.

10 = Shearer
    11 = Kluivert
    12 = Van Nistelrooy
    13 = Blanc
    14 = Essien
    15 = Lothar
    16 = Cruyff

And keep doing this through the year. I can always get any icons, but this will give EVERYONE a chance to use any icon they want.

When the prime is choosen, you should be able to upgrade to moment by doing different kind of challenges with the player.
  • treddy
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The gud thing abt this is the sbc when they come won't b influenced by the high prices of the prime icons like this year
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    If the primes are March the PIM are probably next October 😂
  • Invincibility
    3464 posts National Call-Up
    BIG L
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    El_Nino wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Know a lot of you are interested in this. We're going to have a pitch notes article on this to explain more

Really wonder how you guys will sell this one to us now @EA_Andy. We keep asking for ICON sbc's all available from the start and you just give us less.

I’ll wait for the pitch notes to decide how I feel about it, you never know, it could be a good thing.

Ok @El_Nino give me an example how it would be a good thing?

All I see is that baby and midle icons will be even more inflated in price than normal...

Many ways it could, perhaps Primes/PIMs will be objective based and made cheaper/fee upgrades through some form of objective system.

Equally could be that you have to buy the mid and you can pay x amount or you then unlock the SBC for the prime version.

It’s unlikely, however I’d sooner wait and hear what they’re doing before moaning.
  • Joestoe
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Know a lot of you are interested in this. We're going to have a pitch notes article on this to explain more

Really wonder how you guys will sell this one to us now @EA_Andy. We keep asking for ICON sbc's all available from the start and you just give us less.

I’ll wait for the pitch notes to decide how I feel about it, you never know, it could be a good thing.

Ok @El_Nino give me an example how it would be a good thing?

All I see is that baby and midle icons will be even more inflated in price than normal...

Many ways it could, perhaps Primes/PIMs will be objective based and made cheaper/fee upgrades through some form of objective system.

Equally could be that you have to buy the mid and you can pay x amount or you then unlock the SBC for the prime version.

It’s unlikely, however I’d sooner wait and hear what they’re doing before moaning.

Wouldn't supply be far too small for the demand?
  • TMaher7
    999 posts Professional
    Please release Drogba and Vieira early ffs.
  • number7rocky
    4223 posts National Call-Up
    Complete joke, no pims is fair enough but Primes should be available from the start, will be next May when we get the best Pims most likely and as pointed out most primes get over taken by superior cards with all the promos
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    Yes i was hoping to get one or two primes before January before selling for a team of the year. Im thinking im just guna build a budget team and save my coins for trading now.
  • deang07
    8092 posts League Winner
    joke imo.
    if theres pim cards why can we atleast get primes from start .
    so we will get primes later then soon after pims wats the point
  • CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    So we pay for a game and can only use certain players for a certain amount of time during the year... that’s great @EA_Andy why must we always feel shafted by you guys? Once wouldn’t it be nice to be appreciated and rewarded with something so simple after over 10 years of loyalty.
  • Its_hareth
    32 posts Park Captain
    #weneedprimeicons
  • Moiizer
    6098 posts Big Money Move
    Lol kids out here preaching we need prime and pim icons from start with their 75 rated starter squads
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    I like it personally
  • CfcBlue
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Lol kids out here preaching we need prime and pim icons from start with their 75 rated starter squads

Stop it thanos you lost your gauntlet
  • OZero
    4985 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t get it. What’s the point of having a “prime” then? Mid Icon would be the starter and PIM would be the finished article? What about prime?

Ok, don’t tell me Prime would be SBC only and PIM would be packs only. I would definitely quit UT if that’s the case.
  • WarrenBarton
    7322 posts Big Money Move
    BIG L

Rest in peace
  • Moiizer
    6098 posts Big Money Move
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    Moiizer wrote: »

Stop it thanos you lost your gauntlet

Dont remind me man. Had nothing to do since that Idiot Stark clicked his bloody fingers.