❌No more Icon SBCs!❌ Pitch notes now available! 🥳

Futfanatic
12571 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 17

Comments

• Lackosweat
    5536 posts Big Money Move
    Hue hue hue finally no more R96 vs R94 debate B)
    R94 all day everyday
  • Joestoe
    4708 posts National Call-Up
    Curious to see their explanation. Not gonna judge before that.
  • Olleman
    12641 posts Has That Special Something
    BS imo, even tho I can't afford them at the start haha. Totall fiasco evertime they do a later release..
  • TMaher7
    999 posts Professional
    I do not like EA Sports.
  • BadSeedsFC
    71 posts Park Captain
    Well, not facing PIM Zidane and PIM R9 on the first couple of months it's great news. I'm loving this <3
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wonder what their reasoning behind it is, god awful decision and its most likely financially driven. Majority of the community don’t want this but when have EA ever gave a rats **** about us?
  • Moiizer
    6098 posts Big Money Move
    Would imagine it goes back to the fact the cards are too good for the beginning of Fifa?
  • EA_Andy
    3151 posts EA Community Manager
    Know a lot of you are interested in this. We're going to have a pitch notes article on this to explain more

• IamFrench
    1362 posts Professional
    I'm not a fan, but apparently it's a good system ... I'm waiting for the Pitch Notes before giving a final opinion.

• Joestoe
    4708 posts National Call-Up
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Know a lot of you are interested in this. We're going to have a pitch notes article on this to explain more

Any ETA on the Pitch Notes? Can only imagine the whole community is very interested to hear about the plans. :)
  • Either way, EA should be on top of this before it get's put out in the world by guys like Chuboi...How hard is it to have this information ready 2 weeks before release.
  • WonderMouse
    2048 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't mind as long as we have some sort of roadmap or idea of when things are going to get released.

If they hide them away just to realise them in Febuary I will be pissed.
  • solnasolna08
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero

IamFrench wrote: »
    I'm not a fan, but apparently it's a good system ... I'm waiting for the Pitch Notes before giving a final opinion.

Maybe u can upgrade middle and baby icons to prime after some superhard achievements?
  • D0lvl
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe they'll rquire the baby/mids for prime sbc's then require a prime version for the PIM sbc.
  • Olleman

Okay, I'll wait for the pitch notes before I start bashing EA again :joy:
  • Moiizer
    Olleman wrote: »

Meet you at EA HQ 2 mins after the pitch notes with our sledgehammers?
  • Reus
    22445 posts Club Captain

Maybe u can upgrade middle and baby icons to prime after some superhard achievements?

That should be how PIMs work
  • Moiizer
    Reus wrote: »

That should be how PIMs work

I could get behind something like this for sure
  • Olleman
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Olleman wrote: »

Meet you at EA HQ 2 mins after the pitch notes with our sledgehammers?

Haha, might as well be there 2 min before based on past experiences with these announcements :joy:
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m optimistically hoping it’ll be Primes gradually(quickly) released by SBC, and the PIM is only accessible by completing challenges with the Prime

But I’m probably dreaming
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite

D0lvl wrote: »
    Maybe they'll rquire the baby/mids for prime sbc's then require a prime version for the PIM sbc.

Was thinking something along the lines of this earlier when I saw that tweet! IMO this is the only way they can go without royally p*ssing off the entire community! I would welcome completing challenges towards upgrading them! Could be something as simple as score x amount of goals or assists or something more creative like ‘win x number of games with the nationalitity of that icon’ or something based on the teams they played for in the past!
  • Olleman

This would be very very cool and would 100% get behind this as well. Something to grind for, kinda lika a road to glory :)
  • sturges12345
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    Good imo. Certain prime icons are too op to be able to buy at the start of the game. These being eusebio, Gullit, R9, Vieira. If you got these in November compared to nif gold cards the advantage was beyond ridiculous
  • the_pack_king
    492 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is BS, I will explain and was one of the reasons I gave up playing Fifa 19.

When the game is released its almost October. We all know the game peaks for next few months and slowly dies down a bit after Xmas before picking up again for toty. Once toty finishes it's on to the next fifa every time, so to summerise the life span is not great, I would say 8 months at best.

The fact that christmas will come around and we will probably have at best 8 primes out of 60/70 icons released is ridiculous. I don't see how anybody can be happy waiting until march/April for the likes of gullit to be released. Why grind for months to have a player that you can use for around 8 weeks when the game is dying.

I know some people will shoot me for saying this, others will be in the same boat but I loaded up 240k on fifa points so far with the plan to load up a total of 500k. I am stopping at 240k. My plan was to get the primes while they are cheap during first few days. No point in me loading any more when the standard top cards will be outdated in a few weeks/months and baby/mid icons will be decreasing as the primes are released.

Imo ridicous decision by EA if I knew that I would prob have gave fifa a miss this year
  • Olleman
    This is BS, I will explain and was one of the reasons I gave up playing Fifa 19.

When the game is released its almost October. We all know the game peaks for next few months and slowly dies down a bit after Xmas before picking up again for toty. Once toty finishes it's on to the next fifa every time, so to summerise the life span is not great, I would say 8 months at best.

The fact that christmas will come around and we will probably have at best 8 primes out of 60/70 icons released is ridiculous. I don't see how anybody can be happy waiting until march/April for the likes of gullit to be released. Why grind for months to have a player that you can use for around 8 weeks when the game is dying.

I know some people will shoot me for saying this, others will be in the same boat but I loaded up 240k on fifa points so far with the plan to load up a total of 500k. I am stopping at 240k. My plan was to get the primes while they are cheap during first few days. No point in me loading any more when the standard top cards will be outdated in a few weeks/months and baby/mid icons will be decreasing as the primes are released.

Imo ridicous decision by EA if I knew that I would prob have gave fifa a miss this year

If the reasoning for loading up all them points was to buy primes early on, I really understand your frustration.
  • Futfanatic

Really wonder how you guys will sell this one to us now @EA_Andy. We keep asking for ICON sbc's all available from the start and you just give us less.
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »

Really wonder how you guys will sell this one to us now @EA_Andy. We keep asking for ICON sbc's all available from the start and you just give us less.

I’ll wait for the pitch notes to decide how I feel about it, you never know, it could be a good thing.
  • xSILENTxSNIPERx
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yes i was hoping to buy a prime icon early on too, or two if i got lucky with my packs.
  • Futfanatic
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I’ll wait for the pitch notes to decide how I feel about it, you never know, it could be a good thing.

Ok @El_Nino give me an example how it would be a good thing?

All I see is that baby and midle icons will be even more inflated in price than normal...